Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: What's New In Cydia: FullScreen for Safari, GPower, iPShare, Chicken Fighter

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by justin7942163 View Post
    Likewise.
    Isn't that $99.00

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by cranie View Post
    I just use FindmyiPhone..already part of my Mobileme account
    Isn't MobileMe $99, I think $9.99 is a better price. Posting what you posted is as misleading as the "totally free" deal.

  3. #43
    Darn. I knew iTracker being free sounded too good to be true.

    I'll pass on paying for GPowerPro.. SBSettings does the same thing for free.

    Where is it in SB Settings? What is it called ?

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by SirTimothy1 View Post
    SpringJumps was updated too.
    I dl'd it (been waiting for update) and not only will it not open at all, I can't delete with Cydelete. Have to go to cydia and remove through package tab.

    Anyone else try it and it fails???

  5. #45
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinicole View Post
    Darn. I knew iTracker being free sounded too good to be true.

    I'll pass on paying for GPowerPro.. SBSettings does the same thing for free.

    Where is it in SB Settings? What is it called ?
    When you open SBSettings, it is the power button on the bottom right. Give it a tap and you'll see a menu pop up asking what power option you want to do.

  6. #46
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    iTracker = epic fail. Not the price, but rather the app itself. Stolen iPhone? DFU>iTunes>restore>setup as new iPhone. Try tracking that, iTracker. If there was a full proof way, as in blocking a restore without a password of some sort, it'd work and be awesome, but without it, it's only good for loss or being stolen by a total idiot. A password lock is literally just as good.
    I think you vastly over estimate the average thief or person that finds a phone. Not everyone is tech savvy, and there are plenty of people out there that have never even used one of these phones.

    That said, under your same logic, locks and alarms on our houses and cars are worthless too. You are always going to find someone able to "get through the defenses" Hell, it isn't hard to rob a place, if you chose to do so. It is the morality of the average person that keeps us from harm, not necessarily all these safeguards. This app is more for a bit of piece of mind, or to help let you know where you left your phone if you can;t find it, in my eyes anyway...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

    coolguy742 (10-20-2010)

  8. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post
    What sucks is when you have an iLocalis (or was it Cylay back then?) account and for some reason, your iP3G gets stuck in a recovery cycle, so you restore, but before you can reinstall all of your apps, your girlfriend makes you take her out... and of course, you lose your phone somewhere between the bar and the dance floor...

    Thankfully, the 3G[s] released shortly thereafter, so I just went ahead and picked one of those up... but I did have to go without a smartphone for almost a month... the first time without an iPhone since the 2G released, and the first time without a smartphone since before my iMate Jam (or whatever HP clunker I had before that).

    Of course, the next summer, I find a perfect 32GB 3G[s] in an otterbox, and I actually tracked the owner down to get it back to her. Didn't even get a thank you!
    you're tell me that she just walked away without a hint of gratitude after the trouble you went through to get her lost iphone back to her.

    that's kind of hard to believe!

    and what was your reaction to all that?

    you much of called her something

    I know I would've been mad as hell if I was in your shoes.


    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I think you vastly over estimate the average thief or person that finds a phone. Not everyone is tech savvy, and there are plenty of people out there that have never even used one of these phones.

    That said, under your same logic, locks and alarms on our houses and cars are worthless too. You are always going to find someone able to "get through the defenses" Hell, it isn't hard to rob a place, if you chose to do so. It is the morality of the average person that keeps us from harm, not necessarily all these safeguards. This app is more for a bit of piece of mind, or to help let you know where you left your phone if you can;t find it, in my eyes anyway...
    yes but breaking a numeric security keypad is a lot harder than just restoring an iphone. I also wonder why an iphone restore security was never implemented in first place, that way apps like itracker would've been much more useful.
    Last edited by swifty7; 10-20-2010 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #48
    My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts

    Already had FullScreen for safari, and GPower Pro for a week. They are both very nice.

  10. #49
    I often thought the same thing about the end result of these so called security apps. The passcode is easily defeated.

    About over-estimating a thief--the below average thief or person Sven knows how to access info on the net. That being said, they can do research on how to defeat security protocols on iPhones. The passcode is. Good Idea but it can eventually fail by simply plugging it into the computer etc.

  11. #50
    Hmm. I may check put itracker. Currently I have an ilocalis account, but perhaps when that expires. Despite what others say about restoring a phone, the object here is to track it to the new location. I left my phone in a cab and the cabbie took it home and gave it to his kids, who did a restore on it. Not before ilocalis showed me the house it was in and I drove over and politely told them I tracked my phone to the house and would like it back. It was returned. Though I had to then downgrade and re-jb, but at least I got it back.

  12. #51
    still no sim manager for peeps running 4.1?

  13. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty42 View Post
    Hmm. I may check put itracker. Currently I have an ilocalis account, but perhaps when that expires. Despite what others say about restoring a phone, the object here is to track it to the new location. I left my phone in a cab and the cabbie took it home and gave it to his kids, who did a restore on it. Not before ilocalis showed me the house it was in and I drove over and politely told them I tracked my phone to the house and would like it back. It was returned. Though I had to then downgrade and re-jb, but at least I got it back.
    was the cabbie nervous when you showed up? and how were you able to locate your iphone through ilocalis so fast or did the cabbie took his time before restoring?

  14. #53
    is anybody else experiencing failures in purchasing any cydia products??

  15. #54
    SMS GV Extension | Home

    This just came out yesterday I believe and if you use Google Voice for texting it is LITERALLY THE BEST THING.

  16. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by dynasty0792 View Post
    is anybody else experiencing failures in purchasing any cydia products??
    I am. been trying to buy MultiMusicInfo but it keeps failing. Just emailed saurik to see what's up.

  17. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelite View Post
    I am. been trying to buy MultiMusicInfo but it keeps failing. Just emailed saurik to see what's up.
    I had trouble like yours yesterday evening. Give it some time and try later. It worked for me today just fine now.

  18. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    was the cabbie nervous when you showed up? and how were you able to locate your iphone through ilocalis so fast or did the cabbie took his time before restoring?
    The cabbie wasn't there. Two young kids answered the door and fed me some bs about they restored it bc the wanted to be able to contact me. The full story is on here somewhere. Basically my battery died that night. I kept checking ilocalis the next day and when they finally charged it and powered it up, I got the location then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •