+ Reply
Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1096

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by jdownesbaird I would REALLY appreciate some help with some weird stuff going on after limera1n. So I upgraded to 4.1 then jailbroke without any problems. Seemed to
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,019 Times in 6,925 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    I would REALLY appreciate some help with some weird stuff going on after limera1n.

So I upgraded to 4.1 then jailbroke without any problems. Seemed to work, except:

1) Widgets (weather, clock, etc) for ANY winterboard theme will not work, at all.

2)Some Cydia apps won't even open (BiteSMS)

3)Infinidock installs, but doesn't work. Shows up in Settings, but does nothing.

Still finding new problems. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
    Those all sound like issues that will have to be fixed by updates to those apps. Probably not all 4.1 compatible yet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duffymaker View Post
    searched but nope i dont think its even jailbreaking it for some reason more help please??
    was itunes open while u jailbroken it? that seems to be a common problem for a lot of people

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    I would REALLY appreciate some help with some weird stuff going on after limera1n.

So I upgraded to 4.1 then jailbroke without any problems. Seemed to work, except:

1) Widgets (weather, clock, etc) for ANY winterboard theme will not work, at all.

2)Some Cydia apps won't even open (BiteSMS)

3)Infinidock installs, but doesn't work. Shows up in Settings, but does nothing.

Still finding new problems. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

bitesms did not work by default
    Release 5.0 (beta 10) out now.. - biteSMS

u have to download their beta,

i cant answer your other problems. winterboard works for sure. i personall use lockinfo lockms lock etc.. etc.. and they work.

most likely they are just not compatible with 4.1 yet

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RileyFreeman For This Useful Post:

jdownesbaird (10-11-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman View Post
    was itunes open while u jailbroken it? that seems to be a common problem for a lot of people

bitesms did not work by default
    Release 5.0 (beta 10) out now.. - biteSMS

u have to download their beta,

i cant answer your other problems. winterboard works for sure. i personall use lockinfo lockms lock etc.. etc.. and they work.

most likely they are just not compatible with 4.1 yet
    Thanks for the quick reply. Winterboard seems to work fine otherwise, as does lockinfo. Just strange about the widgets.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

guys it CLEARLY tells u which phones are support on limerain.com i dont get why people are trying this with 2g anything. 60 pages in i dont think this should still be asked. not trying to be rude but come on.

try searching for limerain. see if u find it that way
    still nothing? help please...

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad to see the jailbreak, and quite frankly, I dont understand why 50% of the community has to complain, you complain if there isnt a way to JB your device, after you "accidently" update, and you complain when an update is released to jailbreak your i device, seriously, if its that bad of a life, switch to android. I have never seen so many people b*** and moan about nothing. Apple outlined it best with his post, we will be playing this game again when apple releases 4.2, and everyone "accidently updates" their i devices and cry because they cant jailbreak, the only solution to make those people happy, dont update your device!
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

A quick question:
    I saved my SHSH through TinyUmbrella for 4.1 . But after doing so i go into cydia and i dont see at the top that it has my SHSH for 4.1. Any ideas?

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    When you hit make it rain, it automatically opens iTunes...or it should...
    Totally unrelated, but you're in Wright Patt? I drive by the base all the time and company I'm with has some construction testing going on in the base. Small world.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Regards ,
    Y want to say something words :

Thanks Geohotz and thanks Chronic and Dev Team, Dino 7 and others hackers that i forget, for your hard work and your nobility.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iFrosty View Post
    A quick question:
    I saved my SHSH through TinyUmbrella for 4.1 . But after doing so i go into cydia and i dont see at the top that it has my SHSH for 4.1. Any ideas?
    no offense but after u save your shsh theres a big message saying they are saved not to bother so so because u dont see the message in cydia.

cydia takes a while to show up, especially with all the new users jailbreaking their phones.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

no offense but after u save your shsh theres a big message saying they are saved not to bother so so because u dont see the message in cydia.

cydia takes a while to show up, especially with all the new users jailbreaking their phones.

I know it says Cydia HAS the SHSH
    but i guess its just from all the jailbreaking which could be causing a delay (and the last time i did it, it showed up instantly)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iFrosty View Post
    I know it says Cydia HAS the SHSH
    but i guess its just from all the jailbreaking which could be causing a delay (and the last time i did it, it showed up instantly)
    thats exactly it. itll be there eventually when this all died down

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    Part of what you said was true. SHAtter does in fact only work on A4 devices. LimeRa1n doesn't support ALL devices. It doesn't support the iPhone 3G and ipt2g even though they're pwned4life (This is a minor issue). The major issue is that the LimeRa1n's JB for the 3GS broken, therefore NOT WORKING. So LimeRa1n actually JB's the newer devices as well as SHAtter the only old device LimeRa1n supports at the moment is the ipt3g.
    Thats funny, I got limera1n Beta1 working, the second he released it throught twitter, I know about the whole story, about cdevwill getting mad at geohot and whatever. What I did to make it work is by deleting the apple ip address on my host file in X:/windows/system32/drivers/etc and backed it up. The host file was modified to accept the SHSH hashes into cydias servers. Im still running the first limerain and cant uninstall it from my iphone. Thats because the uninstall bar in the app on the iphone is bugged. Since then without warning or without update notes, geohot releases beta 2 3 4 and 5

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=RileyFreeman;5507333]was itunes open while u jailbroken it? that seems to be a common problem for a lot of people

i tryed running limera1n with itunes running and without and still not working???

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Totally unrelated, but you're in Wright Patt? I drive by the base all the time and company I'm with has some construction testing going on in the base. Small world.
    I am assigned to Wright Patt, but not actually "stationed" there per say. I am an Air Force recruiter in Michigan and that is the closest active duty Air Force base so we are assigned there. Either way, I'm not too far from there

Thanks

I don't say much on here but for you guys complaining you can't jailbreak your phone why don't you clean up that slow azz computer and try again I mean this is ridiculous what are you guys running windows 98

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

RC1b is out!

Thanks

Hey guys got a little problem, I used APTbackup to backup my cydia apps. Well after JB w/ Limera1n ad restorig w/ APTbackup all my cydia icons r blank/white icons? Any suggestions, thanks for ur help in advance!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just reboot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marc1994 View Post
    Just reboot.
    Thanks but tried that already! A couple of times....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marc1994 View Post
    RC1b is out!
    jesus, is this the last and final release? hope so i dont use app backup programs or restore from backup as i find it slows down my phone when i do....so the process takes a while