+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.2 Beta 3 & iTunes 10.1 Beta 2 Available to Developers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
That was quick.
    Thanks

That was quick.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NessLookAlike View Post
    Same. Mostly.

If you haven't already, you should at least upgrade to (and then re-jailbreak) iPad iOS 3.2.1; I noticed after upgrading that I had significantly fewer app crashes, and other Safari-related shenanigans were fixed, once I updated. I would even say it was worth having to re-install Cydia apps. Just my two cents.

But yeah, my patience to avoid upgrading to 4.2 Beta 3 even without the jailbreak is wearing really thin.
    I really don't miss the jailbreak on my iPad these days. 4.2 gives it a significant boost in features, as well as all round performance. Things are much smoother and there's a bit more 'snap' to my iPad now. I'll definitely jailbreak it once 4.2 is made public, but for now I'm having fun trying out the new features.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by defdad View Post
    iPhone owners will gain the ability to print and maybe a few other minor things.
    Don't forget about airplay
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    if you're brave enough to install it let us know how it goes.i'll wait for my jailbreak & unlock lol.
    I'm a developer and I used 4.2 for about a week or two and found it is quite good. Although, the multitasking was a little bit slow, not to much, just an inch slow which was surprising. But I went back to 3.2.2 for my jailbreak

Thanks

anything good found yet?
    Tap on the Thanks button if I've helped at all..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

could any 4.2 beta tester plz share the new sms tones? cheers

Thanks

We can't share them as we can't ssh into the new iOS because it's not jailbroken.

Nick, did you have to enable anything for the new SMS tones? I loaded beta3 on a 3GS I have laying around and it still has just the 6 or 7 standard sounds.

Perhaps its an iPhone 4 add-on?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Same thing with me. I updated my 3GS and no new tones for SMS. Odd that it'd be limited to just iPhone 4. Any 3GS users have new tones?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

VLC automagically works in this release with no update to VLC.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suineg View Post
    VLC automagically works in this release with no update to VLC.
    When did it not? I don't remember having any issues at all with VLC. Granted, I do not use it all that much on my iPad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Oh no...I can't unlock 3G 4.1 yet and now there will be 4.2, just keep on waiting.

Thanks

Is the newer iTunes 10.1 beta 2 needed to update to the beta 3 *.ipsw?

Thanks

Apple must have listened to my latest nasty E-Mail when I said "please add some more f'n message tones for christ sakes!" Yah Apple...just hope they are not lame lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post

Right on time, Apple is now pushing iOS 4.2 Beta 3 and iTunes 10.1 Beta 2 to Apple Developers, just two weeks after the first release of beta 1.

As you can imagine, there are no documented changes yet, but as word spreads and developers dig inside, we'll be sure to share what's new. Word on the street is that the new Beta has a slight performance increase, of course nothing technical reported however. There has also been some discussion about this Beta having some new additional SMS tones to choose from on your iPhones.

November is right around the corner, and almost every iPad user is looking forward to this. We will keep you updated as usual.

UPDATE: Here is a screenshot of the new SMS tones added to Beta 3 for the iPhone.

Note: As always, if your not developer and want to maintain your newly jailbroken device, this is NOT for you. With any luck, iOS 4.2 will be jailbreakable shortly after it's release, or heck, even the same day.

iOS Dev Center - Apple Developer
    I thought 4.2 was already jailbreakable (final that is?) Limera1n is suppose to be infinity jailbreak.
    Last edited by Dayvidpriddy; 10-13-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Apple must have listened to my latest nasty E-Mail when I said "please add some more f'n message tones for christ sakes!" Yah Apple...just hope they are not lame lol.

I thought 4.2 was already jailbreakable (final that is?) Limera1n is suppose to be infinity jailbreak.
    4.2 will be jailbreakable with limera1n/greenpois0n. iOS updates are not jailbreakable right out of the box. Even though they will use the same exploit, each update requires minor changes to the jailbreak tool. New bundles and everything that are specific to the new iOS.

Don't worry, there WILL be a jailbreak for iOS 4.2 and the waiting game for it will only be a matter of days at most rather than the standard month or two for brand new jailbreaks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    4.2 will be jailbreakable with limera1n/greenpois0n. iOS updates are not jailbreakable right out of the box. Even though they will use the same exploit, each update requires minor changes to the jailbreak tool. New bundles and everything that are specific to the new iOS.

Don't worry, there WILL be a jailbreak for iOS 4.2 and the waiting game for it will only be a matter of days at most rather than the standard month or two for brand new jailbreaks.
    Ah, I didn't realize that infinity jailbreaks still had to be tweaked after a new iOS release, I assumed it would just immediately work. Thanks for the info though!

BTW...anyone know exact what part of November 4.2 will be released? I'm hoping the early part...
    Last edited by Dayvidpriddy; 10-13-2010 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone jabij1's Avatar
    Thanks

How about a new ultrasn0w for the 4.1 basebands (specifically 2.10.04 on the iPhone 4)? It will be available once 4.2 comes out correct?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jabij1 View Post
    How about a new ultrasn0w for the 4.1 basebands (specifically 2.10.04 on the iPhone 4)? It will be available once 4.2 comes out correct?
    While there has not been any confirmation of the details regarding a forthcoming unlock, they (muscle) has stated "there is also unlock on the horizon for at least some of you in 4.2"

Thanks

I found a vid on youtube that shows all the new text tones. I have to agree with the OP, they are quite long for SMS tones...

YouTube - Apple iOS 4.2 NEW Text Tones! Direct Audio/High Quality. I really only dig one of them.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

ill pass on the custom text tone unless i can make my own like i can regular ring tones
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12