+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Mocks Apple in New Ad

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Antman217 What?! T-Mobile has 4G?! Thats BS. Its just like Sprints 4G, good luck getting any. I mean T-Mobile's 3G isnt even that good so I cant
    My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Antman217 View Post
    What?! T-Mobile has 4G?! Thats BS. Its just like Sprints 4G, good luck getting any. I mean T-Mobile's 3G isnt even that good so I cant imagine when Verizon, and eventually, AT&T roll out their 4G, T-Mobile's 4G is going to look like sh*t!
    This is what i was thinking. I thought the 4g referred to the generation of the my touch
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The interesting point is that the add "exposes" the truth that Apple is carrying the burden of having AT&T as its exclusive carrier.

Facetime is not the only thing that is being played down by the poor quality of AT&T's network. There are way too many bad design decisions and limitations in the iPhone that are a reflex of AT&T narrow minded view and bad network.

Green Apple
    Thanks

That myTouch looks shite. Theres nothing like the simple design of the iphone. Plus the reason facetime is wifi only is the iphone is so popular that it would crash a network if everyone used it.
    No Sig Spam..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barryson77 View Post
    you all should be ashamed of ur self,thanks to Apple everybody is dying now to get video calling working on there phone or network like FACETIME,but i guess we all ungrateful creatures
    You must be new to video calling. Nokia had this loooong time ago. I had it 7 years ago, and it was working. Hell even the 3GS processor supports this feature when the stats was released, just that Apple did not utilize it. You may be ungrateful creature, by giving credit to someone who does not deserve it.

Thanks

my iphone 4 will crap on tmobile any day
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

T-Mobile is announcing this evening that it's now got 75 live HSPA+ markets online, with coverage for roughly 200 million Americans up and running by the end of 2010.That footprint will start off at a theoretical max downlink of 21Mbps, but the carrier will be looking to scale that to 42Mbps in 2011 with the capacity to upgrade to 84 and 168Mbps down the road -- all without ever worrying about LTE. The veracity of T-Mobile's insistence that this is a "4G" network remains debatable -- particularly in light of the ITU's ruling that only LTE-Advanced and WiMAX 2 qualify -- but then again, that same ruling would mean that neither Sprint, Verizon, nor T-Mobile really have 4G up and running in the strictest of terms, and it's hard to argue that these guys are pushing speeds that meet or exceed what either LTE or WiMAX can offer today.

Full article
    T-Mobile moves up to 75 live HSPA+ markets, says it's running the largest '4G' network in the US -- Engadget

Tmobile
    Evolved HSPA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    AT&T
    LTE Advanced - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Captinsmooth For This Useful Post:

anekin007 (11-03-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Its actually a funny commercial.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    You must be new to video calling. Nokia had this loooong time ago. I had it 7 years ago, and it was working. Hell even the 3GS processor supports this feature when the stats was released, just that Apple did not utilize it. You may be ungrateful creature, by giving credit to someone who does not deserve it.
    I had it on my crappy LG Shine back in '07

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    How much ur carrier charged u for that u dumb f**k?

Banned
    Thanks

Who uses Facetime anyway ....

Thanks

I agree. I got a ip4 since the release and to this date haven't used FaceTime once! I just don't know anyone else with a ip4. My friends are cheap. Lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Oh you American's taking digs at each other in ads....

T-Mobiles latest Ad in the UK is far more epic
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ3ntNKIoss]YouTube - T-Mobile 'Welcome Back' Advert - HIGH QUALITY[/ame]

Facetime is a gimmick anywho, I have an iPhone 4 and have several friends with iPhone 4's also. Not once have I wanted to Facetime. If I want to see someone face to face I'll go see them face to face thanks very much.
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 11-03-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I use my FaceTime daily. Its great since I am at work when my kids go to bed they can call and tell me good night. Or when they bring home something from school they can show me. To each his own I guess. Just tired of everyone saying its useless and retarded just because they dont use it. Good for you, move along.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barryson77 View Post
    How much ur carrier charged u for that u dumb f**k?
    Aren't you the dumb f**k for giving credit to where it is not due? Get called out for giving false information so you change to a hysterical little kid and use profanity.

You tell me how much they charge for it, it was on AT&T network. If Apple had a phone at that time it would cost the same, maybe they would charge a dumb f**k like you more.
    Last edited by unison999; 11-03-2010 at 03:47 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shady6 View Post
    I use my FaceTime daily. Its great since I am at work when my kids go to bed they can call and tell me good night. Or when they bring home something from school they can show me. To each his own I guess. Just tired of everyone saying its useless and retarded just because they dont use it. Good for you, move along.
    Something that one does not use or has no desire to use, is the definition of useless
    I think it's more that people get annoyed by people acting like Apple invented video calling.

Thanks

There just hating
    "We don't need bullets, We need Pie's"

Thanks

myTouch 4G would attack your wallet more than ATT network...

keep up the cellular data usage! lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Why is expressing dislike or even indifference towards something always labeled "hating" or "trolling" nowadays?
    It seems you're not allowed have any negative opinion towards Apple these days without being chastised. Not everything they do is a technological orgasm. I'm not simply talking about Facetime but Apple and similar "Fanboyisms" in general.
    Take off the Rose Tinted Glasses folks.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

I'd totally facetime that chick in the commercial... facetime her all night long...

Should I use protected Wifi or unprotected Wifi?
    #eli7e revived me

21. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

creolesoul (11-04-2010)

Thanks

I guess T-Mo got the call from Apple that there won't be an iPhone coming their way next year. Sore losers if you ask me.
    (2011) Mac mini Core i5-2520M 2.5GHz-3.2GHz (Turbo Boost) | 8GB DDR3 RAM | AMD Radeon HD 6630M | 27" LED Cinema Display | 6TB GRAID | 3TB Time Capsule 4th gen | iPhone 4 | iPad 2 | Apple TV 2nd gen. | Magic Trackpad | I surrender...