+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows Phone 7: Tiles, not Apps

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I kind of like the 'tiles.'
    Thanks

I kind of like the 'tiles.'

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I love my iphone 4 just as I have loved all the other iphones, but because I also have an obsession for new gadgets, I will definitely own a WP7 device (in addition to my iphone) to check it out. As long as Apple keeps putting out quality phones I'll always have one.

My absolute loyalty to only one phone is like saying I'm gonna wear the same pair of underwear for the rest of my life...It just ain't gonna happen!

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seann33uk View Post
    ok that advert was shite..
    thats was basically saying heres a town full of phone pressing dorks that have failed in life..
    Windows 7 Phone. A phone to Save you from your phone
    thats what i got from it

I do like how Microsoft is trying not to just follow Apple and the app store but making something new. Thats the only thing that will be able to compete. If a droid and blackberry can run the same apps as the iphone, then what really makes one phone better than the other.
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RandomAlec View Post
    ******* fanboys.

I hope modmyi.com also support Windows Phone 7. Stop hating and if you don't like the phone then do as you were and stick to your iPhone ****.
    Thats why we are on this site! This is modmyi as in i-device not modmywindows **** phone. If i dont like it then where would i go, maybe an apple site or forum... maybe one like this!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Antman217 For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (10-12-2010)

Thanks

I love the ad. It's sad but true. I'm on my phone all the time getting iPhone neck craning over my phone. My friends are just as bad. But I watched the keynote today and I'm starting to look for reasons to not want a WP7 to add to my phone collect. The OS has some very well thought out and put together features. MS is on the right track with their latest OS. A few updates and it will be a solid easy smartphone experience. iOS is still the best put together OS out IMO. Android is just a cluster F*** of abortions from manufactures of phones. But anyways watch the keynote if you have a hour to waste the punch line is *** but once they get into the features there's somethings that apple should adopted.

Thanks

People oh People. 'Tis was I who predicted that the Spirit Jailbreak would come out. Now people embrace the power of Windows 7 in your hands. Take the phone and PRAISE IT. PRAAAISE IT!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The only reason the wp7 is nice is because they have separate designs like android. iPhone on the otherhand only has one design 2 colors when it comes to the specific model. Did you guys see the new HTC HD 7

ADF
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I personally can't wait for this platform to go public and stir the competition pot. It's not much comp with just two up-to-date mobile operating systems (Android and iOS) and two other seemingly neglected platforms (RIM and Symbian). Honestly the iPhone OS is getting a little tired IMO and Android is way to under monitored and fragmented with carrier skins and updates. Hopefully WP7 will shine some of that old Microsoft light on the new mobile game.
    This message was K1NG approved.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arabprince View Post
    The only reason the wp7 is nice is because they have separate designs like android. iPhone on the otherhand only has one design 2 colors when it comes to the specific model. Did you guys see the new HTC HD 7
    my guess is it will also have the same update problems that they android is facing now. Because everything is not done in-house, when microsoft updates wp7 to wp7.1, it will take a long time to get out to other devices.

Twitter: @tshoults

Thanks

Now I know what my next phone is going to be.

Good ad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teoyaomqui View Post
    Now I know what my next phone is going to be.

Good ad.
    If that ad (which didn't even show you the OS, btw) sold you.. you're exactly the type of mindless buyer WinMo usually attracts.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to reanimationxp For This Useful Post:

Tyronal (10-13-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RandomAlec View Post
    ******* fanboys.

I hope modmyi.com also support Windows Phone 7. Stop hating and if you don't like the phone then do as you were and stick to your iPhone ****.
    Quote for truth. Not that I hate iPhones or not I won't be here, but at least not be some devoted fanboy that tries very hard to find an imperfection or flaw and criticises every other phone that comes out except Apple's. iPhone has it's own flaws, we all have to accept that.

More competition = consumers benefit anyway. Imagine if Apple dominated the smartphone market. Pure disaster.

PS: this post isn't targeted to any specific person, just a general statement.
    Last edited by aqualeris; 10-13-2010 at 02:59 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default About right
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatoTheForms View Post
    ^ The iphone experience in a windows phone 7? do you mean will it be as revolutionary as the iphone or the amount of apps or what?

If you want an iphone experience keep your iphone
    I am an Apple fanboy although I have many complaints about their policy or other missguided behaviour they have. I was actually refering to the last part of the original post:

The goal for Microsoft’s latest smartphone is an ambitious one: to deliver a phone that truly integrates the things people really want to do, puts those things right in front of them, and either lets them get finished quickly or immerses them in the experience they were seeking
    It can't possibly be revolutionary, Nokia has tiles on it's home screen and their apps seem more like java script applets rather than actual code running inside the CPU, from my point of view WP7 phone is nothing new to the table besides the weird homescreen appearance.

Also I love displaying text really small so that I can fit more information on my phone screen, I'm not really passionate about people from 100 feet away being able to read and see whatever the heck I'm doing on my phone...

Quote Originally Posted by aqualeris View Post
    Quote for truth. Not that I hate iPhones or not I won't be here, but at least not be some devoted fanboy that tries very hard to find an imperfection or flaw and criticises every other phone that comes out except Apple's. iPhone has it's own flaws, we all have to accept that.

More competition = consumers benefit anyway. Imagine if Apple dominated the smartphone market. Pure disaster.

PS: this post isn't targeted to any specific person, just a general statement.
    You are absolutely right and it's also my opinion that competition will force Apple to become even more inventive, open minded and straightforward about this market.
    Apple has nice products, for a spicy price even but their worth it, if you want to have a cool phone that does everything you ask it to do in a second, clear and nice display, stilish bodywork and crazy good applications and you're willing to pay Apple the price for it it's ok. If not, maybe you can search for a cheeper alternative (Android, WP7, Nokia) and have almost the same but for less money.

If this competiotion is going to go somewhere nice for the users it's the fact that as much as the vendors develop and grow their smartphones to achieve or overcome iPhones, Apple will keep strugling to offer better iPhones with more functions and maybe build some cheeper variants so that ALL can enjoy this brand.

I really encourage my friends (in Europe) to buy Android and WP7 phones sollely for this purpose, especially if one comes to me mind made about an Android, I won't even try to change his decission.
    Last edited by saibarspeis; 10-13-2010 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

From my experience with windows mobile (a few years back admittedly) "it's time for a phone to save us from out phones" will mean dropped calls needing a full power down and reboot, by which time I'm doing something else and forget to call back.

I've not kept up with windows mobile for a long time, but once bitten twice shy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    When u have a Retina display....why WOULDNT u want to stare at it all day! It's like having a beautiful girl in front of you, you don't want to "glance and go"! U wanna keep looking!
    Dude, seriously, you need to get out more.
    Apple + AT&T + U.S. Government = George Orwell's Big Brother

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmsch For This Useful Post:

saifeeab (10-14-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

If this is anything like WP6 then it will fail. Five updates to that OS and it was still crashing randomly, right out of the box!!!!! M$, the kings of mediocrity. How can anyone say this is great until it is in the hands of the consumer? I remembered the same hype with OS6 and it ended up dragging windows phone down further. Really when will M$ innovate instead of imitate? I will save my judgement on WP7 until I can see it in my hand!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Luna View Post
    So now there is a "token black guy" in advertisements or am I the only one to notice that?
    lol

I'm a white guy and while watching that I was like, "Where the black people at?"

(BTW, that was said in my best Blazing Saddles, "Where da white women at?" tone)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to AUZambo For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (10-13-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    When u have a Retina display....why WOULDNT u want to stare at it all day! It's like having a beautiful girl in front of you, you don't want to "glance and go"! U wanna keep looking!
    OK.

If you had these in front of you:

a) an iPhone playing MSFT's dork patrol ad
    b) a Win7 smart phone with a tile of a beautiful girl

Which would you choose to stare at all day long?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

apple FTW.....ad sucked... end of discussion.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post
    If this is anything like WP6 then it will fail. Five updates to that OS and it was still crashing randomly, right out of the box!!!!! M$, the kings of mediocrity. How can anyone say this is great until it is in the hands of the consumer? I remembered the same hype with OS6 and it ended up dragging windows phone down further. Really when will M$ innovate instead of imitate? I will save my judgement on WP7 until I can see it in my hand!!
    There have been countless tech blogs and tech websites that have given the thumbs up to windows phone 7. They are just like (some) of us, interested in tech related stuff. Android is nice but extremely messy and no upgrade path. With someone like Microsoft there will be minimum requirements that will most likely be met, everyone knows they play hardball. I think wp7 is neat simply because it's different. Fresh ideas are good things, that's how technology marches forward. The fact that they openly and humbly admitted in public they they've screwed the pooch for a long time in the mobile OS market shows that they have started to learn from their mistakes. That can only mean that the competition will take a much closer look to see what they are doing an it'll keep them on Thierry toes. So far all the devices they've demoed looked fantastic and many tech journalists have given much praise to the OS. I may not buy one, but I'll check it out for sure.
    HK-Z™ on Game Center