Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lockscreen Bug May Lead to iOS 4.1.1

This is why u install AndroidLock XT on your phone. When ur phone locks, u have to put in your certain pattern to unlock the phone. You dont even get the "emergency call" feature without unlocking the AndroidLock. (as long as you have MAX ATTEMPTS disabled, you will not get the Emergency Call screen)

So why not just use it and save urself some hassel.
    No signature spam or links

I cant get my 3gs to do this

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThomson View Post
    I cant get my 3gs to do this
    Your timing hitting the call button and the lock button has to be perfect. I had to try it a few times before i finally got it to work.

But the androidlock fixed that problem hehe
    No signature spam or links

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to l0k0 For This Useful Post:

dsg (10-27-2010), sziklassy (10-27-2010)

yeah I got it to work, you have to hit the lock button quick after tapping the call button to get it to work

"We’re aware of this issue and we will deliver a fix to customers as part of the iOS 4.2 software update in November."

No iOS 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    Your timing hitting the call button and the lock button has to be perfect. I had to try it a few times before i finally got it to work.

i tried probably 60 times.. it just wont do it if i type *** in it looks like its about to work but it doesnt... oh well i dont lock my phone anyways

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

thats cool, might do this to my friend to mess with him like the post said
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Didn't work, tried it. Several times several combinations. All it would do is say emergency calls only. Bunch of crotch.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThomson View Post
    i tried probably 60 times.. it just wont do it if i type *** in it looks like its about to work but it doesnt... oh well i dont lock my phone anyways

Because it's not *** you have to type; it's ###. His video is revervsed for some reason.

Gonna do this to my mates phone, who works for the Apple store. I bet he says something like "oh I already knew about that - we have already fixed it..." haha

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    It's a security hole, I don't think it should of been 'released' by the person who found it. Now every major iPhone blog, website, forum etc has wrote about this. And at that, it's described (in detail) on how to preform the bug. This just makes it easier for anyone who has found/stole an iPhone to abuse it. Just my thoughts on it...
    On that same token we shouldn't release any news that could possibly in any way harm someone somewhere in the world. If we don't talk about bugs, they don;t get fixed. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post

Didn't even know about this. Loving it! Thanks!
    Last edited by sziklassy; 10-27-2010 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by madczech View Post
    This reminds me of the good old jailbreakme.com times and I don't mean the on from 4.0
    LMAO I remember those days, entering in a code to access safari from the lock screen. Ahh the beginning was fun and not so crowded with little 10 year olds asking questions about jailbreaking. That was when It was mainly adults who owned $600 phones...now everyone has a damn iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    Because it's not *** you have to type; it's ###. His video is revervsed for some reason.

Gonna do this to my mates phone, who works for the Apple store. I bet he says something like "oh I already knew about that - we have already fixed it..." haha
    You dont have to use "###" or "***" you can type in any number and as soon as you tap call, lock the phone.

On a more important note: I also have "Multifl0w" installed and I can access ANYTHING that is running in the background by double tapping the home button. I opened setting, set a code, closed settings.app (natively backgrounded) and then locked my phone. swiped to unlock...tap emergency call, dialed a random number "8713#8" tap call, pressed lock button....contacts came up. Double tapped home button, settings.app still running in background, switched over to the setting.app with the ability to remove unlock code, and the mother of all dangers "Erase All Content and Settings" <--to include your nifty "iGotya" app that was just released or MobileMe's "Find my Phone" feature! Your ******!

Hope this helped =)
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12