Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No 4G iPhone Until 2012: Report

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. 7.2Mbps is screaming fast for a mobile device and WAY more bandwidth than needed even to stream HD video. My Hulu+ looks amazing even on the current 3G speeds. I know people always think faster is better but there comes a point of diminishing return.. ie... killing a spider with a sledge hammer. It's cool to say you did it.. but the same result as if you used a fly swatter.

I'll pose the question: What would you use LTE speeds for that you couldn't do with 7.2Mbs HSPA+
    Point well stated

Quote Originally Posted by tjb5099 View Post
    I wish they would get it so they can quite down the ppl that think the andriods sell more. If the iPhone got on Verizon the sales would greatly increase, the only reason ppl buy the droids is because they can't have the
    ~Tim
    I agree with this one, alot of my friends say and I quote "we had to settle with a android". I also think 4G is a little over rated, what's 4G gonna do for you when providers cap all internet usage?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrius777 View Post
    I hope Verizon does get the iPhone. That would free up some bandwith on AT&T.
    It will also bring back the reign of the iPhone being the most popular phone

~Tim

If I have helped you then thank me.

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors. *sigh* come on guys nothing is official till apple gets on stage and besides why wouldn't apple put the worlds most heavily used data phone onto the fastest network? It makes no sense.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish they would get it so they can quite down the ppl that think the andriods sell more. If the iPhone got on Verizon the sales would greatly increase, the only reason ppl buy the droids is because they can't have the iPhone.

~Tim
    Your last sentence is simply not true. I know lots of people that do not like or want the iPhone. I love the iPhone and have had all 4 versions but if you read the latest sales numbers, Android is now outselling the iPhone. You might not like it but it's true.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

I wish Verizon would just go ahead and get the phone. Then we'd hear less speculation and rumors and all the people out there that think Verizon is ohhhh so much better than AT&T could jump over there, free up a ton of bandwidth for us AT&T users and we could all sit back and laugh when the influx of data usage slowed Verizon's CDMA network to a crawl.

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Who needs 4G when you have HSDPA+
    +1

So will AT&T come out with 4G next year along with an iPhone supporting 4G? Even if they don't I'll be buying the newest iPhone 4GS/5 Tired of the slow 3G lol

On a completely unrelated note, mods and writers, the Yahoo App just got updated to 2.0 and supports video... Going to test it out now. If it's awesome, that needs to go front page asap (since Fring/Skype let us all down).

Update if anyone care ;-) It works, but I couldn't get it to work with the latest Yahoo Beta for Mac. Only Windows, maybe it's because I'm on the same wireless lan.
    Last edited by goodluck4287; 10-11-2010 at 03:39 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree. All these people complaining bout how Verizon's Speeds are Much Faster then At&ts YET..non of them can Post a Speed test to show exactly WHAT speeds they are getting, AND as for Voice/Data @ the same time? COME-ON!!! Who is Verizon Kidding?. I MEAN What good would a Smart phone be IF..you can't talk n get directions or Talk an Forward a Business E-mail or fax or Text. GSM has been the standard in Europe for WHO KNOWS!! How long. Thanks but no thanks..I'll stick with At&t an I'll wait for the 6th Gen n See is It's Worth it BUT..for now..I'm Happy with my 3G, and will Be looking forward to HSPA Speeds Soon.
    Last edited by AKCHRIS; 10-11-2010 at 03:52 PM.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone6 16GB(Jailbroken
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Yosemite
    Cydia Account #895872

Well of course. Apple always holds something back for the next phone.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll pose the question: What would you use LTE speeds for that you couldn't do with 7.2Mbs HSPA+
    I could get rid of my home Internet connection and still have blazingly fast speeds when I need it.

It will also bring back the reign of the iPhone being the most popular phone

~Tim
    It still is the most popular PHONE. android only became the most popular OS.

Quote Originally Posted by goodluck4287 View Post
    On a completely unrelated note, mods and writers, the Yahoo App just got updated to 2.0 and supports video... Going to test it out now. If it's awesome, that needs to go front page asap (since Fring/Skype let us all down).

Update if anyone care ;-) It works, but I couldn't get it to work with the latest Yahoo Beta for Mac. Only Windows, maybe it's because I'm on the same wireless lan.
    Please don't spam threads with unrelated junk. You're more than welcome to start a thread devoted solely to the yahoo 2.0 update.
    Last edited by mortopher; 10-11-2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone ridingsupreme's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darrius777 View Post
    I hope Verizon does get the iPhone. That would free up some bandwith on AT&T.
    hell ya.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Has there been any legit surveys showing how many iPhone users would switch from AT&T to verizon once a CDMA model was released? I just don't see the bandwidth problem being resolved even a little by verizon carrying the iPhone.

Thanks

im getting D5mb/UP2mb speeds on att 3G i could careless plus when that Verizon iphone come more people with go there and will take the load off the att 3g..plus 4g sucks more power i assume..
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

Honestly, I don't care about the fact that Verizon's network can't run voice and data at the same time; I just care about coverage which AT&T lacks A LOT. But then, I guess voice and data at the same time is also pretty good.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone is saying "who needs faster internet?" but you know we are all going to want it when it's available, especially here in America where we all have this "I consume more because I can" attitude. I am sure I wouldn't be bothered by faster load times. I know my home internet load times are faster than that of my phone. Near instant searches would not be something I wouldn't care about. If they increased the pricing by another $10/mo I might have a harder time justifying it though.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

When the capability is there, the apps that take advantage of these new capabilities will follow.
    Right now, 7.2MBS is sufficient.
    In a year or two, maybe not so much.

However, we are talking about Apple.
    They will likely come late to the party, have an end to end solution, and call it revolutionary and magical.
    They will then proceed to make several small mountains of money.

by 2012 there will be more than 10 perfect windows phone and 250.000 apps. we can all fuk iphone so we don't have to pay so much money. I had enough jailbreak, unlock all this s hit

what would it take apple? install a more powerfull antenna?, shouldnt be too much bigger.. and throttle a few settings...come on, I know they probably have other big "more useful" plans..but I think it could be done fairly easily. Im hoping ATT rolls 4G out starting 2011, though it will probably be later.. I would use the speed for things like those 1GB apps, and streaming movies, I get hiccups/ pauses when watching movies sometimes.
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast