Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: limera1n Now Available for Mac & PC

Mine still doesnt work wtf!! I jb and after the rain drop it puts me in recovery mode and says plug in to itunes. Ive NEVER had any issues in the past jb. I deleted the program and reinstalled it and nothing still. This sucks. I have a mac btw. Anyone having the same issue? Is there a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    Mine still doesnt work wtf!! I jb and after the rain drop it puts me in recovery mode and says plug in to itunes. Ive NEVER had any issues in the past jb. I deleted the program and reinstalled it and nothing still. This sucks. I have a mac btw. Anyone having the same issue? Is there a fix?
    What happens when you force it out of recovery mode? Are you still jailed?
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    What happens when you force it out of recovery mode? Are you still jailed?
    well what happens is i run the program and do what it instructs, then the jb icon(green drop) shows and after that it shows the connect to itunes logo. Then i get a message from itunes saying it has detected the iphone in recovery mode. Im not sure if its still jailbroken when it shows the plug to itunes. Ive tried 3x already and still gives me the same problem. Then i get error 2001 in itunes

Jailbreaking is getting too confusing.

I guess I'm just gonna wait for jailbreakme.com updates for my future jailbreak updates. There are far too many people saying this and greenpoison aren't working properly or at all. :/

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skizo View Post
    Jailbreaking is getting too confusing.

I guess I'm just gonna wait for jailbreakme.com updates for my future jailbreak updates. There are far too many people saying this and greenpoison aren't working properly or at all. :/
    Jailbreakme.com was a PDF exploit. I doubt there will be another one like it or if it will ever work for another firmware above 4.0.1. If you think limera1n or gp is confusing try using older version of JB tools ha u would not even know where to begin! Good luck!

My phone was stuck in recovery mode and iTunes was giving an error 2009 which said bad USB port or 30 pin cable is bad, fix then reset the computer. I did so then it gave me an error 29, which is faulty hardware. I am going to try to restore with 4.0 and see if that will fix it.

I have my ssh for 4.0.1, gona downgrade back and jb through jailbreakme.com. Ive tried numerous times with limera1n and no luck, keeps putting it in recovery mode

it worked finally! But i had to use recboot 3x to boot it out of recovery mode. So now im on 4.1 jb!
    Last edited by BoostedEvoIX; 10-15-2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If your stuck in recovery mode, use RecBoot to exit. This just worked for me, I am running 4.1 on both my 3GS and iPhone 5

MMS isnt working for me. I get them in the form of email. Is there a fix?

edit: nevermind got it working again after reseting all settings. In case someone has the same issue, just go to general and reset all settings and it fixes it right up
    Last edited by BoostedEvoIX; 10-15-2010 at 08:27 PM.

Any one have the problem with photos not saving? (if you try and remove one after taking it it just sits there saying saving and does nothing), my brothers iPhone 4 doesn't have this problem, so in an attempt to fix mine I change permissions for set folders to match his and guess what this dint work I was like what the fOok.

so not sure if its because I restored from a backup, I had no choice wanted my saves back (had them backed up manually, can put up a batch file that will do it all for you in one click (removes the apps renames the folders to there app names so on), but restoring 100+ manually fOok that)

now I did fix it, but I had to change permissions for DCIM and the PhotoData folder in media to 755 recursively.

also Both me and my brother have the iPhone 4 32GB models and for some reason on iOS4.1 it uses FolderSwitcher.png instead of the @2x versions, strange.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

I didnt restore at all. Just did a straight upgrade. had a couple bumps but im working 100% but without folderenchancer and i couldnt buy pkgbackup prior so i had to DL all my apps over again. Have it now thankfully so that will work.

No problems with camera, reboots, anything. Another great jailbreak! Thanks Geohot!

The mac link does not work. I have tried i=on mac and windows machines and confirm that mac link is not live

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delizaza23 View Post
    The mac link does not work. I have tried i=on mac and windows machines and confirm that mac link is not live
    yes it is just clicked on it...works perfect.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Same here.

yeah...limerain right...not greenpoison cause thats not for mac yet....right?

Greenpois0n for Mac was released a little bit ago. Anyone try it?
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

I am trying to understand this new jb? I have a i4 with upgraded os4.1. My phone was purchased unlocked from apple store Canada. I verified this by putting a sim from another carrier and it works fine. I limera!n my phone 1st time no issues that I can tell. Do I have to do anything to preserve my phone when 4.2 comes out?

Thanks

Just did it on 4.1 Thanks!
    In ancient China there is a legend that one day a child will be born from a dragon, grow to be a man, and vanquish evil from the land. That man is not Chuck Norris, because Chuck Norris killed that man.

it still does not work

Jailbreakme.com was a PDF exploit. I doubt there will be another one like it or if it will ever work for another firmware above 4.0.1. If you think limera1n or gp is confusing try using older version of JB tools ha u would not even know where to begin! Good luck!
    I've been jailbeaking since ZiPhone on the 2G models; it's nothing new to me.

However, I don't care to keep up with the latest info and requirements for new JB methods either, so I'm becoming pretty confused about all the baseband stuff, etc...

Plus, a lot of people are saying these new JB's just don't work. The release threads are littered with complaints.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast