Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: greenpois0n released!

@vantheman169 and everyone else firmware 4.1 IS jailbreakable AND you CAN unlock it an use it on other carriers!!! I am runnig iOS 4.1 on my iPhone 4 with baseband 1.59.00 and unlocked with ultrasnow afterwards and workd like a charm!

MOD NOTE: Iphone 4 you can use tiny umbrella to preserve your baseband to unlock on 4.1. With iphone 3gs there is no such thing as preserving baseband with tinyumbrella. Not until they release pwnagetool or an unlock is released for 4.1 please dont mis inform people. I only responded to that question because he said he had a 3gs!
    Last edited by soulthoughts; 10-13-2010 at 01:01 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deaf_Raiders View Post
    having look at the source code:

Code:
    All that tells us is there is no download link for windows lol. Like others have said, CDT pulled it from the site for now until they fix the no-Cydia bug.

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unholy3000 View Post
    Sweet also can you unlock on iphone 3gs im jailbroken on 4.0 with my shsh backed up
    Just use snowbreeze to cook a custom 4.1 FW and download ultrasn0w to unlock

I thought from what I read when Shatter was first talked about that it's an exploit that would jailbreak the phone without worrying about software upgrades because the exploit can only be closed by hardware upgrades? Am I dreaming this? Anyone hear this? If that's so, how is NOT releasing it saving it?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pxcolletti10 View Post
    @vantheman169 and everyone else firmware 4.1 is jailbreakable and you can unlock it an use it on other carriers!!! I am runnig ios 4.1 on my iphone 4 with baseband 1.59.00 and unlocked with ultrasnow afterwards and workd like a charm!
    once again please know what your talking about. Iphone 4 you can use tiny umbrella to preserve your baseband to unlock on 4.1. With iphone 3gs there is no such thing as preserving baseband with tinyumbrella. Not until they release pwnagetool or an unlock is released for 4.1 please dont mis inform people. I only responded to that question because he said he had a 3gs!

Quote Originally Posted by unholy3000 View Post
    Sweet also can you unlock on iphone 3gs im jailbroken on 4.0 with my shsh backed up
    Last edited by vantheman169; 10-12-2010 at 06:24 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

soulthoughts (10-13-2010)

I'm sorry but whats the point of GreenPois0n again? I'm running 4.1 jailbroken with 01.59.00 BB on my iPhone 4. Wasn't the whole point of Greenpois0n to jailbreak iPhone 4s??

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chberain View Post
    would this interfere with my3G app from cydia, cause since Updated my firmware and jb with Limera1n my3G for FaceTime ain't working anymore. Hope this get fix soon, that was the whole reason I wanted to jb.
    Just download facebreak 1.15 updated to work with 4.1 although I've heard reports from others needing go have wifi on (but not connected necessarily) to get rid of "please connect to a wifi network" when running FT on 3G/edge. It's inconvenient but at least it works sans this bug

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    Awesome, glad they eventually got it pushed out. I still feel kinda bad for them after GeoHotz stealing the spotlight, but it was by far the right move to save SHAtter. So well done @chronicdevteam! It's a pitty about the bug (not installing Cydia for some people), but hey, it's the initial release. Limera1n had 4 BETA's pushed out within minutes after the release lol.

I may use Greenpois0n sometime this week, after the bugs have been ironed out. Although, I haven't had a single problem with limera1n (yet? lol), so there isn't much need for me to use Greenpois0n. If it had an option for custom boot logos, then I'd defo use it. I was excited about hearing that lmera1n/GP were bootrom exploits, I've never had a custom boot logo!

Question time: I asked CDT and p0sixninja this on twitter, but they haven't replied yet. Do you guys know if I would have to do a clean restore/restore from backup to use GP if I already have limera1n? Or can I just run GP over it, without restoring, and will it replace limera1n? I'm guessing I'll have to restore, which is another reason pushing me away from using GP. I told myself that if I made it ra1n, I'd just get a nice theme and some tweaks to keep me going until GP was released. Now I'm sitting here with my iPhone 4 almost exactly the way I want it, I couldn't resist getting all my favourite apps/tweaks! I'll let the story pan out over this week and see what benefits GP has over limera1n. Thanks!
    If you do switch over, I recommend using PkgBackup off of cydia, it's $4.99 but wll worth it. It creates a backup of all your packages and saves it into a contact on your phone so that you can then restore all packages at a later time or even on another phone.

PKGBACKUP - User Guide

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    once again please know what your talking about. Iphone 4 you can use tiny umbrella to preserve your baseband to unlock on 4.1. With iphone 3gs there is no such thing as preserving baseband with tinyumbrella. Not until they release pwnagetool or an unlock is released for 4.1 please dont mis inform people. I only responded to that question because he said he had a 3gs!
    Riskingkazuya05
    With the iPhone 4 you can do it and I wont argue with you for the 3gs because i have not tried it yet.. I am going to try it on my wifes tonight and let you know if this is possible. Above, riskingkazuya05 states there is a pwnage tool to unlock and jailbreak on the 3gs, but im not aware of that neither so idk. We dont need unlocks as we are on At&t, but I like having them because the value of the phone is higher that way

Thanks

Riskingkazuya05
    With the iPhone 4 you can do it and I wont argue with you for the 3gs because i have not tried it yet.. I am going to try it on my wifes tonight and let you know if this is possible. Above, riskingkazuya05 states there is a pwnage tool to unlock and jailbreak on the 3gs, but im not aware of that neither so idk. We dont need unlocks as we are on At&t, but I like having them because the value of the phone is higher that way
    I used PWnagetool to jailbreak to 4.0.1 and unlocked using ultrasn0w..anything past 4.0.2 your baseband gets updated with stock 4.1 firmware, therefore you either have to have an iphone 4 to use tinyumbrella to preserve your baseband, or you have to use pwnagetool which has not been updated by the iphone dev team yet to support cooked firmware for 4.1 thus preserving your baseband. Believe me i would have already jb to 4.1 if i could preserve my Baseband on my iphone 3gs =)

Quote Originally Posted by bubby8ball View Post
    If you do switch over, I recommend using PkgBackup off of cydia, it's $4.99 but wll worth it. It creates a backup of all your packages and saves it into a contact on your phone so that you can then restore all packages at a later time or even on another phone.

PKGBACKUP - User Guide
    I use apt backup and it worked fine for me after backup and restore, but i do like this for the fact that you said you can restore packages on other phones.. But how? It just saves as a contact and thats it??

maybe i stupid question but,
    What it the difference between this one and Limera1n for my iphone 4, 4.1?

I used PWnagetool to jailbreak to 4.0.1 and unlocked using ultrasn0w..anything past 4.0.2 your baseband gets updated with stock 4.1 firmware, therefore you either have to have an iphone 4 to use tinyumbrella to preserve your baseband, or you have to use pwnagetool which has not been updated by the iphone dev team yet to support cooked firmware for 4.1 thus preserving your baseband. Believe me i would have already jb to 4.1 if i could preserve my Baseband on my iphone 3gs =)
    Damn that sucks.. Might be a dumb question but have you tried to preserve the BB with tiny umbrella yet? Im sure you probably have. I cant understand why it wouldnt work for the 3gs and the tool is only for the 4g in the way of preservation.. Hmm??

Thanks

Damn that sucks.. Might be a dumb question but have you tried to preserve the BB with tiny umbrella yet? Im sure you probably have. I cant understand why it wouldnt work for the 3gs and the tool is only for the 4g in the way of preservation.. Hmm??
    Not sure but this Tweet is from the guy that made tinyumbrella so i am pretty sure he knows what he is talking about.

@notcom semaphore
    All for the Nth time - Umbrella cannot protect ANY but the iPhone 4 baseband. Please don't try it in 3G/3GS and then tell me it failed.
    10 Oct Favorite Retweet Reply

Quote Originally Posted by sf-iphone View Post
    maybe i stupid question but,
    What it the difference between this one and Limera1n for my iphone 4, 4.1?
    Anyone please coorect me if i am wrong, but really there isnt much of a difference.. Limera1n was released a day before greenpois0n and stole all the thunder of the CDT, and thus stoppig them from releasing greenpois0n using the SHAtter exploit.. Since CDT made the right choice to just implement geohots Limera1n exploit into greenpois0n rather than reveal two exploits to Apple at once, greenpois0n and Limera1n are prettt much the same with no main difference

17. The Following User Says Thank You to pxcolletti10 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (10-12-2010)

What an epic fail by the Dev team... Geo released a bug free version with no ramdisk issues...

Dev team could have saved this for the new hardware upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by coqui258 View Post
    I thought from what I read when Shatter was first talked about that it's an exploit that would jailbreak the phone without worrying about software upgrades because the exploit can only be closed by hardware upgrades? Am I dreaming this? Anyone hear this? If that's so, how is NOT releasing it saving it?
    SHAtter finds a bootrom exploit that can jailbreak all A4 chip based iproducts. This is a hardware exploit so it is immune to firmware upgrades. However, this method of jailbreak is tethered so you're iproduct needs a computer to reboot and still be jailbroken. @comex uses a second userland exploit to "untether" the jailbreak. The second exploit is what Apple can patch causing a tethered jailbreak only or forcing @comex to produce a new method for untethering SHAtter.

Since Limera1n also uses a bootrom exploit (different one) to create a tethered jailbreak for all A4 iproducts regardless of firmware, and @comex's userland exploit to "untether" it, the dev team decided revealing one bootrom exploit was far better than revealing both. Since SHAtter was saved, Apple doesn't know about it, and the exploit could potentially still be there in the next generation of devices (A4+ chip).

Thanks

Ya the only difference between the 2 jailbreaks right now is limera1n works to jb and greenpois0n does not. It has been pulled from greenpois0n - Mmmm...pois0n probably to fix the no cydia bug.

Not sure but this Tweet is from the guy that made tinyumbrella so i am pretty sure he knows what he is talking about.

@notcom semaphore
    All for the Nth time - Umbrella cannot protect ANY but the iPhone 4 baseband. Please don't try it in 3G/3GS and then tell me it failed.
    10 Oct Favorite Retweet Reply
    Well that my friend is a clear enough statement there hahaha.. Whats their twitter name so i can follow em too.. I didn't know this was the case and imglad i have an iphone 4 cuz id be frustrated.. Btw bud, i do this every year cuz i have a problem bout wanting the newest and latest.. If you sell your old device right when the new one comig out, you esentially get paid to upgrade.. For ex. sold my 3gs in july for bout $400 and upgrade to iphone 4 was $299 haha.. Just a thought

Thanks

Well that my friend is a clear enough statement there hahaha.. Whats their twitter name so i can follow em too.. I didn't know this was the case and imglad i have an iphone 4 cuz id be frustrated.. Btw bud, i do this every year cuz i have a problem bout wanting the newest and latest.. If you sell your old device right when the new one comig out, you esentially get paid to upgrade.. For ex. sold my 3gs in july for bout $400 and upgrade to iphone 4 was $299 haha.. Just a thought
    @notcom

Ya i always sell my iphones via craigslist, or ebay. Unlocked and jailbroken of course =)
    Last edited by vantheman169; 10-12-2010 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast