+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nintendo’s Biggest Threat is Apple, Not Microsoft

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So, exactly how is Microsoft dragged into this? With their chess game on the Zune? Unless of course you are insinuating that kids are dragging an Xbox and a T.V.
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

So, exactly how is Microsoft dragged into this? With their chess game on the Zune? Unless of course you are insinuating that kids are dragging an Xbox and a T.V. with them to the park. Not that kids go outside anymore now a days...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

coolguy742 (10-27-2010)

Thanks

"resent"

I think the word you meant to use was recent.
    Hmm...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Microsoft is winning the console wars with the older market, and now apple is winnin in my opinion with the portable wars with the iPhone/ipodtouch/ and even the iPad. I wouldn't say that apple is more of a threat to nintendo, than Microsoft, , they are both equally a huge threat, as long as nintendo keeps marketing to little kids and old people-.-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    Who cares about grammar.

Anyways I love nintendo BUT nintendo is not as small and sell cheap games like my iPhone 4.
    I own a nintendo 64 and I love it! I play Mario 64 every other day but try to take my iPhone and I'll punch you in the throat
    iPhone just offers more then what nintendo does.
    And who said iPod touch aren't for kids? Have you seen the report yahoo made about keeping your iPod/iphones away from kids? Yea these idevice are targeting everyone and everything.
    Clearly you don't, and that's the problem. Piss poor writing. I don't expect perfect punctuation from anyone. Substituting one word for another, or spelling it incorrectly shouldn't happen in an article. Where is the hurry in posting? All this does is reinforce bad habits in others. Even I've started to pick up the habit of sticking apostrophes in words where they don't belong because it's such a widespread mistake on most forums.

Things like this draw the focus away from your message and place it on the mechanics. I didn't read through the first paragraph. If you can't spell and use grammar properly then how can I expect you to get any of the facts correct in your article? Why should I bother to continue to read what you wrote? These are things my journalism instructor would've asked me. Typos in headlines? 50 point deduction. Ouch. Have someone else read your work if you can't find the mistakes yourself. I think article writers should be held to a higher standard than the typical moron l337 poster.
    Last edited by exNavy; 10-27-2010 at 05:35 AM.
    Hmm...

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple+nintendo=$$$$$$

Green Apple
    Thanks

How can anyone over the age of 15 play a portable gaming console in public? My iPhone 4 is my phone so I have an excuse and I have it on me at all time. Anyway I am currently hooked to MC2 online and no PSP or DS game can beat that. Graphics are on par with PSP and controls are better than the DS for a FPS. And the online is better than even the Wii lol. I just hope there was voice chat so you could tell the damn n00bs not to go apesh*t on grenades.
    For **** sakes you mods are amateurs! Why are you trashing my scene!!! Seriously you and me we're done professionally.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley John Wright View Post
    Spell check: Check
    Proofread: Check
    Proofread the Title: Opps

Thanks, fixed it.
    You might wanna do that again actually..

Also, I don't game on my iPhone. Bugger that. It'll never overtake Nintendo for me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrMuffin24 View Post
    *recent

*stripped

*with Apple's well established App Store

*played

*scheduled

Got Grammar?
    Welcome to iUniversity for English grammar, ha ha.

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley John Wright View Post

Of course, it isn’t “game over” for Nintendo quite yet. The ace up their sleeve will always be master game designer Shigeru Miyamoto and Mario. Apple does not yet have a video game mascot to help sell their brand and likely never will. Of course Apple is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world, but I don’t think you’ll ever see the Apple logo featured in a platform game, at least not officially.

Source: All Things Digital
    Apple is pretty recognizable, but Mario, to me, is a much more recognizable symbol than a silver Apple logo.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Nintendo needs to do a much better downloadable game service on the 3DS. The more €3-€5 downloadable games the better. The price of retail games needs to be slashed considerably too. Plants V Zombies is coming to the DS, but it's not going to be 99c or even €5. If its a retail game it will more likely be €30+ which just cant be justified.
    The iDevices will never be able to match the quality of a physical button controlled game, that's why all the best selling iDevice games are games like Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Plants V Zombies.....simply controlled games that are essentially point and click (or point and tab)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well I guess I don't need to respond to the atrocious grammar displayed in this article. I do wish that they made a base for iphone and ipod that actually had d-pad and buttons for gaming. The virtual d-pads just don't work for me.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Microsoft isn't even in the handheld market so why are they being compared? Also iPhone games are fun but until they offer classics lime Mario and Pokemon it really won't be a success in my eyes.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You know... MS Word has "grammar check" built in, right along side the "spell check."

Seriously, the quality of your writing will affect the quality of the article. Simple mistakes, that everyone can see, only prove that these are pushed out faster than they should be. The "blogosphere" is killing writing, because nobody cares enough to do any real fact-checking. They also have horrendous language skills.

There's no better way to look like you know what you're talking about than proper grammar and spelling. At least then people will focus on the facts, and not dedicate over fifty percent of the responses to the obvious mistakes within the article.

Who cares about grammar?
    Anyone who graduated High-School, and has a professional job. Try taking that attitude to a publisher, or the Times. You won't get far.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

The Wii has slain all consoles on the market, but their handheld devices are seriously lacking.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneAndrew View Post
    Nintendo will always be strong, their products are kid-proof, My old gameboy advance and DS took a beating with drops, and scratchs. And who carries all their cartridges around? Not me, I only worked with 2 games at a time on the go. And their market is strong, iPod touches ain't marketed to children (pre-teen) while the DS is.
    You're kidding right? My daughter turns 6 in February. She's been using my iPhone for the last 2+ years and when I upgraded from the 3G to the iPhone 4 I gave her my 3G. She uses the hell out of that thing. (obviously she uses it as an iPod)

Thanks

*recent

*stripped

*played

*scheduled

Got Grammar?
    ok buddy relax. how's about you rewrite the whole article?

"but I don’t think you’ll ever see the Apple logo featured in a platform game, at least not officially."

^^ i hope that statement wasnt serious, after what apple has done.
    they would be stupid not to get into games. Pfft never see an apple logo on a game.. are you kidding me?

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This was a good read and enjoyed you guy's comments. I honestly don't think Apple needs a mascot to sell hardware or games. The name Apple does it alone, BUT Apple has a giant contributor that no one has mentioned

GAMELOFT!!!!!!!

GameLoft has set the bar time after time with their iOS games. I need to buy their stock because they are on their way to being a powerhouse in gaming, period. Their games get better and better with each release. Heck, they have even pushed EA into making Madden better on iOS. Modern Combat almost looks like Call of Duty. They will continue making better games as idevices' hardware gets more powerful.

I honestly wonder how much GameLoft grosses each year? iOS gaming would be nothing without GameLoft because they push the platform with a huge variety of A quality, platform pushing games.

Well, I just answered my own question. They grossed about $170 million in 2009. Not bad for a software company that small. Their stock is only $6. Hmmmm
    Last edited by saunupe1911; 10-27-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    Who cares about grammar.

Anyways I love nintendo BUT nintendo is not as small and sell cheap games like my iPhone 4.
    I own a nintendo 64 and I love it! I play Mario 64 every other day but try to take my iPhone and I'll punch you in the throat
    iPhone just offers more then what nintendo does.
    And who said iPod touch aren't for kids? Have you seen the report yahoo made about keeping your iPod/iphones away from kids? Yea these idevice are targeting everyone and everything.
    Agreed! As long as the point being thrown gets caught, then it's misson accomplished.

My gaming days go back to the NES (and some Atari too) and I would still play it to this day. I own an iPhone, iPod Touch, Nintendo gameboy color, a PSP, a PS2 and Xbox 360 and I love playing games on them all. My mood determines what game I want to play on what console. Yes, Apple has tons of game apps in the App store but that doesn't mean "ALL" previous platform gamers will jump sail. I haven't and I won't.
    Last edited by deshawn1680; 10-27-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Though we all look different on the outside, we all bleed the same on the inside

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    The Wii has slain all consoles on the market, but their handheld devices are seriously lacking.
    Umm the DS has sold nearly twice as more than the Wii.....how is it lacking?
    If your talking about lacking in features then you cant say the Wii has slain all consoles. And in regards the amount of Wii's sold I wouldn't say it has slain all other consoles, all the other consoles are doing fine and gaining numbers each month, whereas the Wii is seeing it's sales decline.

Thanks

*recent

*stripped

*played

*scheduled

Got Grammar?

Wow, didn't know there was a grade 7 English teacher on the board.

Amusingly enough, my grade 7 English teacher was named Mrs. Mutton. (no joke)

Did you start with a bunch of red marks on the screen?

LOL!
    Last edited by wirehedd; 10-27-2010 at 08:35 AM. Reason: forgot a line