Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: greenpois0n released!

Thanks

What's that? The dev team released buggy software? Oh no. All of you that are *** for the dev team; are you going to cheat on them with geohot? What a fantastic soap opera !!!
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by golfpro1980 View Post
    JB with greenpoison this morning. everything went fine. Reinstalled all my cydia apps and stuff but i have found that the sbsettings, remove all backround apps, everytime i try to use that phone crashes and restarts. I have tried reinstalling sbsettings. All of then other things work fine. Anyone else having this issue?
    The RemoveBackground tweak isn't 4.1 compatible. It crashes the springboard for me too when I try to use it. I posted a thread asking if there are similar tweaks, but no one has replied yet

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

when will it come out for mac
    dont you hate it when someones signature looks like someones post?

what a game

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    No unlock for 4.1. Do not upgrade to 4.1 if you need an unlock..wait for BB unlock update or pwnagetool release i believe this sunday it will be out.

Via Twitter @MuscleNerd
    For AppleTV 2G users, the goal is for PwnageTool to cover you by Funday/Sunday (but still very limited app capability)
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I have a 3GS updated to 4.1 using Snowbreeze preserving the old baseband which allowed me to unlock my phone using Ultrasnow.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    What are you talking about? It IS Limera1n in a different GUI package. Same bootrom exploit... same iBoot exploit. Geohot had 4 releases in 24 hours. CDT had 3 releases in 5 hours to iron out tiny bugs. It all works now.
    But geo's release was knocked out in days, not weeks. No preference to me who releases it. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by pxcolletti10 View Post
    @vantheman169 and everyone else firmware 4.1 IS jailbreakable AND you CAN unlock it an use it on other carriers!!! I am runnig iOS 4.1 on my iPhone 4 with baseband 1.59.00 and unlocked with ultrasnow afterwards and workd like a charm!
    This post did not tell readers that they have to take steps to preserve the 1.59.00 baseband when upgrading to 4.1. Will you please edit it? With my forum settings, it's on the first page and very prominent. Hopefully you haven't caused too many people to jump the gun.
    Last edited by CZroe; 10-12-2010 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by volvik View Post
    Thanks for the guide, iphone 4 on 4.1. Backed up my shsh via TU but was unsure of how to backup my BB. In point 4 u say click Restore. This will just backup the BB....it won't restore the device back to factory defaults and wipe all my stuff off?

still learning....
    First Backup ur phone with itunes so you have all ur stuff.
    Run TU....make sure it detects ur phone....click advanced option...select the current SHSH u want (i.e. 4.1)....click save SHSH. Make sure you dont get any errors when done. Now ur SHSH are saved on ur PC.
    Click Run TSS server....keep TU running....open iTunes and start ur restore process....After finishing restore u will probably get an error message saying restore failed....thats ok....go back to the TU program running behind and click on "Kick my device out of recovery" button. And thats it....u should now have a phone with OS4.1 but with the old baseband.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saifeeab For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (10-12-2010), Poseidon79 (10-12-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by coqui258 View Post
    I thought from what I read when Shatter was first talked about that it's an exploit that would jailbreak the phone without worrying about software upgrades because the exploit can only be closed by hardware upgrades? Am I dreaming this? Anyone hear this? If that's so, how is NOT releasing it saving it?
    Because Apple would fix it in the ones they continue manufacturing. Remember the iPhone 3GS new/old bootrom and iPod Touch 3G mc/non-MC debacle after 24Kpwn? Very few iPhone 3GS units have had an exploitable bootrom since that happened... until now. Why would we burn TWO such exploits at once and cheat many future users out of a jailbreak? If the iPad truly is refreshed by the end of the year, it would mean that it may never have a bootrom exploit. The AppleTV has only just gotten started and it would mean that only the earliest units sold would be bootrom-exploitable (pretty important when a user can't run the same apps for potential userland exploits). Until it is properly jailbroken and cool apps are made for it, most of us don't have a reason to get an AppleTV, so it would be an even bigger shame if only the earliest few were JB-able.
    Last edited by CZroe; 10-12-2010 at 10:57 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (10-12-2010)

Glad they did they right thing and saved the shatter xploit

Quote Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
    Very good news, I'm looking forward to upgrading to 4.1!

Question:

I'm currently jailbroken on 4.0.1 (iPhone 4). If I do a backup, and then restore to 4.1, jailbreak, and then restore my backup, will it retain all my saved games / SMS / Etc? and still be jailbroken? I'm used to always restoring and then jailbreaking and not restore anything from backup, but I always lose my saved games...

I don't want to lose all my progress in games again... any advice would be much appreciated
    Get pkgbackup and of course make sure you run it. It will tell you to update itunes which you should. Then you can proceed with the new JB of choice, once you get cydia installed on new JB first app to download should be pkgbackup, make sure you look under settings and have the layout on and it will restore all your programs, all settings and the layout you had when you did the backup initially from the pkgbackup.

Quote Originally Posted by stizzi View Post
    What an epic fail by the Dev team... Geo released a bug free version with no ramdisk issues...

Dev team could have saved this for the new hardware upgrade.
    If you don't know what you're talking about or are even unsure at all, please just don't say anything. It confuses others and spreads misinformation. Not to mention makes you look like an idiot. Save yourself the embarrassment.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seh6183 For This Useful Post:

Funked (10-12-2010), Poseidon79 (10-12-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by volvik View Post
    Thanks for the guide, iphone 4 on 4.1. Backed up my shsh via TU but was unsure of how to backup my BB. In point 4 u say click Restore. This will just backup the BB....it won't restore the device back to factory defaults and wipe all my stuff off?

still learning....
    You can't backup the baseband. All you can do is run the TSS server to update to 4.1 through iTunes without it connecting to Apple for the baseband SHSH files. Then it will fail and your device goes into recovery mode. Kick it out by running TinyUmbrella again and ckick the button that does that.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post:

volvik (10-12-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    Awesome, perhaps I'll jailbreak now. I was not going to use Geohot's jailbreak... My trust is with the Dev Team.
    Oh well then you should definitely use this DEV TEAM jailbreak lol

Quote Originally Posted by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz View Post
    im dissapointed, i had no problem with limera1n even beta1, but for some reason after like 10 attempts i still have no cydia after restoring and trying to pois0n... weird...

lol ive been sitting here wondering y cydias not appearing, it seems that the ramdisk doesnt run on some systems...
    If you were already jailbroken with limera1n, why did you decide to re jailbreak with GP???

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seh6183 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (10-12-2010), saifeeab (10-12-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by gthugballin View Post
    What's that? The dev team released buggy software? Oh no. All of you that are *** for the dev team; are you going to cheat on them with geohot? What a fantastic soap opera !!!
    When did the DEV team release a buggy jailbreak?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seh6183 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (10-12-2010), WCR46 (10-13-2010)

Sort of a random question, but I figure this is the best place to ask given the topic (it doesn't really deserve its own thread).

When restoring firmware after a jailbreak, for instance, the thing that bothers me the most is syncing my music back to my iPhone. Is there an app or software than can back up my iPhone playlist so I don't have to go through every time and re-add my music manually?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by natim View Post
    Get pkgbackup and of course make sure you run it. It will tell you to update itunes which you should. Then you can proceed with the new JB of choice, once you get cydia installed on new JB first app to download should be pkgbackup, make sure you look under settings and have the layout on and it will restore all your programs, all settings and the layout you had when you did the backup initially from the pkgbackup.
    Is this the only method of having all saved games still intact? I thought pkgbackup was for Jailbroken apps (which I only have a few and don't need to backup).

My method of backup in iTunes, restore to 4.1, jailbreak, restore from backup wouldn't work?
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

Quote Originally Posted by PaintTheSkyGrey View Post
    Sort of a random question, but I figure this is the best place to ask given the topic (it doesn't really deserve its own thread).

When restoring firmware after a jailbreak, for instance, the thing that bothers me the most is syncing my music back to my iPhone. Is there an app or software than can back up my iPhone playlist so I don't have to go through every time and re-add my music manually?
    Your playlists and music are all stored in iTunes. After your restore you should just have to sync with iTunes and it will pull all of your music and playlists back onto the phone just the way they were pre-restore.

Make sure you sync before the restore obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
    Is this the only method of having all saved games still intact? I thought pkgbackup was for Jailbroken apps (which I only have a few and don't need to backup).

My method of backup in iTunes, restore to 4.1, jailbreak, restore from backup wouldn't work?
    "Appbackup" is for AppStore apps. It's on cydia.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to seh6183 For This Useful Post:

Rounder (10-12-2010)

hi guys, wonder if you could help me ive ip4 factory unlock and jailbroken, i want to upgrade to 4.1 and baseband aswell but itunes is coming up with 'error1004' tried restore but still comes with error, just upgraded gf's 3gs to 4.1 on same computer with itunes and no problems,so i no its something to do with my jailbreak im not looking to rejailbreak yet just want it back to normal ip4 any ideas please?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast