Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What's New In Cydia: MarkRead, BiteSMS Beta, NoLockScreen

Thanks
    Mark Read sounds great. I always wondered why Apple never had something like this built it.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm really surprised people don't get the "NoLockScreen" app lol. It is exactly what you think it is! When you install it the lock screen goes away. You hit the lock button on top and the screen goes black like always... if you hit the lock button or the power button you see your home screen... not the slide to unlock screen. How hard is that to get?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Mark Read... thank god... been waiting for this.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I'm really surprised people don't get the "NoLockScreen" app lol. It is exactly what you think it is! When you install it the lock screen goes away. You hit the lock button on top and the screen goes black like always... if you hit the lock button or the power button you see your home screen... not the slide to unlock screen. How hard is that to get?
    Could you do a review with screenshots?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (10-14-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    When The package description in Cydia is "disables the lock screen intelligently," I am lead to believe there is something special about the way it does this. What is so "intelligent" about this? How is it any different than setting auto-lock to never and using screendimmer (outside of the pricing factor)?

so do i need the newest firmware to use bitesms? i been using bite for awhile...
    Modding since 08.

I'm using bitesms 5.0 beta on my iPhone 4 on 4.0.1 and it works just fine

You can keep after trial with small advertising

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marksmanbrett View Post
    so do i need the newest firmware to use bitesms? i been using bite for awhile...
    No, you can keep using it on an earlier firmware, but from my understanding they are only going to be further developing the app for ios4.02+. If you like what you have, you dont have to update. If you want more in the future... I suggest an update.

gotta say I'm loving biteSMS!

working perfectly on iphone 4 4.1

Anyone's battery draining quicker than usual after installing biteSMS 5.0 beta?

Is there any reason to fear updating a paid for bitesms to the 5.0 beta? I've got a license, just don't want to flub it up if anything goes sour.
    HK-Z on Game Center

iPhone? More like MyPhone brbortscheller's Avatar
    Thanks

NoLockScreen is the only the one I like, and I TOTALLY DIG IT! :-)

Green Apple
    Thanks

For those of you that have tried rebooting the iPhone and refreshing the Cydia sources but still cannot download biteSMS because of error "Not Found," I think I may have the solution.

When I first added the source, I added it as "http://bitesms.com/cydia/beta5.0"

What I did to get it work was delete the source and add it as "http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta5.0"

Apparently without the "www." you will be able to see the package, but you will not be able to download it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisei View Post
    For those of you that have tried rebooting the iPhone and refreshing the Cydia sources but still cannot download biteSMS because of error "Not Found," I think I may have the solution.

When I first added the source, I added it as "http://bitesms.com/cydia/beta5.0"

What I did to get it work was delete the source and add it as "http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta5.0"

Apparently without the "www." you will be able to see the package, but you will not be able to download it.
    Yep that did it!

Thanks

I couldn't find any of it in cydia

Quote Originally Posted by eddietah View Post
    I couldn't find any of it in cydia
    DO you have the repo installed, if not log on to Cydia, go to Manage, Sources, upper right tap "edit", on top left tap on "add" then type in http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta5.0 then tap "add source" now check for bitesms in search

"Did not find repository" is the message I get.
    I have tried both with www and without.
    Any ideas
    iphone 4 4.1

Add the following Cydia Source: http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta5.0
    Not found!! Why??

Yeah i try to add the source and it wont let me neither.. I curently have bitesms installed and cant open the app because it crashes, but i can quick reply feature still.. Id like to upgrade to the beta version thats fully compatible with iOS 4.1, but it states source not found still

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast