+ Reply
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 45535455
Results 1,081 to 1,096 of 1096

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by MickyEyez i appreciate the response... the problem that i'm having (and from what i have read from several other threads) is that mobileterminal does not work and
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MickyEyez View Post
    i appreciate the response... the problem that i'm having (and from what i have read from several other threads) is that mobileterminal does not work and there hasn't been an update for it with the 4.2 jb... any other ways to change the ssh and root password without mobileterminal?
    Unfortunately the only way to get the updated mobile terminal afiak is to load the xsellize repository. They have the updated version. I'm not sure if anyone else does.

Quote Originally Posted by ghislain View Post
    I have been sitting on the fence far a while now trying to figure out whether or not to upgrade to 4.1 as the only reason to do this (to me) would be the bluetooth stack improvements.

For those who are in a similar situation as I am in, IP4, locked to AT&T (using the phone abroad), JB and unlocked with Ultrasnow, how well did the upgrade to 4.1 go AND more importantly, what about the experience of unlocking? Did you have to use the original AT&T sim (I suppose so), even being abroad?

I am well aware of the process thanks to the wonderful people on here (TU to preserve baseband, then restore to 4.1 then JB then Unlock).
    What should I do, take my chances or wait until a new version of Ultrasnow becomes avaialble capable of unlocking the latest BB?

BTW, would this not be a good subject for a poll?
    Well I updated my I4 to 4.1 yesterday while preserving my baseband. I do not have the need to unlock so I can't help you there. The only fix I see on the web so far for getting your MMS and Facetime to work would be to activate with an at&t sim first.

MMS and FACETIME issues on iPhone4 4.1 JB Limera1n

Good Luck
    Last edited by sirooga; 10-18-2010 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MickyEyez View Post
    i appreciate the response... the problem that i'm having (and from what i have read from several other threads) is that mobileterminal does not work and there hasn't been an update for it with the 4.2 jb... any other ways to change the ssh and root password without mobileterminal?
    Please read the link I gave you. It details how to change the passwords without requiring mobile terminal at all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just to let you all know that I have successfully upgraded to 4.1 with preserving the BB. I did require the original AT&T sim to activate the phone.
    Everything went fine - managed to send one MMS but that can be a hit and miss situation as it was before. Curious to see any Bluetooth improvements (this was really bad in 4.01)
    Thanks to all for the good advice!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Please read the link I gave you. It details how to change the passwords without requiring mobile terminal at all.
    sorry, still trying to stop banging my head on the wall.

i just assumed that my phone had to be connected in some way if i were to use the terminal app it mentions. i tried using the Mac terminal app and the connection was refused, then i tried using iterm like the mentioned article and it says the same thing... to be exact it says:

"ssh: connect to host 192.168.0.x port 22: Connection refused" (i obviously used my IP address but didn't want to include that in this post)

suggestions? am i missing something here?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I updated my iPhone 4.01 to 4.1 by stupidity, the baseband upgraded as well. I waited for limera1n and it jailbroke 1st time. I now know I lost the unlock over the baseband upgrade through my own fault, but I have to hand it to geohot the guy is a genius, and I have no doubt he will unlock the baseband soon, thanks geohot I sincerly mean it, your a legend..

Thanks
    Thanked 14,203 Times in 6,654 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irishpaul View Post
    Hi, I updated my iPhone 4.01 to 4.1 by stupidity, the baseband upgraded as well. I waited for limera1n and it jailbroke 1st time. I now know I lost the unlock over the baseband upgrade through my own fault, but I have to hand it to geohot the guy is a genius, and I have no doubt he will unlock the baseband soon, thanks geohot I sincerly mean it, your a legend..
    I wouldn't hold my breath for a unlock from geohot. One should be coming from the dev team shortly after 4.2 drops though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey I jailbroke my iPhone 4 with limerain and my phone started acting weird , I need to restore. Can any give me advice on how to do this. Thx in advance

Green Apple
    Thanks
    just tried limera1n on a iphone 4 16g. fw 4.0.2 and old base band.

worked just fine following the guide. also unlocked with ultrasnow and everything is working correctly.

thank you geohot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question IP4, FW 4.0.2 Jailbroken
    I had my IP4, FW 4.0.2 jailbroken by limera1n, and cydia is already appearing. My next move now is to unlock so that i can use local sim here in my present location. My IP4 was not used (or not activated)when i was still in USA. should i use ultrasnow directly ? Or do i have to use Tiny Umbrella? Am a novice on this one and dont even know what is sshh ... etc.
    Any help guys??

Thanks

Just bought an Ipad and its on version 3.2.2 can I use this jailbreak?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

God bless u
    Can any1 tell me how to install cydia?
    I4 32g 4.2
    Last edited by Almasrification; 12-27-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks

Dscott, yes u can....almas, depends on device and firmware
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

13. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

dscottjr81 (12-27-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I 4 32g 4.2
    Plzzzz
    Last edited by Almasrification; 12-27-2010 at 07:22 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Dscott, yes u can....almas, depends on device and firmware
    A no go for ipad version 4.2 correct? Dont accept the update?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any help for installing cydia
    I have i4 4.2

Thanks
    Thanked 14,203 Times in 6,654 Posts

Use redsnow 0.9.6b6 to install cydia. It is a tethered jailbreak right now though.

+ Reply
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455