Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Greenpois0n Adds iPod Touch 2G Support

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluechipps View Post
    thanks for the warning, anyone know how it works and whether or not in my case whether 4.1.0 is really worth the trouble?
    Since you have jailbroken, mind telling me how much RAM you have (denoted as available memory in SBSettings) when all of your apps are closed and memory cleared from within SBSettings. If it's 60mb or below, I would recommend against upgrading to 4.0/4.1 because it will lag your iPod very much. My iPhone 3G lagged so bad that I decided to get an iPhone 4 to enjoy the 4.1 and Game Center experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bluechipps View Post
    ok sounds like those of us who used the spirit jailbreak may need to downgrade first to like 3.1.2 and use a "bootrom" based jailbreak instead of a "software" one like spirit.
    see this post Why is Spirit bad?

does this sound correct?
    Yes, you would have to downgrade and re-jailbreak, causing you to lose everything in your iPod. You might be able to recover most if not all apps and information by backing up before you downgrade, but some things may not be compatible. I would also recommend jailbreakme.com from your iPod browser over blackra1n, but either one is fine.
    Last edited by Kaisei; 10-18-2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisei View Post
    Yes, you would have to downgrade and re-jailbreak, causing you to lose everything in your iPod. You might be able to recover most if not all apps and information by backing up before you downgrade, but some things may not be compatible. I would also recommend jailbreakme.com from your iPod browser over blackra1n, but either one is fine.
    Alright thanks, however with all apps closed and memory cleared I get 59-60mb free. I should probably just stick with 3.1.3 and spirit then? Honestly I just feel left out and bored and want to try 4.1 but like you said, I'll probably regret it due to performace.

Quote Originally Posted by ashrafkhalifa View Post
    I'm waiting too....."Sunday" was no "Funday" !!
    Hurry PwnageTool i needz to keeps mai baseband, i needz unlockz!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to chrodriguezmarydown For This Useful Post:

charlyc (10-18-2010)

Default thank you
    thank you very much man finally

Quote Originally Posted by chrodriguezmarydown View Post
    Hurry PwnageTool i needz to keeps mai baseband, i needz unlockz!
    You can keep you baseband with TinyUmbrella

Quote Originally Posted by dynasty0792 View Post
    Does anybody know if deleting loader after installing cydia will harm the phone?
    No because if it did the loader wouldn't have a notice after downloading and installing cydia saying "would you like to remove the loader" lol.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    if you have a non-MC 2g (the MC model is a 8GB "3rd gen") then use redsn0w 0.9.6b1. If you have an MC model, use greenpois0n.

If you want to b**** about not having pwnagetool, get out. Remember, these are free tools. Jeez! you people are impossible to please!
    I'm easy to please, but this time around not so much lol. If there were no updates about greenpois0n I'd be ok. Seeing it every other day is bothersome. That stupid proximity sensor issue is a real pain and I really hope 4.1 does fix it.

WTF! Downgraded an jailbreakme'd my 2G AN HOUR BEFORE THIS UPDATE! LOST ALL MY STUFF! D:

Quote Originally Posted by pompiste View Post
    It work on ipod 2g non mc but it’a a little bit freaky when you see lots of code line error on the ipod screen instead of a more user friendly green pois0n face! After going to lockscreen i reboot the device click on the loader icon and install cydia.... thanks i’m finally up to date.
    Did'nt wrk 4 me I followed the directions exactly

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qgshadow View Post
    Shut up Guys, You don't pay Squat so stop beeing soo impatient.

When you don't pay you wait.

Thats a life lesson.
    You are correct. However, the complaint is that MMI stated it would be released. Well when it wasn't they should have just posted a little quick blurp stating the release was pushed back. What most are asking is more than likely a little more news/update. MMI ofter boasts that they have the insite thru calls ect. With that said don't leave your readers hanging.

Lastly stop trolling and telling people to shut up. As for free yes it is. But! Know who you are talking to will help with what you acuse. A lot of people on here donate.

Again alls anyone here is wondering is what the deal is.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kuhndsn For This Useful Post:

The Maestro (10-18-2010)

if you have a non-MC 2g (the MC model is a 8GB "3rd gen") then use redsn0w 0.9.6b1. If you have an MC model, use greenpois0n.

If you want to b**** about not having pwnagetool, get out. Remember, these are free tools. Jeez! you people are impossible to please!
    The 8g is a 2g model 3G is the 32 &. 64g

Quote Originally Posted by Hpwill View Post
    The 8g is a 2g model 3G is the 32 &. 64g
    ummm no. How long have you been following apple products?

the MC models ("3rd gen") have the same specs as the 2g non-MC models. The difference is the bootrom. It's still a "3rd gen", it just has the same technical specs.

Twitter: @tshoults

Worked perfect on my sons ipt2 & ipt3. Like a poster said. I had a WTF is this scrolling stuff hahahah....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
    where's the 3g support at? redsn0w's buggy as piss
    Yeah what's up with redsn0w? I had to restore and jailbreak with a modified pwnagetool for 4.1. But it worked great so I'm not complaining is there a sn0wbreeze that can jailbreak a 3G on 4.1 cuz I would recommend that over redsn0w right now. Btw it seems to be a problem with redsn0w patching something for mobilesubstrate so anything with mobilesubstrate will mess up your device and pretty much everything uses mobilesubstrate so redsn0w sucks right now.

EDIT: someone in an earlier post mentioned a redsn0w 0.9.6b2 but I can only find b1 so wtf? And I still recommend pwnagetool since it's not in beta lol.
    Last edited by Antman217; 10-19-2010 at 12:51 AM.

So did i miss something with the release of Pwnage tool? Is there a known delay that i missed?
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

Quote Originally Posted by Antman217 View Post
    Yeah what's up with redsn0w? I had to restore and jailbreak with a modified pwnagetool for 4.1. But it worked great so I'm not complaining is there a sn0wbreeze that can jailbreak a 3G on 4.1 cuz I would recommend that over redsn0w right now. Btw it seems to be a problem with redsn0w patching something for mobilesubstrate so anything with mobilesubstrate will mess up your device and pretty much everything uses mobilesubstrate so redsn0w sucks right now.

EDIT: seems there is a redsn0w 0.9.6b2 out I only tried b1 so I guess this one should work now but it is still beta so I still recommend pwnagetool. And is there going to be any redsn0ws not in beta. All the new ones have stayed in beta lol.
    i jailbroke using snowbreeze on my pc laptop, and maybe it's something else, but i feel like that method is buggy too. this was my first time using snowbreeze (first time using a non-mac application to jailbreak), so maybe i'm biased.

i'm hoping the updated pwnage tool will be the answer we're looking for.

the MC models ("3rd gen") have the same specs as the 2g non-MC models. The difference is the bootrom. It's still a "3rd gen", it just has the same technical specs.
    No if you go to the apple web site it the 8g and 16g is the 2g new bootrom and the non-mc models are the 2g old bootrom and the 32g and 64g is the 3G

And here is the link of the 3G models. http://support.apple.com/kb/SP570

Quote Originally Posted by Hpwill View Post
    And here is the link of the 3G models. iPod touch (3rd generation) - Technical Specifications
    BUT, it has the new bootrom! listen you dumb***!

Twitter: @tshoults

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast