+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon, Other Carriers to Get iPhone as Soon as March

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
nice article messany cant wait for this day wonder if it will be the next gen model or the iphone4 that we currently have. i wonder if this means if
    My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

nice article messany cant wait for this day wonder if it will be the next gen model or the iphone4 that we currently have. i wonder if this means if they unlock the verizon iPhone will it be used on Sprint like the AT&T iPhone is used on T-Mobile now. this could make the android-ios battle a lot more interesting

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    nice article messany cant wait for this day wonder if it will be the next gen model or the iphone4 that we currently have. i wonder if this means if they unlock the verizon iPhone will it be used on Sprint like the AT&T iPhone is used on T-Mobile now. this could make the android-ios battle a lot more interesting
    "unlocking" CDMA phones and using them on another CDMA carrier while still getting full functionality is very difficult. CDMA phones are not like GSM phones, where as gsm phones share firmware and other features CDMA phones on each carrier have different firmware and model numbers and also different PRLs. I'm not saying it can't happen. It just won't near as easy as using AT&T phones on t mobile and vice versa.

BTW to the people that complain about the articles, use another site if you don't like what modmyi has to say. IMO.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob2G For This Useful Post:

soulthoughts (10-14-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

Uh oh, March is a lot later than I would have hoped. We're looking to upgrade our plan and Android is in our sights...

(I think I'll always have an iPod Touch, though)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dxe View Post
    Once CDMA customers see their iPhone experience is differnt than GSM customer - like talking on the phone and looking something up on the Internet - GSM carriers do look better....

Add that to the fact that LTE is coming on-line which will make the resale of year old CDMA iPhones crappy. I sold a 3G last month for $150 and a 3GS for almost $400. Try that with a year old LOCKED CDMA phone....
    i was thinking the samething too,but most consumers outhere don't do their homework to know the different.

Thanks

Wow, to little to late. Bell changed to gsm just to get the iPhone
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Green Apple
    Thanks

Nowhere in the iPad announcement does it say anything about the iPhone... It's interesting that the author has lept to that conclusion.

To those people saying that a CDMA iPhone would be unlocked and used on Sprint: The Verizon/Sprint systems that they use to activate new phones will not accept an ESN that is not already in their system. The computer will not allow the phone to be activated, even if you could get it unlocked (Worked for Sprint for 5 years)

The only other carrier that could possibly use it is Cricket, but they will allow anything...even (in some places especially) stolen phones. But they would have to re-flash the firmware, and I'm not sure how that would work since Apple would undoubtedly want full control over the firmware.
    Hear my sporadic ramblings: @liquidzoo on Twitter

Green Apple
    Thanks

What would MMi be without a verizon rumor. We'd actually gone a while without hearing one form Messany. Ya he had one about CDMA but its been a lil bit since he gave us one so blatantly titled. I was starting to miss my daily entertainment.

Thanks

I'll stick with my unlimited data plan with AT&T thank you . But I hope this helps out others who prefer Verizon . Its going to be a win win situation , unless your AT&T .

The 20th Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    stop it messany!
    Thank you +10000

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm all at&t !!! fukk tha rest!!!!people need too stop being cheap!! lucky for me , I got unlimted data on my iPhone 4 MyWi = awesome

Thanks

Don't think it will happen.

And for all of you that are "sick" of seeing such rumors, I don't think anyone is making you read this or comment on it.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to decke For This Useful Post:

Rob2G (10-14-2010), soulthoughts (10-14-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

Once CDMA customers see their iPhone experience is differnt than GSM customer - like talking on the phone and looking something up on the Internet - GSM carriers do look better....

Add that to the fact that LTE is coming on-line which will make the resale of year old CDMA iPhones crappy. I sold a 3G last month for $150 and a 3GS for almost $400. Try that with a year old LOCKED CDMA phone....
    You coulda got more for your 3G
    I just sold two for $300 each

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Since we are playing the rumor mill... if this were all true, wouldn't it make more sense for Apple to make a CDMA version of the iPad right now since there is no exclusivity contract instead of using Verizon's inferior mobile hotspot unit bundled with the iPad they are selling? It seems if the gears are turning for CDMA iPhones we would see the ipad be the "test run" of the data usage before the phone hits. I suppose one could argue that Apple may want to save their CDMA antennas all for iPhones, but I would think they have plenty of time to get things rolling by now to supply enough parts for the iPad now and the rumored iPhone in the future.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone DisneyRicky's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm tired of rumors and stuff...I want facts!
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

+1, totally agree
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
    I agree with you 100%. I also would like to see how Verizon's networks holds up to all the traffic. I'm not switching to another iPhone carrier until they are proven that they are better.
    I read a data analyst's report that Verizon Android users use more data than AT&T's iPhone users with less Android users in total. So, basically what it said was that Verizon's data network is well beyond handling an influx of iPhones. This is going to suck big time for Android phone manufacturers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone FURBY8704's Avatar
    Thanks

im sure the dev team would find a way to unlock the cdma phones...wouldnt be the first cdma phone to get unlocked

iPHONE 3G FW 4.0 JB & iPHONE 4 4.0 READY TO BE JB=]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FURBY8704 View Post
    im sure the dev team would find a way to unlock the cdma phones...wouldnt be the first cdma phone to get unlocked
    CDMA phones don't work that way. The cell company has to add your phone info into their system to work. You can't just adjust something and it work on the system. So it is up to the provider to say what phones they will allow on their system.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

any chance for sprint getting the iphones?

Thanks

just ready for this to happen already