Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple: You Sue Us? We'll Sue You!

Quote Originally Posted by topless1967stang View Post
    Patient? You mean like a person in a hospital? Or like have some patience?
    Or perhaps you mean patent, which is what we are taking about.
    +1

Six times, wow.
    Hmm...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally think there is a fundamental flaw in the way we work patents. It seems a little ridiculous to me to be able to patent something like multi-touch gestures. Pinch to zoom, swipe, etc. should not be patentable, period. The idea of patents has been around for centuries. The problem is that the law has seen little to no updates in this field. Simply put it is incredibly outdated and companies like Motorola and Apple use it to their advantage any time they can. One such example is patenting every idea under the sun in hope that something eventually sticks and becomes a money maker.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

Retrospect (10-31-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I personally think there is a fundamental flaw in the way we work patents. It seems a little ridiculous to me to be able to patent something like multi-touch gestures. Pinch to zoom, swipe, etc. should not be patentable, period. The idea of patents has been around for centuries. The problem is that the law has seen little to no updates in this field. Simply put it is incredibly outdated and companies like Motorola and Apple use it to their advantage any time they can. One such example is patenting every idea under the sun in hope that something eventually sticks and becomes a money maker.
    Hang on a sec. Nobody thought of multitouch before Apple and Apple then went onto develop it and give it to its users. It is their idea, no? Yet that guy that used to work for MS patented a rather broad and flimsy idea of functions inside a browser, years ago, but never developed it or provided it for anyone to use. Now he comes out and sues all the companies that use these functions with their browser, except who? MS. That's what's wrong with the patent laws. Patents should have an expiry date if they haven't been developed within say 3-5 years. Patent banking is just a fraud and will only stymie development if it's not stopped.

Multitouch belongs to Apple. Period.
    Last edited by Tyronal; 10-31-2010 at 02:40 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VBLUE42 View Post
    I think some of you miss the point here. It really doesn't matter if Apple secured a patient on something you think shouldn't be able to be patented. The fact is, they secured the damn patient and they can sue anyone they see fit for violating it. My guess is they knew Moto violated it over a year ago but just didn't pull the trigger. This is done specifically for situations like this. Moto fired first when Apple stole there patient so Apple is just countering so Moto will realize it isn't worth it. This is purely a strategic move to stall and fizzle both law suits and both will settle or drop the suits. Business as usual people. Now, if you want to flame an organization for a patient, the patient board is who you need to go after. Don't blame Apple for being able to sell the patient board into their application.
    That whole reply was intelligent except for the fact that you wrote "patient" instead of "patent"

No iPhones does not have any motorola chips. Motorola is not the special chip manufacturer who once used to dominate the market. Other companies like samsung infineon intel broadcom etc are now into the cellphones. Motorola would never had a good CPU if it wasn't for IBM. So drop this candy that Motorola builds everything. You need to start opening - repairing more cellphones.

apple smart....when some one drops the bomb on them!! they catch it and throw it back!!! but it wasnt more of a bomb but more like fireworks.

Geez I never thought irony was in the legal world this proves me wrong.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by athleticswimmer View Post
    apple smart....when some one drops the bomb on them!! they catch it and throw it back!!! but it wasnt more of a bomb but more like fireworks.
    haha pretty much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12