+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "The Future of Notebooks:" New MacBook Air

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by bignighttrain Jailbreak your MacBook Air sounds good to me but what about DVD drive I read some ware that a new MacBook Air cd/DVD was coming out
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bignighttrain View Post
    Jailbreak your MacBook Air sounds good to me but what about DVD drive I read some ware that a new MacBook Air cd/DVD was coming out and can I use all my other apps like on the iPad. Besides that can't wait to get my hands on the 128GB MBA and everyone thought it was going to be a smaller iPad WRONG.
    There's a MacBook air optical drive you can purchase. I thought I saw it on the apple store. There not making a smaller iPad. Jobs already laughed at blackberry and the other non-competition for making one. New MacBook air blows away the iPad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have a personal hate for macs but if this one can run windows under bootcamp well i may have to get one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bignighttrain View Post
    Jailbreak your MacBook Air sounds good to me but what about DVD drive I read some ware that a new MacBook Air cd/DVD was coming out and can I use all my other apps like on the iPad. Besides that can't wait to get my hands on the 128GB MBA and everyone thought it was going to be a smaller iPad WRONG.
    lol wtf are you trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by wrcsti View Post
    I have a personal hate for macs but if this one can run windows under bootcamp well i may have to get one.
    all intel macs can run windows.
    Last edited by moon#pie; 10-20-2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Twitter: @tshoults

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

The future of notebooks do not cost over a thousand dollars. Although it is very sexy, Apple still isn't reaching out to their largest possible audience with their ludicrous pricing.

Thanks

I thought Steve said he would never make a net book. SMH

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's too expensive.. For that price u can get really powerful windows laptop..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flintoff View Post
    That's too expensive.. For that price u can get really powerful windows laptop..
    that weighs 6+ lbs.... the point is portability, not to be a super computer.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamic View Post
    I thought Steve said he would never make a net book. SMH
    Apple is evolving the pc market if you can't see that then you're blind. The only time I have used the optical cd/DVD drive on my MacBook in the past four years was to reinstall leopard twice. DVDs, CDs, blurays are all a waste of time and waste of plastic. All my drivers all my music all my videos are either streamed, stored in cloud storage or harddrives, or available in other formats. Electronics now a days come with a USB flash drive for an 80 page manual rather than waste paper to print it. The new MacBook air is hardly a netbook. It's a cross between a MacBook laptop and an iPad tablet. Perfect for me as it's time for me to upgrade my laptop and I don't want to buy an iPad even though I want one. We need to get rid of optical and hard drives all together and move towards solid state drives and streaming so that you can have anything you want with a flick if the wrist instead of looking for a cd or DVD in the closet. Makes sense to me. If ya don't like it don't buy it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flintoff View Post
    Then go get a windows laptop. No one said that you have to buy one and I'm sure apple isn't going to have any problems selling them. Same people said the same thing about the iPad now look at the iPad. Hottest toy out there.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Like others have said, the new 11" MBA will be my first Mac also.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jomo25 View Post
    Like others have said, the new 11" MBA will be my first Mac also.
    if you don't need an ulta-portable, better just get the regular macbook. You'll probably be happier with the bigger screen and it's really not too much heavier or bulkier.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sharpjunkie76 View Post
    . The new MacBook air is hardly a netbook. It's a cross between a MacBook laptop and an iPad tablet.
    C'mon man or woman.
    Its 11 inch screen is comparable to a net book.
    It doesn't have a optical drive like a net book.
    Built in memory isn't that great just like a net book.
    Long battery life like newer net book.

Keep fooling yourself, its a net book. I'll be waiting for the second generation iPad myself.
    Last edited by carolinamic; 10-20-2010 at 06:54 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This price point is EXACTLY what was hoping for. I truly thought that I had pie in the sky dreams. Will be getting one this XMAS for sure. Wish they did an 11 inch with a 1.8ghz processor though
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

is this an absolute joke? starting at 1k for 68gb of HD, 1.4 ghz? 2gb of ram? there kidding right?
    If only all closed minds came with closed mouths

Common sense is not that common

JAE
    Thanks

Let's see how easy it breaks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wonder how hot it will get. I'd like to get one, but for $200 more I think I'm going to go with the iMac.

Thanks

Is it me or are most of the peeps in this thread, ether nuts or have to much money? this MacBook air is a rip off, 1K+ for a netbook nuts.

My GF's acer netbook cost 200 it does everything she needs it to do and has 160gb hdd, wifi, 3G, blutooth, 4 USB ports, Ethernet port, sd card reader, VGA out and a mic in, audio out and it tiny less than an inch or just over tall 10inch screen.

Apple really need to sort out here pricing, I know people don't buy a mac for the specs but even then they shouldn't be spending 1K on a neetbook.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Still too expensive and no backlit keyboard. I guess I'm waiting for iPad 2.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it just me or are Apple kind of saying that the iPad is ****, but release an 11 inch Macbook Air otherwise known as an Apple NETBOOK! a clunky, old, outdated NETBOOK! lol and for 1000?! What **** are they smoking, Just buy an OSX compatible netbook like a Dell Mini and save yourself 800
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Thanks

apple keynote fail, this new macbook is useless, what am i going to do with it???