+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are iPhone 4s Too Easy to Break?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This is what happened to my iP4 after it slipped and dropped less than 20cm height, and I COULD NOT believe it, as I also thought that they are touch.
    Thanks

This is what happened to my iP4 after it slipped and dropped less than 20cm height, and I COULD NOT believe it, as I also thought that they are touch. yes ofcourse I do agree the case does protect it, but what do you do when all the Providers when iP4 came out did NOT have the Bumpers at their store and they BLUNTLY said we cannot say when they will arrive?

Yes very disappointing, but I was lucky enough that Pelephone, my provider replaced it after over 45min of negotiations on if they would or not after it being only 1.5 weeks old...!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

its called a case mate case.

Thanks

Yeah... No sympathy here. Put a case on the phone folks. Both the front and back are made of glass!! Glass has a tendency to crack when dropped. Stop carrying it in your back pocket!! You put stress on it when you sit down (I don't care how soft your butt cheeks are ladies.)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ReggieSmith For This Useful Post:

coolguy742 (10-14-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    Yeah... No sympathy here. Put a case on the phone folks. Both the front and back are made of glass!! Glass has a tendency to crack when dropped. Stop carrying it in your back pocket!! You put stress on it when you sit down (I don't care how soft your butt cheeks are ladies.)
    So why make it with glass on the back if you have to have it in a case all time to protect the glass from smashing? Why not make it of plastic and then if you don't to have a case fine it will be OK, if you want to have a case thats also fine.

Why design something that looks soo good but to use it you need to cover it up

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    I think the glass on the i4 is more fragile. Cause within the first few days the back of my i4 had a scratch on it already when I thought it was stronger.
    So right away a got an all around screen protector slapped it on and place my i4 inside a carbon fiber case I ordered off case-mate... So I don't think I'll be getting any more scratches any tie soon... The case is very durable when it comes down to getting dropped... I4 still in mint condition besides the lil scratch on the back of corse.
    The glass is actually stronger, it's just even thiner than the 3gS so it cracks and shatters easier.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ndproductions View Post

This is what happened to my iP4 after it slipped and dropped less than 20cm height, and I COULD NOT believe it, as I also thought that they are touch. yes ofcourse I do agree the case does protect it, but what do you do when all the Providers when iP4 came out did NOT have the Bumpers at their store and they BLUNTLY said we cannot say when they will arrive?

Yes very disappointing, but I was lucky enough that Pelephone, my provider replaced it after over 45min of negotiations on if they would or not after it being only 1.5 weeks old...!!
    Just for fun,
    I tried dropping my iPod from 20cm (linoleum tile)
    a moment ago and I couldn't find any discernible damage. I tried carpet, and it BOUNCED.
    I think your problem isn't so much the iPhone design as it is the fact that your floor is too hard.

Upgrade.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    What in the hell is your problem man? Why do you drop it so much? Are you retarded or something? Jeez!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondamaker View Post
    I think he has seizures of some sort. That's the only thing I can think of cause no one can be that clumsy or careless!
    I'm not retarded, nor do I have seizures. It's a piece of electronic equipment, not a fragile infant. Sorry, I don't coddle my phone and protect it like a small child, I use it. It's not a museum piece, it's just a phone.

Thanks

Srsly.. Either u take a good care of ur device or just by a case/screen protector. When I got my i4 I put on zagg invisible shield on it immediately. It was kinda hard to apply it and I screwed up the front but totally worth the protection. Haven't dropped it so far hard to tell of it would protect much against shattering. The only thing that has happened to is random scratches to the shield itself which I believe would be on the glass if no protector was there.

Thanks

Bottom line is that Apple has made something that can't be used under ordinary circumstances. Anything that has a 1:10 chance of breaking every time you pull it out to use it is rediculous. If you carry around a laptop, you drop it and it breaks, no one is too surprised since it is expected to be used in a stationary environment, sitting on a surface designed for it's use. Something that is expected to be used in a mobile environment, holding it against your head, with one hand presumes it may be dropped and it's reasonable to presume it will survive undamaged.

Those of you that keep posting stuff about pockets and walls, while correct, are raising non sequiturs: I don't recall a single complaint of a broken phone due to the negligent action of sitting on it or physically abusing it so stop posting as if that's the only reason a phone breaks. We all know that accidents happen and there's a huge difference between an accidental drop and sitting on it or dropping it in the pool since the latter two wouldn't come as a result of normal usage but an accidental drop would. And, as such, there's a reasonable expectation it won't have. 1:10 chance of shattering.

Aaaaaaack!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My iPhone had a bumper on it. I dropped it getting out of a vehicle from my lap to the concrete and it chipped the metal edge through the bumper. I also dropped it no less than two feet from the pavement and a nick came out from the back glass, similar to that of a dot. Needless to say, I bought an otterbox case immediately. I would take durability over elegance for my $200 cell phone any day.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think the iPhones are of strong as any other phone even though the iPhone 4 has glass on both sides. I dropped mine twice on it's face on concrete and not even a scratch.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Luckily I have a lowered truck so it didn't fall far.
    All my friends know the low rider
    The low rider is a little higher

14. The Following User Says Thank You to robogobo For This Useful Post:

mattdonut (10-15-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i work with toughened glass
    which is what the IP4 is made of
    and yes toughened glass is very strong and will withstand hammers and bricks etc thrown at it
    BUT toughened glasses weak point are the edges
    you can have a toughed unit the size of a door and it wont break
    but touch it on its bare corner and it will shatter without any effort..

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

nobody forced u to buy an iPhone so stop crying, get a rubber nextel if u don't like what u bought!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fredmandam View Post
    I think the iPhones are of strong as any other phone even though the iPhone 4 has glass on both sides. I dropped mine twice on it's face on concrete and not even a scratch.
    can you throw your iphone about 40 meters without it breaks ? :P i can do that with my normal mobile phone..
    i think an iphone 4 would break... maybye with a protection cover it can survive (:

sorry for my very bad english :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flaffiii View Post
    can you throw your iphone about 40 meters without it breaks ? :P i can do that with my normal mobile phone..
    i think an iphone 4 would break... maybye with a protection cover it can survive (:

sorry for my very bad english :P
    Have you tried dropping your "normal" phone from 30 kilometers?

iPhone in Space!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Better question. Is the iphone 4 otterbox as strong as the 3g/3gs otterbox?

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    Have you tried dropping your "normal" phone from 30 kilometers?

iPhone in Space!
    It parachuted inside a cushioned styrofoam box. Hardly dropped.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi
    I dropped the I phone 4 from the table to floor like 1 meter hi and without case nothing happen no scratch but the floor it's laminate wood so maybe that help I love the all amazing thing come with new I phone 4 and now I have use leather case hand made.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234