+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Survey FAIL: 91% - Not 68% - of iPad Users Download Apps

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by AUZambo Can someone explain how you can have 62% of purchased apps being games, 54% being books, and 50% being music apps? Correct me if I'm wrong...but
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Can someone explain how you can have 62% of purchased apps being games, 54% being books, and 50% being music apps? Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't 62+54+50>100%
    Same of them purchased games and book, or games and music or three of the apps.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Can someone explain how you can have 62% of purchased apps being games, 54% being books, and 50% being music apps? Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't 62+54+50>100%
    He terribly misstated that part of the article. What was meant was that games have been purchased by 62% of iPad owners, books by 54%, and music by 50% of all iPad owners.

Thanks

Maybe people at Nielsen can't add.

They need to do a study on app purchases in general and try to get an idea of how many people bought an app for a bick or two, turns out the app was total crap and never used said app again, instead trying yet another app that also mY have been crap.

One of the biggest problems with the app store so much of it is crap, but at $0.99 or $1.99 they become disposable until another sucker comes along. The star rating helps, but not much.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madczech View Post
    hardly believe that it's 91%....
    I know so so many elderly people who own a iDevice and seriously don't know how to use it... not metioning downloading apps...
    Thats my mom, makes me made, i always tell her that you should have to take a course or a test to have an apple product.

And i hardly believe that anyone who spent 500+ on an ipad has already let it collect dust. Ask anyone who has one, theyll tell you that there awesome
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    He terribly misstated that part of the article. What was meant was that games have been purchased by 62% of iPad owners, books by 54%, and music by 50% of all iPad owners.
    Oh...that makes more sense.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

"Thurrott hilariously suggested that "there could literally be millions of first-generation iPads gathering dust in people's home offices already."

boy is this guy out of touch, the surprise market (even caught Apple off guard) for iPads has been business instead of consumers. The iPad is a perfect business tool. If they are going to do counting depending on number of apps downloaded/updated is not a good method, most enterprise iPads will have central distribution.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Thanks

IPad = Big itouch.
    I was hoping for the iPad to be fully functioning comp, yet apple didn't do this cause it would negatively affect (or effect) their MacBook sales...

Thanks

$600 Apple COMPUTER? Dream on. That's not its niche. The new Air seems to be that niche. The iPad is a bigger Touch to do non-crunching things on. You can show stuff, you can add stuff, you can type (some) stuff, you can play stuff, you can email stuff. You are not gonna run Adobe on it and render anything, you're not gonna play high CPU games on it, it's not a MacBook Pro for $600. Anymore than your cheapo Ford Focus is going to be a Porsche. It's great for what it does, but adding a keyboard and a bunch of peripherals is (to my mind) silly. Buy a MacBook/Pro for double the money and you'll get 5 times the machine.

Oh, and this senior has no trouble finding the on button or jailbreaking it or adding apps to it. Let's stop with the old folks bashing, you young whipper-snappers. You kids don't have all the fun, I turned 18 in 1965, when we INVENTED fun you children can only dream of!
    Senior

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12