Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Skyfire Developer Pulls Own App for Being Too Successful

Thanks

Do you think that Jobs told them, "hey, don't worry, no one used flash anymore because i told them all months ago that flash is on it's way out. your 1 server will be enough for launch day".

really i love this app so far, iv'e have no problems with loading times, or what vid i can watch from launch time till just now. Sucks that they can't handle the volume...
    Thanks to all those who do what I can't
    Z - K - Wy - Bars - Blue - Li - Darkness

and many more

Thanks
    Thanked 2,875 Times in 1,244 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mudrock1000 View Post
    Well it does that because there can be alot of flash content on a particular website. I Use that setting myself on my nexus. If you had a clusterfuck of flash content going, then your phone would die out pretty fast I think

However there should be a feature for that. Not gonna lie.
    I suppose you could be right but how do we know for sure?!?! When I (used to) use Frash and I'd enable (just for fun) all the Flash ads to play at once I didn't notice a decrease in battery life or speed.

Now, that might be the case for 2G, 3G users whose processors are slower but my old 3GSand my ip4 ran it like a champ!

I'm just thinking (like u said) that there at least needs to be an option to enable 'true' Flash playback cuz I don't wanna waist my time clicking on an unknown ad that Skyfire popped up as an 'important' video (in a separate window) assuming that I would want to watch it....does that make sense?!?!

Thanks

You would think that this kind of reaction to a browser with some Flash would say "Hey Steve Jobs, HTML5 is great and all but maybe you should develop what your customers actually want"...If Apple spent half the time, money, and resources that they used to develop Facetime, Game Center, and the ****** Apple Store App, on developing an efficient Flash integration, people would be thrilled and Apple would get even more Android and Blackberry users to switch to iPhone. I'd rather have Flash then Facetime or Game Center...

go to cydia and searcg for skyf1re take note the i is a 1 seems to work pretty well,crashed but I restarted my iphone and now seems to work good BUT i had to remove frash first!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Watched tons of NBA.com vids yesterday

This is probably the best safari alternative out there. I personally though opera kinda sucked, though there were a few features that I enjoyed. iCab also had a few nice features but each time I found myself returning to Mobile Safari because apple did it right there though it really could use a built-in search-in-page and download manager. Those two things are my biggest qualms with Skyfire too. I think since the UI is pretty similar to safari it makes me feel right at home and makes it fairly easy to get used to. I love the flash-to-HTML5 video conversion and how they've implemented web searches. It's still a little laggy from time to time and I would love to see search in page and a dl manager implemented but aside from that Skyfire is off to a great start! Hopefully they'll get some additional servers up and running to handle the iDemand and we'll see this app back in the store sometime soon!

bah nm God.tv doesn't work and The other switched over to html5 look like cuz it works in safari.

Pirate versions of this application is going to increase badly. That's still going to stress the servers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

I totally missed it! There was an article before release and now one to let me know I am too late. Perhaps it would have been prudent to post an announcement when it was actually available for download.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

I got it before it went down and it worked well for me but im not the type that needs to have flash. I was perfectly fine without it but if i have it then cool, if not no big deal. thats why I have a laptop. I had it on my Evo and it was still kinda choppy but will work in a pinch. Cant wait till the servers are back up so i can test it out further.

A company like Google, that can handle the bandwidth, should buy out the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashawn View Post
    Pirate versions of this application is going to increase badly. That's still going to stress the servers.
    I'm wondering if they have a way of tracking that(legitimately bought ecid vs non). I'm assuming since they don't even have enough capacity for launch day that they havent thought that far ahead.

This should prove to Apple that people do want flash on their phones!

Wish I hadn't bought this. Frankly I want my money back.

Actually, since the developer themselves is basically admitting that their app isn't fit for purpose, I probably have good grounds to ask Apple for a refund. Too much hassle for a couple dollars though.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post

Actually, since the developer themselves is basically admitting that their app isn't fit for purpose, I probably have good grounds to ask Apple for a refund. Too much hassle for a couple dollars though.
    Ps they won't give you a refund only an iTunes credit, trust me I've done it

there's something fishy here

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

I wasn't really impressed. It took the video quite a while to load on my phone, and it was on wi-fi! The rest of the app is cool but the real point was the flash part and after using it for a while I realized that I didn't need flash and I decided to delete it. Thankfully I got it cracked cuz now that its not working I would be so disappointed if I would have wasted 3 bucks on this.

Thanks

I just watched steaming pr0n...the iPhone is now perfect.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post

You agree to the iTunes Store EULA that your purchases are final so you can't really do anything about it although some people have been successful in getting their money back.

This app sounds better than Frash.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast