+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will Apple Buy Facebook?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It's not about facebook, it's about keeping their earnings. Once again fueled by greed.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not about facebook, it's about keeping their earnings. Once again fueled by greed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone slavipz's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt that Mark would agree with Apple buy Facebook... and it is really a stupid rumor only... wait and you will see that i'm right

Thanks
    I don't see what huge benefits apple would get by buying facebook.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by F3nom3ni View Post
    I don't see what huge benefits apple would get by buying facebook.
    The same thing Facebook uses to make millions. Your personal data

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Not gonna happen. It's just some silly rumor someone made up. Steve and Mark most likely talked about Ping and how to integrate that with Facebook.

This rumor is based on someones thoughts on what Apples' strategic move should be since they have a large amount of cash. Not real facts about what they will do.
    Maybe Steve Jobs killed Mark Zman and replaced him with a Borg or maybe he just assimilated him ... (like on Star Trek!!)
    (steven hawking voice) yes mr jobs, that would be a great idea, idea, idea, idea...

iPhone? More like MyPhone skizo's Avatar
    Thanks

Will Apple Buy Facebook?
    No, no it won't.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    When you login, geohot gets friended automagically
    lmao! he'd "disappear" automagically for a bit too =]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    Apple would most certainly redesign it (FB) if indeed they acquire it and I bet the user experience would be just awesome!!
    +1 on that: FB UI has gotten progressively worse and what you see on the iPhone app never matches the webpage -- I have no idea where **** is half the time.

Also, they are worth billions and not only can they not program a sensible FB iPhone app out of their ***, but no iPad HD app? Yes, they need some of the Apple design people to clean their **** up. And I strongly doubt the numbers are as high as 1:5 humans: no one has more than one account? Give me a break.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I never understood the point of facebook, twitter, etc. I tried to be "trendy" and update my life on the net... frankly I found it a stupid waste of time.
    Facebook is most definitely a waste of time, but thankfully I have plenty of free time lately!

Twitter could be viewed as a much more productive tool though. Yes, there are a lot of teens and hipsters that will tweet practically everything they do in their daily routine, but there's also an entirely different side of twitter as well. I use both applications, but I enjoy Twitter a whole lot more. I use it almost like a newsfeed rather than a means of 2way communication. I have a small handful of "real life" friends on twitter but the majority of the people I follow are either comedians ( @thesulk, @shitmydadsays, @craigyferg, etc.) or people in certain fields that I am very interested in @musclenerd, @ericschmidt, @kevinrose, @billgates, etc.). Surprisingly enough, @Alyssa_Milano is a very handy source for neat bits of tech info.

I apologize for derailing the thread momentarily.

Back to the topic... I really have a tough time with the $35-$40 billion that they estimate FBs value at. 500m accounts != 500m users... it drives me absolutely crazy when I hear the media saying a half of a billion people use FaceBook... I think once they go open and true numbers are revealed, the value of the company will be significantly lower than currently speculation suggests. Regardless of what the true value of the company is, I don't see how anyone will be able to justify spending enough to buy the company (or at least the majority of the shares), without exploiting the wealth of info on FB in a "evil" way.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I can't see this happening. Apple already has a social network chassis in production with Ping, which just needs people to use it. Ping will eventually take off.

Between the iPhone, iPad, iPod, and all the extras for them, Apple made billions.

Look for their next project to have the same potential. Facebook just doesn't have it. It's like gold, the time to buy it was 6 years ago, now is actually the time to sell it.

Facebook is on top, with only one way to go. That down-trend could be triggered by a new site tomorrow. Internet services almost never recover after they hit bottom: AOL, Excite, Napster, ICQ, Yahoo is in denial, Myspace, Angelfire, etc...

To take advantage, you have to buy early, like Google did with YouTube, and Microsoft did with Internet Explorer technology.

No, Apple is not going to buy Facebook. That ship sailed already.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Thanks

^AOL and Yahoo are both doing just fine and are still pulling in multi-billion dollar revenues.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Compare that to what they used to male.

50 billion is too large of an investment/return gamble with Facebook.

And for the record, I haven't used Yahoo in YEARS. I don't know anyone who still uses it, except for the utterly over-bloated messenger. Facebook did claim a large share of the messenger world, because people don't usually carry on long in-depth conversations online, now people could catch up with a bunch of friend's quickly, rather than devoting "chat times" to them.

The .com bubble burst for a reason, and blind trust that these things will last was that reason. Apple doesn't tend to be that short sighted.

One thing that Apple COULD do, is buy a cellular provider, which would provide a captive customer base for the iProducts, and built-in cellular cards in MacBooks. THAT would be a good way to invest the money, long term returns, with no foreseeable end.
    It's where you are.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

What they used to make*
    It's where you are.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

LMAO if apple bought facebook, the layout and everything would just turn into some kind of variation of the iOS. and does anybody else find it halarious that steve jobs had mark zuckerberg over for dinner...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyydaveyy View Post
    does anybody else find it halarious that steve jobs had mark zuckerberg over for dinner...
    no.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Facetime and Facebook coincidence I think not...lol
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    when myspace got sold the site began to look a litte better but all the advertising got annoying.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234