+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "The Future of Notebooks:" New MacBook Air

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
For about $300 you can get a Dell 10v with 2 gigs of memory and a half terabyte hard drive, and install OSX on it. Anyone who thinks these Apple
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

For about $300 you can get a Dell 10v with 2 gigs of memory and a half terabyte hard drive, and install OSX on it. Anyone who thinks these Apple offerings are worth it are smokin' crack.

Thanks

don't bash the computer until you look at the specs, people. You obviously don't understand why this computer will own a netbook any day! So shut up until you know what you guys are talking about. Then we can have an intellectual conversation.

Twitter: @tshoults

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

nice but apple needs to step away from the core 2 duo. its outdated especially when the new processors are coming out beginning of jan. when apple updates a 13" with an updated processor then i will get one until then im holding off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anekin007 View Post
    nice but apple needs to step away from the core 2 duo. its outdated especially when the new processors are coming out beginning of jan. when apple updates a 13" with an updated processor then i will get one until then im holding off.
    I can agree with this, but the reason for this is because if they updated to the core series, they would have to use intel's sucky HD graphics. If the use core 2 due's, then they can use an nVidia integrated graphics card. much better performance.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (10-21-2010)

Thanks

Is the thickness any different from the previous version I can't remember? They really seemed to emphasize it during the keynote.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    I can agree with this, but the reason for this is because if they updated to the core series, they would have to use intel's sucky HD graphics. If the use core 2 due's, then they can use an nVidia integrated graphics card. much better performance.
    Exactly. In detail discussion about why they stuck with core 2 duo and why they stepped down to 1.4 Ghz on the 11"...

Why Apple saddled the MacBook Air with "gimped" CPUs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Whoa you really know what you're talking about.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (10-22-2010)

Thanks

And also, i believe that iphoto uses GPU acceleration to help it run faster. meaning that even if it had an ULV i7, the core 2 due with a 320m would probably run better, and longer not to mention.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Macbook air=netbook
    When Jobs announced the ipad back in january, didnt he come out and say there was no market for netbooks and that ipad was all you would ever need? 11.6" is the same size as some of the larger netbooks. how come he likes to come out and knock other manufacturers and turn around and release a product that is the "same"? Don't get me wrong, I love what apple is doing and I love their products, I just wish he wouldn't be such a douche about it all the time. And where the hell is flash support for the ipad?!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmracing1981 View Post
    When Jobs announced the ipad back in january, didnt he come out and say there was no market for netbooks and that ipad was all you would ever need? 11.6" is the same size as some of the larger netbooks. how come he likes to come out and knock other manufacturers and turn around and release a product that is the "same"? Don't get me wrong, I love what apple is doing and I love their products, I just wish he wouldn't be such a douche about it all the time. And where the hell is flash support for the ipad?!
    One, flash sucks on mobile. use it and you'll realize.

Two, the 11.6in MBA is NOT a netbook. What processors do netbooks use? single core intel atoms, their graphics are non-exsitent, and their better pretty much sucks.

Thanks

One, flash sucks on mobile. use it and you'll realize.
    +1 Today I zipped up Frash so I could only turn it on with iFile when I really needed it. I hate how it takes over the YouTube plugin when it can't even function fast enough to render ANY Flash content with buttons.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123