+ Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: greenpois0n released!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by cpkirkley @electricmage - he's a troll, but you're not far behind him for using such a wide paintbrush about people who don't use macs. I don't use
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpkirkley View Post
    @electricmage - he's a troll, but you're not far behind him for using such a wide paintbrush about people who don't use macs. I don't use them because ive had 2 very sexy, very expensive MacBook pros crap out on me. Apple's response is to spend another 2 grand. My response to them was a middle finger, promptly followed by a trip to best buy for a better spec'ed vaio that was 900 dollars cheaper, and spent the rest of the money on a 46 inch television. And for the record, Macs lost their biggest edge when they caved and switched to intel PC based architecture. Now that they use the same hardware, there is no quantifiable reason to charge so much more, other than just because they can.
    You are right, and that sucks you've had such a ****** experience with Macs. I had an iMac that only after three years, did it get bogged down. A quick reformat and reinstall and she was good as new. My Macbook Pro is amazing. You'd be hard pressed to find a windows based laptop with a unibody build and made out of durable metal. Plus tack on another 100-250 and you should be covered for 3 years. Can't say that about any other computers.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    Limera1n worked and the Cydia icon is installed and working. Is there a quick way to reinstall all my cydia apps especially the purchased apps?

Thanks again for any assistance.
    It's best to install everything manually when moving to a new version of iOS. Many apps and packages are not yet updated to 4.1 and will cause a lot of errors and frustration.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

mgmm1 (10-13-2010)

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DALFE5 View Post
    tried to download but got nothing. clicked on windows button. is it just me?
    try maybe making sure your browser doesnt block pop ups or downloading files

so if this uses the same exploit as limera1n, whats the point in using this over limera1n?
    Last edited by iPod; 10-13-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone jiniej's Avatar
    Thanks

whats the point in using this over limera1n?
    there's not really one, since it's the same exploit. but the chronic dev team has a history of much more thorough testing and therefore stability.
    "foreign corporations > swedish law"

Thanks

no mac support yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jiniej View Post
    there's not really one, since it's the same exploit. but the chronic dev team has a history of much more thorough testing and therefore stability.
    What is this history that you speak of? I believe you are confusing them with the iPhone_dev team. ChronicDev has never released a jailbreak program until this week.

Thanks
    still no support for mac.... wow

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pxcolletti10 View Post
    @vantheman169 and everyone else firmware 4.1 IS jailbreakable AND you CAN unlock it an use it on other carriers!!! I am runnig iOS 4.1 on my iPhone 4 with baseband 1.59.00 and unlocked with ultrasnow afterwards and workd like a charm!

MOD NOTE: Iphone 4 you can use tiny umbrella to preserve your baseband to unlock on 4.1. With iphone 3gs there is no such thing as preserving baseband with tinyumbrella. Not until they release pwnagetool or an unlock is released for 4.1 please dont mis inform people. I only responded to that question because he said he had a 3gs!
    Where can i get the link to download tinyumbrella. I've tried a link but no luck loading the page.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeneck View Post
    Where can i get the link to download tinyumbrella. I've tried a link but no luck loading the page.
    The Firmware Umbrella

Right hand side of the page.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Seriously? What is going on with this "no mac support" b.s?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,782 Times in 6,877 Posts

They are having trouble getting it to work properly on a mac. Patience they will get it working soon. Remember they did have to switch exploits at the last minute.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    They are having trouble getting it to work properly on a mac. Patience they will get it working soon. Remember they did have to switch exploits at the last minute.
    NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

This sucks though. I've been waiting to jailbreak this bastard for a long time. Maybe I should take over the duties.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmage View Post
    NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

This sucks though. I've been waiting to jailbreak this bastard for a long time. Maybe I should take over the duties.
    If you think you can go for it

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay you don't need your iPhone synced with the PC your jailbreaking from, all it needs is iTunes on it, that's what I did and I'm running smooth on limera1n

Simply download limera1n or greenPoisi0n to the Win7 PC(it didn't work for me running parallels on my Mac with XP)

Open iTunes so the sync exe file is running
    Now plug it in and jailbreak it then your done, takes less then 3 min, I'm sure a neighbor has a Win7 comp

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    If you think you can go for it
    Actually, I'd have no idea what the hell I was doing...

WAIT!!! What the hell am I thinking? I have Parallels on this computer... Unless it doesn't work for me. I think there is a PC here with windows on it...
    Last edited by Electricmage; 10-14-2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Mac version is out. Also iPod touch 2G MC and MB model support has been added to latest release (RC4).

What's Jailbreak? projectdwnshft's Avatar
    Thanks

has anyone noticed a severe drop in battery life in their i4's after this greenpoison JB??? my phone is dying really quick without even being used.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSI70Y's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by projectdwnshft View Post
    has anyone noticed a severe drop in battery life in their i4's after this greenpoison JB??? my phone is dying really quick without even being used.
    I did. Let ur phone die cometely till it turns off then charge it back to 100% once its fully charged leave it connected for an extra 30 mins.

See how u go with that

+ Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011