Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows Phone 7: Tiles, not Apps

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    There have been countless tech blogs and tech websites that have given the thumbs up to windows phone 7. They are just like (some) of us, interested in tech related stuff. Android is nice but extremely messy and no upgrade path. With someone like Microsoft there will be minimum requirements that will most likely be met, everyone knows they play hardball. I think wp7 is neat simply because it's different. Fresh ideas are good things, that's how technology marches forward. The fact that they openly and humbly admitted in public they they've screwed the pooch for a long time in the mobile OS market shows that they have started to learn from their mistakes. That can only mean that the competition will take a much closer look to see what they are doing an it'll keep them on Thierry toes. So far all the devices they've demoed looked fantastic and many tech journalists have given much praise to the OS. I may not buy one, but I'll check it out for sure.
    I don't trust anything anyone writes about a new mobile OS until it is actually in the hands of joe public. That's what counts not fanboys drooling over a prototype they've been given. The fact it has some major omissions on the first release suggests MS are way behind in the coding and behind the 8 ball, and rushing out another OS like they always do without field testing adequately. We all know their track record on new releases, it's woeful. I wouldn't touch a first release of this. Sorry, I know MS too well and just don't trust them. And I've had first hand experience dealing with them. If only the public knew....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    bring on the competition.
    Yep ... we - the consumer - will benefit out of this competition.
    Price of a smartphone will go down.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    Yep ... we - the consumer - will benefit out of this competition.
    Price of a smartphone will go down.
    How is this serious competition when it's not just one step behind, but a freakin leap behind Android and ios? If it wants to be taken as a serious competitor then MS needs to lead, not follow. Every MS product line follows what other have done. They will lead innovation when they stop imitation!!!
    Last edited by Tyronal; 10-13-2010 at 09:10 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had a TyTnII before my 3GS and loved the customization of WinMo 6.1. out of the box it allowed more customisation than the 3gs non jailbroken.

I still prefer my iPhone, but if windowsphone 7 is greatly updated, it could be a serious alternative. I'll have to wait for a hands on before any definitive comment, but so far, that's my 2c.
    Last edited by LennyTheDub; 10-13-2010 at 11:09 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post
    How is this serious competition when it's not just one step behind, but a freakin leap behind Android and ios? If it wants to be taken as a serious competitor then MS needs to lead, not follow. Every MS product line follows what other have done. They will lead innovation when they stop imitation!!!
    It's not an imitation.
    It is an innovation.

The user interface is TOTALLY DIFFERENT with ios.
    No need to open an app to perform something.
    It's just there and tap it.
    You should watch the keynote in youtube.

I am no fanboys. I still love my iPhone.
    BUT .....
    I think Microsoft has come up with something better and it will force Apple to do better.
    Good thing about WinPhone 7, I am able to choose several different brands.
    I will not get stuck with 1 phone.

I think corporate users will benefit this product the most.
    Time to say "bye bye" to Blackberry.

There's already been some debate from developers about what's better for App development: Droid/Iphone/Windows Phone 7. Some developers are actually leaning toward Windows Phone 7 -- http://www.mutualmobile.com/2010/mut...ndows-phone-7/
    Last edited by jette; 10-14-2010 at 01:21 PM.

i have read quite a few reviews about Windows mobile 7 on various sites across the net and most seem to be having good/positive reviews about this OS. Seems like Microsoft has nailed it big time. Seeing various images and videos I actually like the UI over the now boring Apple iOS. And I won't need to jailbreak it to customize and actually make it usable.
    Last edited by saifeeab; 10-14-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: type error

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123