+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: "The Future of Notebooks:" New MacBook Air

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
For about $300 you can get a Dell 10v with 2 gigs of memory and a half terabyte hard drive, and install OSX on it. Anyone who thinks these Apple
...
  1. #41
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 27 Times in 15 Posts

    For about $300 you can get a Dell 10v with 2 gigs of memory and a half terabyte hard drive, and install OSX on it. Anyone who thinks these Apple offerings are worth it are smokin' crack.

  2. #42
    Developing Developer moon#pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,215
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked 372 Times in 307 Posts

    don't bash the computer until you look at the specs, people. You obviously don't understand why this computer will own a netbook any day! So shut up until you know what you guys are talking about. Then we can have an intellectual conversation.


    Twitter: @tshoults

  3. #43
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    nice but apple needs to step away from the core 2 duo. its outdated especially when the new processors are coming out beginning of jan. when apple updates a 13" with an updated processor then i will get one until then im holding off.

  4. #44
    Developing Developer moon#pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,215
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked 372 Times in 307 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by anekin007 View Post
    nice but apple needs to step away from the core 2 duo. its outdated especially when the new processors are coming out beginning of jan. when apple updates a 13" with an updated processor then i will get one until then im holding off.
    I can agree with this, but the reason for this is because if they updated to the core series, they would have to use intel's sucky HD graphics. If the use core 2 due's, then they can use an nVidia integrated graphics card. much better performance.


    Twitter: @tshoults

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

    Poseidon79 (10-21-2010)

  6. #45
    iPhoneaholic zoso10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    470
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts

    Is the thickness any different from the previous version I can't remember? They really seemed to emphasize it during the keynote.

  7. #46
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    I can agree with this, but the reason for this is because if they updated to the core series, they would have to use intel's sucky HD graphics. If the use core 2 due's, then they can use an nVidia integrated graphics card. much better performance.
    Exactly. In detail discussion about why they stuck with core 2 duo and why they stepped down to 1.4 Ghz on the 11"...


    Why Apple saddled the MacBook Air with "gimped" CPUs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #47
    Go Wings Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,375
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 463 Times in 375 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    I can agree with this, but the reason for this is because if they updated to the core series, they would have to use intel's sucky HD graphics. If the use core 2 due's, then they can use an nVidia integrated graphics card. much better performance.
    Whoa you really know what you're talking about.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

    moon#pie (10-22-2010)

  10. #48
    Developing Developer moon#pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,215
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked 372 Times in 307 Posts

    And also, i believe that iphoto uses GPU acceleration to help it run faster. meaning that even if it had an ULV i7, the core 2 due with a 320m would probably run better, and longer not to mention.


    Twitter: @tshoults

  11. #49
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Macbook air=netbook
    When Jobs announced the ipad back in january, didnt he come out and say there was no market for netbooks and that ipad was all you would ever need? 11.6" is the same size as some of the larger netbooks. how come he likes to come out and knock other manufacturers and turn around and release a product that is the "same"? Don't get me wrong, I love what apple is doing and I love their products, I just wish he wouldn't be such a douche about it all the time. And where the hell is flash support for the ipad?!

  12. #50
    Developing Developer moon#pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,215
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked 372 Times in 307 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mmracing1981 View Post
    When Jobs announced the ipad back in january, didnt he come out and say there was no market for netbooks and that ipad was all you would ever need? 11.6" is the same size as some of the larger netbooks. how come he likes to come out and knock other manufacturers and turn around and release a product that is the "same"? Don't get me wrong, I love what apple is doing and I love their products, I just wish he wouldn't be such a douche about it all the time. And where the hell is flash support for the ipad?!
    One, flash sucks on mobile. use it and you'll realize.

    Two, the 11.6in MBA is NOT a netbook. What processors do netbooks use? single core intel atoms, their graphics are non-exsitent, and their better pretty much sucks.


    Twitter: @tshoults

  13. #51
    Go Wings Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,375
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 463 Times in 375 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    One, flash sucks on mobile. use it and you'll realize.
    +1 Today I zipped up Frash so I could only turn it on with iFile when I really needed it. I hate how it takes over the YouTube plugin when it can't even function fast enough to render ANY Flash content with buttons.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts