+ Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: greenpois0n released!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by chberain would this interfere with my3G app from cydia, cause since Updated my firmware and jb with Limera1n my3G for FaceTime ain't working anymore. Hope this get
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chberain View Post
    would this interfere with my3G app from cydia, cause since Updated my firmware and jb with Limera1n my3G for FaceTime ain't working anymore. Hope this get fix soon, that was the whole reason I wanted to jb.
    I don't know if this is happening with anyone else, but I jailbroke with limera1n and used aptbackup and pkgbackup to restore my apps. What I noticed was that my cydia apps had icons and everything, but that the apps themselves weren't installed on the phone anymore. So what I thought was an app not working because of the jb or OS upgrade turned out to just be me needed to actually reinstall that app. Worked for my3G - Facetime works fine - and a few others like iFile and Rename. (some ACTUALLY aren't compatible at the moment though, like Folder Enhancer and Background Remover)
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no it happened to me to

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What I think is a truly epic fail is a tweet by Geo:

"_Geohot

#GreenPois0n DOWNLOAD #JAILBREAK 4.1 NOW Miss Tennessee Rachel Smith Crowned New Miss USA | Bumpshack.com Postcards or emailed postcards are best reward "

The link is not to the GP site, but to a site that talks about Miss Tennessee winning Miss USA in 2007.

Thanks

Fail

Thanks

Geohot is no longer on Twitter. That is a fake account as already mentioned.

Tweeted by @MuscleNerd

"geohot is not on twitter in any form...don't be duped!"
    Last edited by Baz1205; 10-12-2010 at 05:57 AM.
    Baz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Double click the greenpois0n icon to run it, <<<< Half of you probably didnt do that! Double click it should work people. Thats why they posted directions. FOLLOW THEM!

Read more about How to Jailbreak Firmware 4.1 iPhone 3GS/4, iPad, iPod Touch 3G/4G with greenpois0n by modmyi.com

Thanks
    Thanked 14,162 Times in 6,637 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pxcolletti10 View Post
    Damn that sucks.. Might be a dumb question but have you tried to preserve the BB with tiny umbrella yet? Im sure you probably have. I cant understand why it wouldnt work for the 3gs and the tool is only for the 4g in the way of preservation.. Hmm??
    It only works on the iPhone 4 because the iPhone 4 uses a SHSH system similar to that of the normal SHSH for the baseband as well. So all tiny umbrella is doing is supplying the firmware SHSH and not the baseband SHSH. So when it comes time in the itunes restore to update the baseband it fails. This is not possible on a 3GS because a 3GS does not use SHSH for the baseband.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    It only works on the iPhone 4 because the iPhone 4 uses a SHSH system similar to that of the normal SHSH for the baseband as well. So all tiny umbrella is doing is supplying the firmware SHSH and not the baseband SHSH. So when it comes time in the itunes restore to update the baseband it fails. This is not possible on a 3GS because a 3GS does not use SHSH for the baseband.
    Word.

Thanks
    Hi,
    No i get the same
    Notstrong

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSI70Y's Avatar
    Thanks

has any one actually got this to work. it doesnt work on my x64 win 7 machine or my x86 win xp

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Damn! I think i messed up! on an iPhone 4, I used Limera1n to jailbreak after restoring to 4.1 via iTunes bypassing the tiny umbrella step So my BB is 2.10.04 now. Am I out of luck with an unlock forever?

Also, Why does it say "what's jailbreak" below my forum screen name lol? Is that by count of posts or something? I'm not an expert but i'm not THAT green either lol

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

mac????

Thanks

wow no mac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

RC3 of greenpois0n is now out. Let's see if this one works.
    Baz

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSI70Y's Avatar
    Thanks

worked for me

Thanks

Yes RC3 of greenpois0n works on my iPhone 4 4.1 with Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
    Baz

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

wow

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPod 2G support! This is better than limera1n! I hope it comes sunday, or earlier.

Thanks

Why bother to release when all it is is GeoHot's JB?

~Tim

If I have helped you then thank me.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    I don't know if this is happening with anyone else, but I jailbroke with limera1n and used aptbackup and pkgbackup to restore my apps. What I noticed was that my cydia apps had icons and everything, but that the apps themselves weren't installed on the phone anymore. So what I thought was an app not working because of the jb or OS upgrade turned out to just be me needed to actually reinstall that app. Worked for my3G - Facetime works fine - and a few others like iFile and Rename. (some ACTUALLY aren't compatible at the moment though, like Folder Enhancer and Background Remover)
    While I am not certain about this, I have a feeling that one/some of the packages you reinstalled using apt/pkg backup is causing this because it/they are not yet coded to support iOS 4.1. On new versions of iOS, certain paths may be changed or files renamed, both of which could cause quite annoying errors when mixed with incompatible Cydia packages. My advice to you would be to do a complete restore and jailbreak again, but this time just install the cydia packages one or two at a time so that you can notice which, if any, packages are causing this to happen.

Apt/Pkg backup is a very helpful feature; I have pkgbackup myself. However, when relatively significant updates are released (3.1, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, etc.) it is always best to install the packages manually until you are certain everything has been updated to support the current iOS.