Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool To Jailbreak All Future Firmwares on A4 iDevices

Default PwnageTool To Jailbreak All Future Firmwares on A4 iDevices

MuscleNerd, a developer from the Dev-Team, has hinted at the possibility of PwnageTool being able to provide untethered jailbroken firmware creation for ALL future firmware updates on devices that use the A4 chip (iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPad).

"Think we've figured out a way to extend PwnageTool+limera1n+@comex hacks to untethered JBs for all future A4 firmwares " says MuscleNerd via twitter. The announcement gives a bit more confidence to jailbreakers who are afraid of being left out when future updates come, like iOS 4.2 for example. This one being a major update for the iPad users, and losing their jailbreaks could be disappointing if there was no way to jailbreak.

While Limera1n and Greenpois0n are also considered "exploits for life" for the A4, it is not likely that they would be untethered tools in the future, once Apple patches the exiting tools currently used. PwnageTool on the otherhand, would be able to provide these untethered jailbroken firmwares even after Apple patches the current holes that currently provide us an untethered jb. This once again, is what iPad and iPhone 4 users want to hear, as this means you'll be able to jailbreak, untethered, for "life".

If this is the case, we may see PwnageTool once again being the main tool for Jailbreaking your iDevices, as we all know, a tethered JB is no fun at all.

Tomorrow will be the official release, so keep your eyes peeled for Sunday Funday!
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 10-16-2010 at 01:12 PM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

CaptBojank (10-16-2010), ChaiMuengChuaySoh (10-17-2010), gargonjes (10-16-2010), G_Status (10-16-2010), mongoman62 (10-17-2010), rainman99 (10-16-2010), reaves205 (10-16-2010), Rob2G (10-16-2010)

Cool but what is the difference between tethered and untetherd

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to manickbarry For This Useful Post:

ronel1976 (10-16-2010)

Hmm is pwnagetool for MAC only?

Quote Originally Posted by manickbarry View Post
    Cool but what is the difference between tethered and untetherd
    Everytime you shut off your device and turn it back on you're required to run the JB program in order to get inside the OS. - That's tether.

Untether means you can just boot up normally.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nitrogen521 For This Useful Post:

manickbarry (10-16-2010)

tethered means every time the iDevice turns fully off (not just sleep but actually power down) you must plug the iDevice bak into your computer and rejailbreak it
    Last edited by leathelisor; 10-16-2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Big spelling error

8. The Following User Says Thank You to leathelisor For This Useful Post:

manickbarry (10-16-2010)

That sucks!

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

yeah, that's why PwnageTool could be the bees knees when it comes to jailbreaking.

I would assume a Mac version would come first.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

Rob2G (10-16-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,538 Times in 7,105 Posts

Limera1n and greenpoison using the exploit they are using now should be jailbreak for life for all devices with the current bootroms, not just the A4 devices (although it will be tethered).

iPhone? More like MyPhone nautical79's Avatar
    Thanks

Its cool and all but how about unlock?
    Common Sense Its Not So Common

I would love to see a windows version of this tomorrow.
    Great work!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nautical79 View Post

Why must people be asking about unlock all the time!?! It is a work in progress if you follow the Devs on twitter you would know that @sherif hashim is working on the unlock (probably not the only dev) and they are not going to release it for 4.1 as 4.2 comes out next month so what would be the point of releasing it now just so apple can patch the Baseband for 4.2? People need to either get over the fact that apple is always going to patch exploits and baseband unlocks so either your screwed if you get a new refurbished device from apple or it came like that...your just gonna have to wait...and if you updated to the newest firmware without knowing you ARE gonna lose your unlock and jailbreak...well guess what, too bad. Should read before updating next time Sorry... just tired of people hassling the Dev teams that do this stuff for free and out of their own personal time. Thanks Devs for everything you do!

OH and stop hijacking threads!!
    Last edited by vantheman169; 10-16-2010 at 01:25 PM.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

Aldog18 (10-16-2010), BennyPR (10-16-2010), Darrius777 (10-16-2010), mb23 (10-16-2010), moon#pie (10-16-2010), Poseidon79 (10-16-2010), Snozberries (10-18-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    yeah, that's why PwnageTool could be the bees knees when it comes to jailbreaking.

I would assume a Mac version would come first.
    It was usually Mac exclusive, but hey, the Dev team is likely to release it on Windows, too.

The iPhone Dev Team can own my base if it proves to jailbreak future firmwares with A4 chip.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to awesomeSlayer For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (10-16-2010)

Hope there is a windows version! Or I need to save up for a mac!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I had a feeling this would happen. If pwnage tool allows you to create custom firmware then there has to be a way to plant an exploit within the cfw allow for an untethered jb.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nitrogen521 View Post
    Hmm is pwnagetool for MAC only?
    For now, yes.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Quote Originally Posted by nautical79 View Post
    No unlock for you! Come back one year!
    Hmm...

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

fventura03 (10-16-2010), Nick Hesson (10-16-2010), Poseidon79 (10-16-2010), ProZack27 (10-17-2010), Snozberries (10-18-2010)

^ lol

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Why must people be asking about unlock all the time!?! It is a work in progress if you follow the Devs on twitter you would know that @sherif hashim is working on the unlock (probably not the only dev) and they are not going to release it for 4.1 as 4.2 comes out next month so what would be the point of releasing it now just so apple can patch the Baseband for 4.2? People need to either get over the fact that apple is always going to patch exploits and baseband unlocks so either your screwed if you get a new refurbished device from apple or it came like that...your just gonna have to wait...and if you updated to the newest firmware without knowing you ARE gonna lose your unlock and jailbreak...well guess what, too bad. Should read before updating next time Sorry... just tired of people hassling the Dev teams that do this stuff for free and out of their own personal time. Thanks Devs for everything you do!

OH and stop hijacking threads!!
    Rage much? Doesn't seem like he was "harassing" anyone and if asking a simple question hoping to garner information is "harassing" in your book, than you need to get your happy pill dose increased. JB/Unlocking go hand-in-hand so it seemed like a fair enough question..

..........And soup nazi references (or any Seinfeld for that matter) gain 93852395892839453829582038450820802 intern3tz0rs points in my book

27. The Following User Says Thank You to jdm.accord For This Useful Post:

amorales59 (10-16-2010)

PwnageTool NEVER updates the BaseBand, so anyone with a baseband from 4.0.2 or earlier will be able to keep their unlock for life too!!!!

So Bring on 4.2 apple!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

This is great.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast