Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: limera1n Now Available for Mac & PC

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure there's still nothing that will perform an untethered jailbreak for an iPod Touch 2G MC Model running iOS 4.1.

...That would be my iPod.
    Don't be hatin'.

Im new at this stuff. Be patient with me please, haha. So I updated my iphone to the newest version thinking that I could unlock it... but obviously I can't haha. So when can I put my tmobile sim card back in the iphone and use my phone. When the new jb comes out? When will that be? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSmartGuy View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's still nothing that will perform an untethered jailbreak for an iPod Touch 2G MC Model running iOS 4.1.

...That would be my iPod.
    Thanks, good to know I'm not the only one waiting for it..

Quote Originally Posted by buzter View Post
    Im new at this stuff. Be patient with me please, haha. So I updated my iphone to the newest version thinking that I could unlock it... but obviously I can't haha. So when can I put my tmobile sim card back in the iphone and use my phone. When the new jb comes out? When will that be? Thanks.
    You can jailbreak your iPhone( all models in pretty sure) using limera1n but you won't be able to unlock it for awhile..assuming that u updated ur iPhone through iTunes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FURBY8704 View Post
    will we be able to implement custom boot logos??
    ih8sn0w is working a sn0wbreeze update that will let you use custom boot logos.

Default iPhone 3G
    Can someone please quickly guide me on how to JB my iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1 without losing my Unlock.

aw limera1nexploit is boortom so it means that 3gs new bootrom users will be able to use new pwnage tool to make and use custom firmware. right?

Thanks

Spent 2 hours trying to get the windows version to work with my iPhone 4 with no luck. Had to restore and everything. I added everything back to my phone, music, contacts, apps, photos everything. Used the mac limera1n and it was jailbroke in 20 seconds.. Thanks Geohot

Has anyone had any problems jb with a mac? I tried to earlier and got stuck in recovery mode. The green rain drop appeared and then i got the connect to itunes screen and wouldnt do anything

Just tried again, the green rain drop appeared then i got error 2001 again and stuck in recovery mode! Someone help please!
    Last edited by BoostedEvoIX; 10-14-2010 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

UNIX Before Mac?! WOAH!
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

Ive had to restore 3 times already damn it! This **** isnt working at all. I do what it says and after the rain drop i get the message that itunes recognizes the phone in recovery mode and it gets stuck with the connect to itunes. Wtf this sucks!! i should have stayed on 4.0.1

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    Cool, though I still think I'd prefer Greenpois0n. Geohot just rubs me the wrong way, nowadays.
    Wether you use Greenpo1sn or Limera1n you are still using geohots hack so theres no point in saying ill use greenpo1sn as i hate geohot as greenpo1sn still uses the hack from geohot face the fact he has actually done the jb community a favour by allowing the devteam to hold back shatter which can be used in the 4.2 update

Has anybody had an issue with greenpois0n. My iphone 4 (4.02) failed to jailbreak when I used greenpois0n, It then got stuck in recovery mode.
    I tried everything to get it out of recovery mode, every time i tried the process again the same problem happened.

I used limera1n afterwards, it brought the phone out of recovery mode and jailbreaked it.
    I usually prefer to use a dev team exploite, but this time I had no choice!

Did you get stuck in recovery mode after using greenpois0n? If so you can just put your phone in dfu mode and use limera1n. I did not have to restore my phone when this happened to me.
    Last edited by alexp; 10-15-2010 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have a iPod touch mc on 4.0.1 2g and I can't find a jailbreak unless I wait for limera1n And jailbreak me don't work like everyone says it does is there anything out there

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    Ive had to restore 3 times already damn it! This **** isnt working at all. I do what it says and after the rain drop i get the message that itunes recognizes the phone in recovery mode and it gets stuck with the connect to itunes. Wtf this sucks!! i should have stayed on 4.0.1
    Once you have got that far the firmware is on the iPhone. Just use Umbrella or useRecBoot to kick it out of Recovery. Restore your settings and run Limera1n - sorted.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitone For This Useful Post:

buzter (10-15-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by silverhelios View Post
    Can someone please quickly guide me on how to JB my iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1 without losing my Unlock.
    You don't. Period. Wait for PwnageTool. Same thing for 3G S owners.
    Hmm...

@hitone. Can you explain in more detail what I would do because my iphone is having the same problem. I can't get past dfu mode. unlock means using other phone providers like tmobile, right?

attempting this now...wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hpwill View Post
    I have a iPod touch mc on 4.0.1 2g and I can't find a jailbreak unless I wait for limera1n And jailbreak me don't work like everyone says it does is there anything out there
    There is no jailbreak out for the MC models..
    ...We are in the same boat

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

has anyone have the same prob im having? the mac link is not working everytime i click on it nothing happens......solutions?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast