+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Grooveshark 2.0 Now Available in Cydia

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Grooveshark 2.0 Now Available in Cydia

Music-streaming app Grooveshark is back on the iPhone with version 2.0, but don’t go looking for it in the App Store. Instead, it’s being released thought Cydia. A Grooveshark VIP subscription ($3/month) is required to use the app, but compared to other music-streaming apps such as Rhapsody or Napster, both of which are $10 a month, Grooveshark is a real steal. This update includes features that users have been requesting for some time. New features include:
    • Multitasking - so you can email, surf, and Groove without missing a beat
    • Genre radio - built in radio stations so you don’t even have to think about what to play on that long road trip
    • Better search - filter search results by songs, artists, albums, and playlists to help you find what you want faster
    • Personal radio - like a radio session you’ve started based on a Massive Attack song? Save that station as Massive Attack Radio, and come back to it instantly, anytime

Grooveshark has had a rocky relationship with Apple in the past. The music-streaming app was originally released though Cydia, but then Apple approved the app last August. A few days later, however, Apple pulled the app, stating they had received a complaint from Universal Music Group UK. The Grooveshark blog had this to say about the incident:

“This comes as an absolute surprise to us, and we are not sleeping until we figure out exactly how to fix this—and get Grooveshark for iPhone back in the App Store. Above all, our biggest concern is damaging the service we provide to all of you guys—our loyal (awesome) users.”

Since then, Grooveshark has been working diligently to get the app back into the App Store, but without success. Apple has made its position clear, Grooveshark is out, at least for now. Will music-streaming app Spotify have better luck than Grooveshark getting App Store approval? We’ll have to wait and see. For now, Grooveshark has a home with Cydia and I look forward to downloading it soon. Now all I need is the Mac version of Greenpois0n.

Source: TechCrunch

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wiley John Wright For This Useful Post:

reaves205 (10-14-2010), skizo (10-13-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hmmmm $3 of month does sound alot better then $10.

But doesn't MewSeek do all this?? And it's all FREE..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    Hmmmm $3 of month does sound alot better then $10.

But doesn't MewSeek do all this?? And it's all FREE..
    Seems illegit though considering you can get Let It Be for free when it's not even available legally for any price anywhere on the Internet.

Thanks

YES !!!!!!!!!!! 2.0 is out !!!!! i've been waiting for this forever. GROOVESHARK IS THE BEST invention ever. If you don't know what it is, use the web version its free, grooveshark.com ..

This is AMAZING... you can drive and just have a playlist of songs, they play so quickly. Gym, driving, walking, I hardly even sync mp3s to my phone anymore. Zunecast and Grooveshark and thats all u pretty much need. This is like pandora, cept you pick the songs you want. And every song is on it already, and it saves the last song u heard so you can go back and rehear it. Best app ever. Try the app for free for a little and then spend the 3$ if you agree w/ me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Seems illegit though considering you can get Let It Be for free when it's not even available legally for any price anywhere on the Internet.
    It's semi-legally.. Depends on which songs you use. The music is uploaded by users but they have record deals with some labels allowing some of the songs to be uploaded.. Problem is, not all labels are signed with Grooveshark

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There's a little false advertising here. The app sti doesn't use iOS multitasking... (unless I'm doing something wrong) Every time I close out of it, the music stops playing. It's one of the last reasons I have Backgrounder on my phone. It is the best music app around, hands down, though... I plan on paying 3 bucks a month for the rest of my life

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

I might have to give this a try. I like pandora, but would love to pick some of the songs
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks

I might actually get this because it sounds awesome for the car and boat...

Quote Originally Posted by onelegend View Post
    There's a little false advertising here. The app sti doesn't use iOS multitasking... (unless I'm doing something wrong) Every time I close out of it, the music stops playing. It's one of the last reasons I have Backgrounder on my phone. It is the best music app around, hands down, though... I plan on paying 3 bucks a month for the rest of my life
    Your little thing at the top says you have 3.1.2 os that's probably why it's not working. Unless you just haven't updated that thing for awhile like me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by youngbrammer View Post
    It's semi-legally.. Depends on which songs you use. The music is uploaded by users but they have record deals with some labels allowing some of the songs to be uploaded.. Problem is, not all labels are signed with Grooveshark
    No I'm talking about MewSeek. Not sure if you knew that or not?

Thanks

it's been out since yesterday. it's really really buggy tho. crashes a lot and loads really slowly (on wifi).

they did churn out a new fix today (less than 24 hrs after initial release). it only made the bugs worse, but they are still on top of their patches.

i'm going to pay the annual membership of $30 (u save 2 months) as soon as the app is fixed up

Quote Originally Posted by onelegend View Post
    when the v2.0.0 app came out yesterday, it did do multitasking just fine. plays in background. can be controlled by the little music controller thing ios4 uses. the new update 2.0.1 makes it crash so much that backgrounding doesn't really work anymore

i have faith tho. these guys know what they're doing. if u've ever used their 1.52 app it was fairly well done.
    Last edited by ihaveabu; 10-13-2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Napster is the best because you get unlimited downloads for $15.00 a month. All you have to do is run them through a DRM encryption ripper and songs are able to be placed in iTunes.

Napster FTW!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Awesome! Glad I told mmi to watch this website months ago! This is wonderful because they removed the old one when it became "official" for one day

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm using iOS 4 on my iPhone 4. I gotta change my profile stuff. Whenever I close out of the app, the music just fades away...

Thanks

I'd buy that for a dollar!
    Greenpois0n & limera1n are buggy pieces of crap that need a lot of work

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justinpotter81 View Post
    I'd buy that for a dollar!
    Greenpois0n & limera1n are buggy pieces of crap that need a lot of work
    ?? What does this app have to do with Greenpois0n & limera1n?
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

iPhone? More like MyPhone skizo's Avatar
    Thanks

The heck with Mewseek. It's a cumbersome pain in the arse.

I don't like having monthly fees either, but 10c/day is doable. It's at least worth testing out for a month.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Napster is the best because you get unlimited downloads for $15.00 a month. All you have to do is run them through a DRM encryption ripper and songs are able to be placed in iTunes.

Napster FTW!
    If you want unlimited downloads, there are plenty of cheaper ways to do that... and they're not even illegal (mostly).
    Don't be hatin'.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Looks like a nice update. I will download now

Thanks

Grooveshark is the best application. The best legal application that is. I mean 3 dollars a month. Its a steal!

Thanks

Ehhhhhh,? it's buggy!!! could b better,, and FREE haha