+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No White iPhone Until Spring: Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by mj0528 Yea, i sold a cracked 3g not too long ago for 200 on Craigslist to a guy that lived down the street from me. Too easy
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    Yea, i sold a cracked 3g not too long ago for 200 on Craigslist to a guy that lived down the street from me. Too easy and convenient!
    Craigslist and eBay are the best!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple will kill 2 birds with one stone and delay the white iPhone 4 until summer of next year. That way they'll have plenty of time to correct whatever manufacturing problems these morons didn't see before with all their engineering geniuses and at the same time release it in conjunction with the black version with the minor upgrades like Apple did with the 3GS.

Come on people....by the spring time there will probably already be rumors and spy shots of the next gen iPhone. If Apple waits until Spring to release it they won't make any significant sales because people will just wait for the new iPhone release a few months down the road since Spring doesn't officially start until March 20, 2011.

Not to mention the first day of Summer 2011 is 6/21/2011. Which means Spring goes until 6/20/2011. So technically Apple could release the white iPhone in conjunction with the next gen iPhone in early or mid June (if it is released in June) and it would still have honored it's "Spring" release promise.

Those of you waiting for the white iPhone......enjoy your wait. You'll be waiting for quite a while.
    Last edited by RICO_; 10-27-2010 at 03:49 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I stand corrected... I have no need to monitor the prices, as I have no need to buy another one. I was going off what I have seen, I only "watch" auctions that I intend to win.

Why would anyone pay that much for them, when they can get a new one for less from AT&T? Is the market for using them on other carriers really that big?

Maybe I should JB my 3G and sell it for cash towards a MBP. I don't really NEED a dedicated iPod for the car, but a MBP for $300 less would be pretty sweet, lol.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

looks cr@p anyway.

why they decided to go with a white front is beyond me. i loved my white-backed 3G, wish the 4 was white-backed only too. the look of the black 4 seriously cr@ps all over the white 4.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

What would be really funny is if Apple came out with just the WHITE iPHONE and no black ones for the next model... then the people that waiting for the white one could really laugh at the ones that would want a black one!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lol i feel a lot better for paying like 150 for white iphone parts. at least ill have a white iphone before most people for a while.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Apple's excuse to be lazy, they are just going keep the old design and slap on white along with minor improvement and call it the iPhone 5 just like 3G/3GS. They got away with it once, why not give it another try?
    Not sure what your talking about with lazy. Nor the 3G and 3GS. This change was significant in speed and performance.

Thanks

The white iPhone 4 is ugly.
    Internet killed the video star.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This thing isn't coming out until iPhone 5.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    What would be really funny is if Apple came out with just the WHITE iPHONE and no black ones for the next model... then the people that waiting for the white one could really laugh at the ones that would want a black one!
    Apple could release a half brown half purple iPhone 5 that smelled like an 87 year old man had the runs on it and it would still sell like hotcakes and be proclaimed as the sexiest thing in the universe just because it's Apple.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Apple could release a half brown half purple iPhone 5 that smelled like an 87 year old man had the runs on it and it would still sell like hotcakes and be proclaimed as the sexiest thing in the universe just because it's Apple.
    LOL!

But seriously, the iPhone 4 IS the best looking phone to date.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

What's Jailbreak? luigimaster24's Avatar
    Thanks

It is all just marketing strategies in order to boost iphone 4 sales and keep the cash cow rolling. Honestly, Apple knows they can do almost whatever they want with their customers(us) and we will just take it. As BIG as Apple is , don't you think they would have had the efficiency needless to say the ability to produce the iphone 4 and make the product available to the public just in time? of course. But like I said , it is all just one big master plan. But hey I'll be one of the one buying the phone when it comes out, so who am I to say!!!

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Well the iPhone 5 will be here in June/July hopefully a White model and it will have 4g

I'm waiting so I can still upgrade for free only 7-8 months away, I'd rather wait that then buy iphone4 and wait another dang 2 years before I can upgrade again thanks alot AT&T

on the upside I was grandfathered into the unlimited data plan woohoo stick it to them

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Upgrade in size! I was disappointed when, for whatever reason, the storage capacity was still limited at 32gb. I would be ecstatic if they released a 128gb model (pipe dream!), but 64 would certainly be acceptable. As much talk as there is about streaming from the cloud and everything, there are still a ton of places in this country that are only on Edge network and that basically prevents streaming entirely; not to mention highly congested areas like NYC that inhibit fast connections despite having 4 or 5 bars.

They also could include 4G capabilities in the phone, although I think a lot of that would rely on how quickly the carriers, primarily AT&T, can get there new networks up and running. This would be a great improvement, primarily for those of us who still have their unlimited data plans. For people who aren't hardcore bandwidth users (torrents, netflix, appletv, etc.), it could legitimately replace their home internet connection. Granted however, that capability would most likely be a pleasant byproduct that would probably be made possible by the JB community rather than being natively accomplishable.

Other than that, I don't see many features that Apple could add that would be realistic or practical enough for the average user. I would expect most of the improvements to come in the from of hardware/component increases (faster, lighter, and stronger), especially with there recent acquisition of LiquidMetal.
    I do suppose storage space would be nice, but I wouldn't shell out more cash and lengthen a contract just for that. I don;t think I would want the 4G either. They will probably add another $10 to the data plan and not let you out of it even if there is no 4G in your area. I paid seven months of 3G coverage back when I got my iPhone 3G before an area even remotely close to me got 3g. I paid 1.5 years of data before I got 3G in my town. Let's assume I used 3G for three of those months (I didn't). That is still a minimum of $120 just pissed away. I imagine things would be even worse with the 4G data getting around the US, not to mention the fact that there are still droves of people who don't even have 3G coverage yet!

These companies will tell you they cannot remove high speed data plans because you are not restricted where you go. My response to that is that I would be happy signing a contract where if I used 4G data it would automatically add that $10 to my monthly bill, while in months that this data is not used the fee is simply omitted. It is an easy fix really, but something they don;t do because they can squeeze the extra $10 out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Not sure what your talking about with lazy. Nor the 3G and 3GS. This change was significant in speed and performance.
    Noticeable, yes. Significant? Eh... depends on how you define significant. While the two phones were relevant (when both the 3G and 3Gs were being sold simultaneously), there was really nothing the 3Gs could do that the 3G could not. There are a handful of features that were later added to the 3Gs by Apple in the form of iOS updates that were omitted from the 3G due to performance claims, but the modding community even got those working 99% up to par.

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post

iPhone
    ... one of the best camera-phones of it's time, most on-board storage of any phone.
    At the time of the iphone we had phones that were taking stills (not recording) as well as the iPhone 4 is now. The iphone has never been "one of the best" at anything picture/video unless you are comparing it to strictly older tech.

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post

on the upside I was grandfathered into the unlimited data plan woohoo stick it to them
    Unless they add the 4G data thus requiring you to upgrade your data plan and throw your grandfathered stats out the window (and we all know this isn't beyond them).

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
    That price will drop dramatically once the i5 is announced.
    That's why you sell it 2+ weeks before the next model is announced. Been doing that with every model since the first one and always come out on top (end up making money even after buying a new phone for $500 on early upgrade prices). Sure you have to deal with a month of no iPhone (and it is a very painful month LOL), but it's worth it IMO. I just pop the sim into an old blackberry. Still gets me by in a pinch, but the user experience of course is inferior.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 10-28-2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

People can't get mad at apple for manufacturing issues, when no other company can make a phone that is strong opponent.
    And the white i4 is girly!

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123