+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 7-inch iPad "DOA:" Jobs

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by jdm.accord Indeed. Now for the Verizon iPhone rumor......... yes kill this rumor already
    Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Indeed. Now for the Verizon iPhone rumor.........
    yes kill this rumor already

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SMokemyPole88 View Post
    yes kill this rumor already
    Sorry can't help you with that... check this article out...

Verizon-Compatible iPhone Rumored to be In Final Testing Phase – Blog – 148Apps – iPhone App and Game Reviews and News

I like the iPad the size it is!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-19-2010 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    have you seen the price for this garbage Galaxy Tab? you need to check the prices before you talk bro.
    I paid US$763 (in Thai Baht equivalent) for my Samsung Galaxy Tab, and get it when they're released here in Thailand next Saturday. Played with one at a mobile show a few weeks ago when I ordered it, and had no trouble at all. It's sweet!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish there was a 7 inch ipad, I would love the smaller size just because Im sick of taking my MB all over, I would rather have something small like that, that i could fit in my glove box, I cant fit a Full sized ipad in my glove box.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tech NiNjA View Post
    $100-$150 difference? Really? It would make no sense whatsoever that by the time you walk out of apple you will have more than likely spent over 1k assuming you bought the 64gb. If you cant afford that then move on down to a 32gb so on and so forth. So all together what im trying to say is that 100-150 isnt going to make a lick of a difference for anyone and if it does then ur better off buying an acer or something along those lines. As for the thought of a 7" ipad....blah. They shouldnt make it only because the amount of money time and effort it would take to manufacture it would be a complete waste. All of that could be spent on perfecting what is already a beautiful platform. Increase options and possibly change up materials to make it lighter. The imagination all on its own could create a ridiculous list of ideas. Not knockin ya down but you get what you pay for and affordable doesnt really get you much....
    Don't presume you know what is best for each and every person out there my friend. Apple knows very well about demand (look at the new nano with, what I consider to be, a stupidly small touch screen). If there is demand and people will buy it, companies will make it. Just because you view $150 (which I think was actually a response to someone saying "100/150 pounds cheaper" - which is actually more like $150-225) as nothing doesn't mean every other consumer out there does too. And I beg to differ about your statement that basically implies we must buy top of the line or nothing at all. Hell, the only real difference in most of Apple's mobile products is the size of storage you get (and now a 3G antenna versus no antenna). The experience is virtually the same!
    Last edited by sziklassy; 10-20-2010 at 05:08 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

no point, if you cant put it in your pocket you might as well use a 10 inch ipad. otherwise an iphone/itouch will do just fine.

Thanks

Just got back from Tenerife where I saw the 7" iPad in the shops.
    Nice to see the Android logo on the box....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (10-22-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Don't presume you know what is best for each and every person out there my friend. Apple knows very well about demand (look at the new nano with, what I consider to be, a stupidly small touch screen). If there is demand and people will buy it, companies will make it. Just because you view $150 (which I think was actually a response to someone saying "100/150 pounds cheaper" - which is actually more like $150-225) as nothing doesn't mean every other consumer out there does too. And I beg to differ about your statement that basically implies we must buy top of the line or nothing at all. Hell, the only real difference in most of Apple's mobile products is the size of storage you get (and now a 3G antenna versus no antenna). The experience is virtually the same!

Okay i did not say or imply that you must buy top of the line. I said " Assuming " you bought the 64gb you would spend about a grand. In either case there are a hell of alot more affordable things out there that would do the same thing as the ipad. Give or take a few options, but everything that comes out of apple doesnt really fall into the category " affordable " if your trying to buy the latest and greatest. Which would be the new nano, macbook pro, iphone 4/ ipod touch 4...so on and so on. Yea i can see $200 being a bit of cash but like i had said earlier you get what you pay for. " The experience is virtually the same " as for this....if your talking about just experience of being able to use an ipad is the same then yes, but with 3g vs. No 3g you would have to be in a wifi hotspot in order to surf unless you had a jailbroken iphone or tethering service. So the experience of being able to do what you want and when you want is really not the same. Being able to do gaming, networking, surfing on the fly is a complete different experience then having to look for your nearest starbucks or waiting to get home to use it is a complete different experience. When im makin an obvious statement that if your biggest problem is a spending an extra $200 then u really shouldnt be in an apple store. Its because alot of the stuff in there already is pricey for what it is. In the end im not assuming whats best for people....im voicing an opinion as a consumer. Take it as you want but it is really just an opinion. Just dont take it personal.....

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12