+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak Utility TinyUmbrella Gets Big Update

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hi everyone, Do you have any idea why TU cannot detect my iP4 v4.0.1 at all? I can see the phone in iTunes though. TU can also detect my iPad
    Thanks

Hi everyone,
    Do you have any idea why TU cannot detect my iP4 v4.0.1 at all? I can see the phone in iTunes though. TU can also detect my iPad v3.2.1. I'm running OS X 10.6.4 and iTunes 9.2.1.
    Cheers

UPDATE:

I've found myself stupid
    Finally get TU detected my iPhone 4. The reason it didn't was because I had used the Japanese kanji as my phone's name which TU didn't recognize the characters. After changing my phone's name back to English (romaji), TU successfully detected the iPhone.
    How stupid am I that never thought of it before......
    Cheers
    Last edited by yamamoto; 10-22-2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

I have a iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1, baseband 2.10.04. I had bought this phone from someone (So i have nothing to lose here as the unlock is still not out). But i want to upgrade it to iOS4.1 . So if the unlock is out i can unlock it on the latest iOS ?

Now my question is if I upgrade my phone using iTunes or TinyUmberlla. Will I be asked to activate my iPhone once it is restored, My iPhone 4 is jailbroken.

Also suggest which jailbreak i should use GreenPoison or Limeara1n, based on who will remove the unlock. Please suggest with your experience.

Before i update my jailbroken iPhone4 having iOS4.0.1. I want to confirm that after i update my phone with iOS 4.1,using TinyUmbrella, will it Ask me for Activation ? , that is will i be needing a AT&T sim to activate it.

Please suggest…

Thanks,
    Hiren.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hirenhcm View Post
    Hi,

I have a iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1, baseband 2.10.04. I had bought this phone from someone (So i have nothing to lose here as the unlock is still not out). But i want to upgrade it to iOS4.1 . So if the unlock is out i can unlock it on the latest iOS ?

Now my question is if I upgrade my phone using iTunes or TinyUmberlla. Will I be asked to activate my iPhone once it is restored, My iPhone 4 is jailbroken.

Also suggest which jailbreak i should use GreenPoison or Limeara1n, based on who will remove the unlock. Please suggest with your experience.

Before i update my jailbroken iPhone4 having iOS4.0.1. I want to confirm that after i update my phone with iOS 4.1,using TinyUmbrella, will it Ask me for Activation ? , that is will i be needing a AT&T sim to activate it.

Please suggest…

Thanks,
    Hiren.
    Update it with iTunes just like normal. This is because you already have the latest baseband so it won't hurt anything to do it through iTunes. After that, you can run limera1n to jailbreak and activate the phone (greenpois0n may work too, but I have not used it). Then you're all set. Since you're updating to the latest iOS and already hve the most recent baseband, there are a number of steps you can otherwise avoid (TinyUmbrella, etc.).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

hirenhcm (11-01-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys,I have an iPhone 3G version 4.1 , baseband 05.14.02 anyone can help me to unlock my iPhone? Or even downgrading the baseband? I already tried fuzzyband but did not work as well,it was showing "will only work in 5.08 bootloader" pls. Help me if somebody outhere knowing how solve my problem.thanks

Thanks

Wait til iOS 4.2 comes out later this month. There will be a new unlock released shortly after.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Update it with iTunes just like normal. This is because you already have the latest baseband so it won't hurt anything to do it through iTunes. After that, you can run limera1n to jailbreak and activate the phone (greenpois0n may work too, but I have not used it). Then you're all set. Since you're updating to the latest iOS and already hve the most recent baseband, there are a number of steps you can otherwise avoid (TinyUmbrella, etc.).

Thanks Mortopher for replying.

By activation u mean, the process that we have to do, by putting a valid AT&T sim in the phone and activating it.(bypassing the 'Slide to emergency screen')

So limera1n will take care of this. Just want to reconfirm. I am scared to do this as i am and newbie.

Thanks

Yeah, limera1n will take care of that issue for you. Pwnage tool does as well, but if you're a newcomer id just keep it simple and use limera1n. (greenpois0n should do it too but I have no direct experience with it so I can't comment)

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

hirenhcm (11-07-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks mortopher,
    I will try and tell you how it went...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks mortopher,

It did take care of my activation. I used limera1n...

Waiting for the unlock...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ios 4.2 is already launched?pls.kindly inform me i am waiting for that to unlock my iphone 3g ios 4.1 baseband 05.14.02

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123