+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone in Space!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
high enough to show the curvature of the earth and the blackness of space - that was shot from an iPhone 4 so incorrect information as the iPhone was only
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

high enough to show the curvature of the earth and the blackness of space - that was shot from an iPhone 4
    so incorrect information as the iPhone was only there to act as a GPS transmitter.

I guess people see iPhone 4 and automatically think its was the iPhone that done it lol
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Freaking awesome, although a bit of a shame that we couldn't see the landing. I encourage these people to try it again

Thanks

So far it's not stated on their website if iPhone was filming actually.
    But for sure, from the film, it's clear that it was acting like gps transm.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gates_Bates View Post
    this is pretty awsome. i bet in about a week this phone will be for sale at like a million dollars..most expensive phone ever!
    I dunno. probly bricked. watch how many iphones turn up with that story.
    broken iphone, only good for parts and bragging rights.
    What i find amazing is that the camera made it. The iphone was the GPS puck to find the thing. He could have used "where is my iphone" from cydia and probly had the same results.
    unklbyl

Thanks

Crazy video... Good way to put the iPhone to use.

But the video wasn't shot from the iPhone in the video the guy clearly says there's a camera inside and the iPhone he'll be placing inside to track it. Not to record to whole trip.

Thanks

wow, that's awesome
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually the coolest thing ive ever seen... props to those guys, and girls behind the scene.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CONVBMW's Avatar
    Thanks

I betcha that ol Steve-O is LOVIN this one.

Thanks

He has a video camera installed and the iphone was used to track the box's location (via mobile me or some other app) when it came down from space.

Green Apple
    Thanks

omfg thats cool
    For **** sakes you mods are amateurs! Why are you trashing my scene!!! Seriously you and me we're done professionally.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    From what the guy says in the video and the way it looks like it's made the iPhone was only there for GPS tracking, there was a separate camera that actually recorded the video. Pretty cool project either way though.
    exactly what i was about to say,please don't stretch the truth

Thanks

So let me get this straight. A kid sends an iPhone into space (whatever your definition of space is, if you can see the curve of the Earth, you are in space in my book). He uses it to transmit (GPS) information. The balloon breaks some 100,000+ feet up, more than 19 miles (!) and an emergency parachute sends it screaming back to Earth at 150 mph. The battery in a separate camera dies from the cold, but the iPhone 4 continues to send GPS info back to the kid AFTER IT LANDS IN A TREE!!!! From 19+ miles UP! At 150 MPH!

So, no death grip issue? No problem with the proximity sensor? No buildup of dust that breaks the back of the case?

Are we SURE this was an iPhone 4? They don't work, you know. Everyone says so. Even a much-vaunted consumer testing group says so.

Maybe it was a better phone that LOOKS like an iPhone but that, you know, WORKS.

We need to look into this. It's probably a trick of some kind. An investigation is called for. People need to post saying it can't be, iPhone 4s don't work.

It was probably a Droid. Yeah, that's what it was. A Droid. 'Cause, you know, iPhone 4s don't work.
    Senior

Thanks

Hope it makes YouTube so I can MX it for easy access. Anyway, nice!! I always wondered what it looked like in-between low and high clouds. Lol, I like how the little kid just keeps eating his candy and says "yup" without even checking anything.

Thanks

that was awesome

Latest Project: iEvo HD4 TrueHD iPhone4 theme. ~~~ Click Donate to support my theme's!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default anyone know what gps app was used
    I never did see any mention on the app used to report GPS location.
    Anyone know?
    And most importantly was the iphone jailbroken?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty cool. He should have used an otterbox. Perhaps he could have recieved a little $ from them for that. Would be a pretty cool add for any iPhone protector.

Hey otter if your reading. I'll launch my iPhone from my kids rocket if you pay... Lol. No seriously I will. ;-)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kuhndsn For This Useful Post:

-vis0- (10-17-2010)

Thanks

"The two used a custom app that transmitted GPS information"
    Senior

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    So let me get this straight. A kid sends an iPhone into space (whatever your definition of space is, if you can see the curve of the Earth, you are in space in my book). He uses it to transmit (GPS) information. The balloon breaks some 100,000+ feet up, more than 19 miles (!) and an emergency parachute sends it screaming back to Earth at 150 mph. The battery in a separate camera dies from the cold, but the iPhone 4 continues to send GPS info back to the kid AFTER IT LANDS IN A TREE!!!! From 19+ miles UP! At 150 MPH!

So, no death grip issue? No problem with the proximity sensor? No buildup of dust that breaks the back of the case?

Are we SURE this was an iPhone 4? They don't work, you know. Everyone says so. Even a much-vaunted consumer testing group says so.

Maybe it was a better phone that LOOKS like an iPhone but that, you know, WORKS.

We need to look into this. It's probably a trick of some kind. An investigation is called for. People need to post saying it can't be, iPhone 4s don't work.

It was probably a Droid. Yeah, that's what it was. A Droid. 'Cause, you know, iPhone 4s don't work.
    At first I was like...what a hater... Then I read it again. LMAO. GREAT POST!!!! Expecially the pick at the all popular consumer report on the death grip crying. Thanks great laugh as we read these articles waiting for the news of. "pwnagetool is now released".

Thanks

Senior