Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fast 128GB and 256GB Upgrades for MacBook Air

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    Sorry If this is dumb but would this work with a hackintosh with USB 3 as a really really big flash drive?
    Yep.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

coolguy742 (10-28-2010), Rob2G (10-28-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

That's really nice, now I need to seriously consider a macbook air, these things can effectively double it's storage capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    Hmm, seems to me that anybody buying a MacBook Air would be simply blowing money for bragging rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I suppose we all have our opinions, but I find the base models to be quite reasonably priced. Hell, even the upper models are comparable to a mid-range MBP where you are paying for weight reduction. To each his own, but the weight I get to drop off my back/shoulder carrying these things around is a plus.
    Oh, yes the weight!

Been carrying around a 5.4lb 2007 15" MBP and I would love to trade up to a 2.3lb MBA!
    Turns our I didn't really need that separate GPU that I thought I was going to use so much.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    Oh, yes the weight!

Been carrying around a 5.4lb 2007 15" MBP and I would love to trade up to a 2.3lb MBA!
    Turns our I didn't really need that separate GPU that I thought I was going to use so much.
    This is one thing people don't seem to understand. The funny thing is that when we are talking about OUNCES in cell phones, people freak out. When we are talking about POUNDS in a computer, people shrug it off like it's no big deal. I agree if this thing is going to rarely leave your desk it is not worth the premium to shave off those pounds. That said it really wasn't built as a desktop replacement, although it would seem that it pretty much can be considered one (mid to top end models).
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

If I get a mba it will be my main computer. If I need a bigger screen, I'll just plug it up to my tv.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxhorseriderxxx View Post
    you guys are crazy, I could never live without a combined processor clock of 6Ghz ... I have no idea how people can stand to use their stuff with a mere 3.6 (1.8X2)...
    The fastest i7 Mobile processor is about 2.8Ghz with a turbo boost up to 3.06Ghz. What are you using?

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

i have a feeling this upgrade wont be cheap
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12