Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nintendo’s Biggest Threat is Apple, Not Microsoft

Thanks

While Apple may be a threat to Nintendo, iDevices aren't made for gaming machines. And Apple isn't going to convince me to not buy the 3DS.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Give me Super Mario Brothers on my iPhone or iPad and I will be happy! However that is all I need Nintendo for now....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragonAn View Post
    EVERY BODY IN THERE MOTHER HAS A NINTENDO Wii. NINTENDO WAS MAKING A BIG DENT ON THE PS3 SALES AND NOW SONY IS NOW MAKING SOME MONEY WITH THERE PS3SYSTEM, AND ABOUT THE HAND HELD DEVICES THE iPHONE IS THE iPHONE IF I REALLY WANT TO PLAY SOME REAL GAME I PICK UP MY PSP-GO AND MY WIFE HAS HER DS. I DON'T SEE WHY THIS IS A BIG DEAL. WHAT NINDENDO NEED TO DO IS MAKE A NEW WITH BUILD IN HDD SOMETHING LIKE A 16GB DS THAT ALSO USE THE OLD GAMES THAT IS HOT AND MAKE ALL THERE GAME downloadable ALSO GIVE PEOPLE A CHOICE IF THEY WANT TO HAVE DIGITAL FILES GAMES OR CARTRIDGES NOW THAT IS GIVING PEOPLE A CHOICE THIS IS WHERE PSP-GO IS FAILING ONLY DIGITAL GAME BUT NOT ALL GAMES ARE DIGITAL AND I HAD A LOT OF REGULAR PSP GAME ON UMD AND I HAD TO SALE THEN ALL. IF NINTENDO GET THIS RIGHT THEY BE ON TOP.
    Hey there! No need to yell here.... take it easy with the caps as people see them as yelling please!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-27-2010 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    Oh my gosh aka OMG(cause spelling and grammar is that important to some peeplo laugh out loud)
    people for sakes your on a forum over the internet, do you really expect college level grammar and spelling? Or even high school.
    U kno evabody typ3z lyk dis n0w a d4ys.
    So f@$% gammar(: haha
    Actually, I DO expect it out of someone who is writing an article.

I don't often correct mistakes made in threads or comments. However, I do think that a "news story" writer should show somewhat more of a commitment to accuracy than RnDmP0573RGuY. If a "writer" can not set aside time for correcting their language fumbles, then how can I trust that they took the time to check facts?

I can't, and neither can anyone in the real world. 1337 5|>34|< has no place in it, and really did not help your argument at all.

FYI: this is not the only article here with this problem.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
    Actually, I DO expect it out of someone who is writing an article.

I don't often correct mistakes made in threads or comments. However, I do think that a "news story" writer should show somewhat more of a commitment to accuracy than RnDmP0573RGuY. If a "writer" can not set aside time for correcting their language fumbles, then how can I trust that they took the time to check facts?

I can't, and neither can anyone in the real world. 1337 5|>34|< has no place in it, and really did not help your argument at all.

FYI: this is not the only article here with this problem.
    Let's first focus on increasing the percentage of fact-based/credible articles on this site before we look to the writers to correct their grammar

(I'm not referring to this article in particular)

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Let's first focus on increasing the percentage of fact-based/credible articles on this site before we look to the writers to correct their grammar

(I'm not referring to this article in particular)
    Touché!
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

for the people who are randomly proclaiming Apple the victor here, lets keep in mind more nintendo DS's have been sold then PSP's and ipod touches combined, or then ipod touch and iphones combined by tens of millions. Yes, its been out longer, however contrary to what steve jobs said about apple being the reigning champion, its only outsold nintendo over 2 years, and at this point everyone who wants a DS basically has one. Hell, there are more wii's out there then there are 360's and PS3's combined. I may not like the casual approach nintendo has taken, but financially its working out far better then anything else is for their competitors.

Would I like nintendo to have a better download service for the upcoming 3ds? Maybe, but I don't want 1-5$ apps, Ive got all that on my phone, I'd prefer they take the virtual console approach and put out their old classics, yes, I nostalgia hard.

And for those who question why anyone over 15 would have a portable gaming device, Im 27 I run a multi million dollar medical manufacturer and I have no problem letting people see me gaming. I just don't get embarrassed like that, meh. lol.

for gaming:
    DS + flashcard > ipod/iphone

i would never carry around cartridges. but with a flash card you can have your entire DS library on a single card.

mp3/video player on the DS is still kinda meh. web browser is pretty dismal. i don't have a DSi so i haven't been able to see if it's any better on there.

if Nintendo gave the DS virtual console, they could seriously compete with the app store. cartridges on a portable platform are obsolete.

Green Apple
    Thanks

after growing up in the 90s, Nintendo is no longer the company I knew and loved.

ps... PerfectDark Forever
    Spam deleted

I forgot about my ds a long time ago and dont think Ill be going back....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234