+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What's In, What's Out for Mac App Store

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by gthugballin cydia on mac omg i second that!!!! what a wicked idea :P
    iPhone? More like MyPhone cookbenj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gthugballin View Post
    cydia on mac omg
    i second that!!!! what a wicked idea :P
    dont you hate it when someones signature looks like someones post?

what a game

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cookbenj View Post
    i second that!!!! what a wicked idea :P
    What would be the purpose?? Please esplain. Also, I thought Cydia's servers were loaded already.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The only point I could think of for Cydia would be to allow a unified selling and licensing system for kexts and apps apple won't approve. Of course, that wouldn't require jailbreaking anymore than Steam does, and Steam is basically an app store and license manager for games.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post
    The only point I could think of for Cydia would be to allow a unified selling and licensing system for kexts and apps apple won't approve. Of course, that wouldn't require jailbreaking anymore than Steam does, and Steam is basically an app store and license manager for games.
    Meh. Still pretty useless. You could just go to a site dedicated to Mac software and find some cool stuff I'm sure. That's essentially what repos are. Hmm, maybe you don't really need a Mac App Store.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uzz View Post
    will it be Jailbreakable? would be kool if it can.
    no, jailbreaking is only needed on the iphone ios devies because the app store is the only legal way to get apps. cydia and installer where needed because the iphone (1st gen) was so restricted at the time that jailbreaking was the only way to get other apps onto the phone. the mac can install any program from the web and is free to restrictions. the most likely option that will happen is that someone will make a app that tricks app store apps that they are paid for (like *******), tere will be no need for a cydia/jailbreak for the mac
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm guessing with the whole Oracle-Google debacle, Apple wants to distance itself from Java to avoid any issues in the future.

It's a shame since I remember Java was listed as one of the main APIs when Mac OS X first came out. Also Minecraft

iPhone? More like MyPhone DisneyRicky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gthugballin View Post
    cydia on mac omg
    lol! Themes! :P
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

Thanks

I guess MAYBE the themes and tweaks would be cool. (Why do I care? I have an XP&hellip But wouldn't you actually need a jailbreak (root access) to reap those benefits?

iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Who else is getting tired of noobs ( i don't mean any offense) talking about jailbreaking macs? There's no point when you can still download things OFF of the app store. This is not the first post people have talked a bout that. Saurik wouldn't even bother creating a "mac cydia"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blueblaze4444 View Post
    Who else is getting tired of noobs ( i don't mean any offense) talking about jailbreaking macs? There's no point when you can still download things OFF of the app store. This is not the first post people have talked a bout that. Saurik wouldn't even bother creating a "mac cydia"
    I know. I'm just saying that to get some of these tweaks people are talking about you would need root access. I know for a fact there would never be a Mac Cydia. I'm trying to get these people that probably don't know what root access is to understand that.

uzz
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I think apple don't care about people jailbreaking any i-devises... it increases its overall sales. Look at the i-tv now that it can be jailbroken people will buy it and i'm sure the sales will increase as you now have extra options which apple never thought of and they will add these in the next update or two. My thoughts are apple made ios to be jailbroken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uzz View Post
    will it be Jailbreakable? would be kool if it can.
    What's the point? Apple doesn't force developers to sign the code in order to be runnable on Mac.

It might be a good alternative to obtain apps especially if it includes the option to buy them with iTunes/Apple account.

Off topic: Apple praised Valve for being on-top developer before the announcement of Mac App Store.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad apps don't need to be signed off. And as far as the restrictions for apps, I don't think it matters because you'll be able to download the apps you want just not from the app store.
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12