+ Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: greenpois0n released!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Move past the who enjoys macs and who enjoys windows.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    Awesome, glad they eventually got it pushed out. I still feel kinda bad for them after GeoHotz stealing the spotlight, but it was by far the right move to save SHAtter. So well done @chronicdevteam! It's a pitty about the bug (not installing Cydia for some people), but hey, it's the initial release. Limera1n had 4 BETA's pushed out within minutes after the release lol.

I may use Greenpois0n sometime this week, after the bugs have been ironed out. Although, I haven't had a single problem with limera1n (yet? lol), so there isn't much need for me to use Greenpois0n. If it had an option for custom boot logos, then I'd defo use it. I was excited about hearing that lmera1n/GP were bootrom exploits, I've never had a custom boot logo!

Question time: I asked CDT and p0sixninja this on twitter, but they haven't replied yet. Do you guys know if I would have to do a clean restore/restore from backup to use GP if I already have limera1n? Or can I just run GP over it, without restoring, and will it replace limera1n? I'm guessing I'll have to restore, which is another reason pushing me away from using GP. I told myself that if I made it ra1n, I'd just get a nice theme and some tweaks to keep me going until GP was released. Now I'm sitting here with my iPhone 4 almost exactly the way I want it, I couldn't resist getting all my favourite apps/tweaks! I'll let the story pan out over this week and see what benefits GP has over limera1n. Thanks!
    You're out of your shell dude! Why do you want to re-jailbreak when Limera1n already work on your iPhone. It's the same exploit. Are you re-inventing the wheel?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    What if you enjoy both like me?

greenpois0n all the way when I get a new iDevice.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbodybenz View Post
    Stability or not my alienware will spank out your Mac anyday I'll save up for something better next time like another one.
    Don't even know what that is... What I do know is that I use a mac, after using windows when I was a kid. I've used my uncles PC back in Ohio and he's constantly adding newer ****. I also know that he saw my macbook pro and wanted it.

Once you go mac... Enjoy the pos computer that you have.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

damn no mac version yet

iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz View Post
    im dissapointed, i had no problem with limera1n even beta1, but for some reason after like 10 attempts i still have no cydia after restoring and trying to pois0n... weird...

lol ive been sitting here wondering y cydias not appearing, it seems that the ramdisk doesnt run on some systems...
    I used greenpoisOn to jailbreak my iPhone 3GS from 3.12 to 4.1 and the only issue I have so far is that the Cydia icon is white; no Cydia logo and it won't launch. Does anyone know if there is a possible fix for this. Wish I could load WinterBoard, SSH and other apps I had before. Appreciate any help.

Thanks to those involved in getting GP up and running.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    I used greenpoisOn to jailbreak my iPhone 3GS from 3.12 to 4.1 and the only issue I have so far is that the Cydia icon is white; no Cydia logo and it won't launch. Does anyone know if there is a possible fix for this. Wish I could load WinterBoard, SSH and other apps I had before. Appreciate any help.

Thanks to those involved in getting GP up and running.
    I used limera1n on my iPhone 4 and the Cydia icon initially was white but it worked and the icon returned to normal after a reboot.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

mgmm1 (10-13-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@electricmage - he's a troll, but you're not far behind him for using such a wide paintbrush about people who don't use macs. I don't use them because ive had 2 very sexy, very expensive MacBook pros crap out on me. Apple's response is to spend another 2 grand. My response to them was a middle finger, promptly followed by a trip to best buy for a better spec'ed vaio that was 900 dollars cheaper, and spent the rest of the money on a 46 inch television. And for the record, Macs lost their biggest edge when they caved and switched to intel PC based architecture. Now that they use the same hardware, there is no quantifiable reason to charge so much more, other than just because they can.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Gosh i still remember the days where i have to make sure the firewall and antivirus are running all the time and trying to find the 'lightest' antivirus as well because some of it are such a pain in the ***. Not to mention the part where you had to format the disk when you can't get rid of some virus/worms after surfing onto some reallllly interesting website.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rl9147 View Post
    Is this working with the iphone 4, 4.1? For some reason when I did the install now I have no phone service or data service. Please Help.
    Did u get this problem sorted?
    I read that something like this happened with limera1n as well.
    What can u do to sort out if this happens? Thanks

Thanks
    Hi,
    Does anyone know if limera1n works on iphone 3G
    Notstrong

Thanks

Your a hobbit

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    I used limera1n on my iPhone 4 and the Cydia icon initially was white but it worked and the icon retGurned to normal after a reboot.
    I re-jailbroke twice with GP and re-booted 5 times with no luck with the Cydia icon. I am going to re-jailbreak and try limera1n this time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Well thanks to the help of the members here are having a little patience, I was succesful in upgrading to 4.1 on my iPhone 4 and jailbreaking it with no issues whatsoever. Greenpois0n worked perfect, and I was able to take 4 of my most important saved games, extract the saved game with iPhone Explorer, and then put them back in after jailbreaking and everything works perfect
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

Thanks

so which is more stable for use with iphone 4, limera1n or greenpois0n? or should i just wait a few days to see if everyone isnt having problems?
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default help
    OK, so I'm getting ready to upgrade. I have a 3gs on 3.1.3. I updated to 4.1 via iTunes, when I did, I had 5 icon dock with my calendar app as the 5th, and after upgrade, my calendar icon is GONE. I can search for calendar and pull it up and see appt.'s and all that, but the icon is no longer on my phone.

PS i never "hid" the icon previously via poof or anything like that. Any suggestions?

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Still no love for the Mac???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    I used limera1n on my iPhone 4 and the Cydia icon initially was white but it worked and the icon returned to normal after a reboot.
    Limera1n worked and the Cydia icon is installed and working. Is there a quick way to reinstall all my cydia apps especially the purchased apps?

Thanks again for any assistance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does this work for iphone 3g by any chance because im having a problem with restoring from backup ever since i jailbreak my 3g with snowbreeze 2.0.2 did i do something wrong which it wont let me back up.