+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: limera1n Now Available for Mac & PC

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by skizo I've been jailbeaking since ZiPhone on the 2G models; it's nothing new to me. However, I don't care to keep up with the latest info and
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skizo View Post
    I've been jailbeaking since ZiPhone on the 2G models; it's nothing new to me.

However, I don't care to keep up with the latest info and requirements for new JB methods either, so I'm becoming pretty confused about all the baseband stuff, etc...

Plus, a lot of people are saying these new JB's just don't work. The release threads are littered with complaints.
    I don't think its the jailbreak softwares fault, I think apple is getting better at patching and making it more difficult to jailbreak. Whats confusing about the BB? All we need to know at the end user level is what baseband can be unlocked and which one can't. Leave the hard stuff up to the devs to figure out. I don't have the first clue how to program or hack an iPhone. All I know is that if I upgrade from 4.0.1 to stock fw 4.1 I lose unlock bthats all I need to know so I don't do it. Stay in the loop on twitter and u will know when something released or being worked on

Quote Originally Posted by Bullmastiff View Post
    I am trying to understand this new jb? I have a i4 with upgraded os4.1. My phone was purchased unlocked from apple store Canada. I verified this by putting a sim from another carrier and it works fine. I limera!n my phone 1st time no issues that I can tell. Do I have to do anything to preserve my phone when 4.2 comes out?
    You dont have to worry bout preserving your baseband but you can back up your shsh blobs so u can restore to 4.1 if you need to. Use tinyumbrella.

Ciao
    Last edited by vantheman169; 10-17-2010 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone skizo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Whats confusing about the BB? All we need to know at the end user level is what baseband can be unlocked and which one can't. Leave the hard stuff up to the devs to figure out. I don't have the first clue how to program or hack an iPhone. All I know is that if I upgrade from 4.0.1 to stock fw 4.1 I lose unlock bthats all I need to know so I don't do it. Stay in the loop on twitter and u will know when something released or being worked on
    Maybe you misunderstood me a bit. I have no desire (or know how) to develop anything. What I meant by the baseband stuff being hard to figure out is, I have no idea what a baseband is, why it's important, or how it relates to me if at all, etc., etc... (To be quite honest, I enjoy having a jailbroken phone, but I have no interest in keeping up with the latest and greatest in releases, nor do I care anything about that twitter thing.) There are multiple jailbreaks out now and judging by the feedback in threads on this board, neither appear to be very reliable in getting the job done properly.

I'd like to bring my iPhone 4 (4.0.1) up to date with a newer firmware to fix a couple of bugs which are annoying me. I'm on ATT so an unlock does not interest me. The fact that loads of folks appear to end up with a jailbroken device but no Cydia is a bit disheartening tho'.
    Last edited by skizo; 10-17-2010 at 07:48 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree that the JB routes all seem to be clouded with comparability issues and there seems to be no straight answer to proper installation and retention of JB. I am far from a computer programmer but someone should be able to develop a interface that completes all necessary JB protocols including backing up original system/basebands etc

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe you misunderstood me a bit. I have no desire (or know how) to develop anything. What I meant by the baseband stuff being hard to figure out is, I have no idea what a baseband is, why it's important, or how it relates to me if at all, etc., etc... (To be quite honest, I enjoy having a jailbroken phone, but I have no interest in keeping up with the latest and greatest in releases, nor do I care anything about that twitter thing.) There are multiple jailbreaks out now and judging by the feedback in threads on this board, neither appear to be very reliable in getting the job done properly.

I'd like to bring my iPhone 4 (4.0.1) up to date with a newer firmware to fix a couple of bugs which are annoying me. I'm on ATT so an unlock does not interest me. The fact that loads of folks appear to end up with a jailbroken device but no Cydia is a bit disheartening tho'.
    If you are on AT&T u don't need to care about basebands as it really only pertains to people who need unlocks. If I were you I would update to 4.1 and re- jailbreak with limera1n or greenpois0n. Sorry I was not trying to be condescending. Hope this helps

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    If you are on AT&T u don't need to care about basebands as it really only pertains to people who need unlocks. If I were you I would update to 4.1 and re- jailbreak with limera1n or greenpois0n. Sorry I was not trying to be condescending. Hope this helps
    No worries; I didn't take it that way.

Tho' again, I'll hold off as both jailbreaks appear to be shaky at best.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

No worries; I didn't take it that way.

Tho' again, I'll hold off as both jailbreaks appear to be shaky at best.
    I updated to 4.1 using TU to preserve my baseband for my iPhone 4. Then I ran limera1n only once and have had a successful jailbreak ever since. I have not had a single issue for it. There's no need to worry bud, worst case scenario (which is highly unlikely anyways) is that you just have to restore your phone to 4.1. Nothing grave can come of attempting it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    I updated to 4.1 using TU to preserve my baseband for my iPhone 4. Then I ran limera1n only once and have had a successful jailbreak ever since. I have not had a single issue for it. There's no need to worry bud, worst case scenario (which is highly unlikely anyways) is that you just have to restore your phone to 4.1. Nothing grave can come of attempting it.
    Done. Everything seems OK. Thanks.

Thanks

i've had no issues with limerain

AT ALL.

LOVE IT.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,401 Times in 2,657 Posts

This can be use to jailbreak apple tv?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

WAS ... jailbroken
    iPhone 4
    Jailbreakme.com

Just updated to 4.1 on Mac, any specific instructions or am I good 2 go on limera1n?

Thanks in advance

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456