Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n is Live!

Its unthethered, yes. I'm looking to unlock 4.0.2 so can I use ra1n to do that or do I have to be on 4.1 (which updates the baseband and will remove my chance of unlock)?

And anyone who follows any of this knows that this stupid release delayed p0ison so DT can change p0ison over to this exploit rather than give Apple two exploits to patch at once.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Idiot. He didn't steal anything. He used what was available. Also, when he used the private JB to JB his iPhone 4, people (idiots) DEMANDED that he release a JB that wasn't his. Because he didn't bother to explain that it wasn't his, idiots still act like he was teasing us when he was just showing us what he was up to. That's why he deleted his twitter account and "left" the JB scene... To work in private because he's "damned if he dies; damned if he doesn't" with people like you.
    Think before you speak. Geohot promised Comex that he could use his untethered exploit and that he will release it at a later time. Geohot lied and released it today and betrayed Comex, and caused all this madness. Even MuscleNerd said that Geohot used Stolen Code.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Halten77 For This Useful Post:

BboyAirrick (10-10-2010)

People dont understand..

Greenpoison would not have jailbroken the iPhone 3GS and older..

The SHAtter exploit would not have worked on older devices. Only 4th gen devices.

Limera1n jailbreaks all devices, and geohot was going to release Limera1n on 10/11/10 a day after the dev teams release theirs. Geohot wanted p0sixninja (creator of greenp0ison) to use the exploit he found that jailbreaks all devices, but p0sixninja said it was too late to implement it.

I believe Geohot released his Limera1n to better the community, and he didn't release it a day earlier to be a douche bag, he released it a day earlier so that 2 bootrom exploits wouldn't be wasted in one week. As the SHAtter exploit might be present in upcoming devices.

I, for one, am glad Geohot did this, he's fast and good at what he does. It's good the community has him back again, don't push him away
    who knows he may have an unlock for the new i4 baseband?
    Last edited by Apple.; 10-09-2010 at 07:47 PM.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Apple. For This Useful Post:

Buckmaster (10-09-2010), floppy_joe (10-09-2010), Jesposo (10-10-2010), krustypinoy (10-09-2010), monkey.penllwyn (10-10-2010), quicksilver47 (10-12-2010), spazturtle (10-10-2010), vanbashted (10-10-2010)

there are definitely a few issues. namely the problem where you can't uninstall limerain.

also cydia would not show up until after a few tries

Quote Originally Posted by Apple. View Post
    People dont understand..

The SHAtter exploit would not have worked on older devices. Only 4th gen devices.

Limera1n jailbreaks all devices, and geohot was going to release Limera1n on 10/11/10 a day after the dev teams release theirs. Geohot wanted p0sixninja (creator of greenp0ison) to use the exploit he found that jailbreaks all devices, but p0sixninja said it was too late to implement it.

I believe Geohot released his Limera1n to better the community, and he didn't release it a day earlier to be a douche bag, he released it a day earlier so that 2 bootrom exploits wouldn't be wasted in one week. As the SHAtter exploit might be present in upcoming devices.
    Everything I've heard says ra1n doesn't work on 3GS. Anyone used it on 3GS?

Thanks
    Well, this certainly took a while to get posted. It's been, what, 5 hours? (Considering the past 2 days, that's like 5 years in the jailbreaking news cycle). :P
    Don't be hatin'.

Thanks

People dont understand..

This has been said for weeks now. I don't know when geo asked for his exploit to be used or even if he did. All I know is that it is becoming very apparent the he is driven by something other then the good of the community. He's made quite a few more enemies tonight it seams.

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Everything I've heard says ra1n doesn't work on 3GS. Anyone used it on 3GS?
    SHAtter doesn't work on the 3GS
    Limera1n does

maybe not right now as Limera1n is still in beta

egohot lol. Enough said.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

cory (10-09-2010)

SHAtter doesn't work on the 3GS
    Limera1n does

maybe not right now as Limera1n is still in beta
    lol so why release it if its beta. Dumb. I've been a huge Geohot fan up till now. Dude "retires" then pulls this stunt for publicity. Weaksauce

Thanks

People dont understand..

I, for one, am glad Geohot did this, he's fast and good at what he does. It's good the community has him back again, don't push him away
    who knows he may have an unlock for the new i4 baseband?
    Part of what you said was true. SHAtter does in fact only work on A4 devices. LimeRa1n doesn't support ALL devices. It doesn't support the iPhone 3G and ipt2g even though they're pwned4life (This is a minor issue). The major issue is that the LimeRa1n's JB for the 3GS broken, therefore NOT WORKING. So LimeRa1n actually JB's the newer devices as well as SHAtter the only old device LimeRa1n supports at the moment is the ipt3g.

Thanks

Before I even go near any of this, I need a good recommendation for a cydia app backup program. I used to go through rock, but well, we all know about that. Anyone have a good, reliable, app back up they can recommend?

works great for me on my ipod 3g ehh i dont care about this drama stuff as i just only care about the results in having cydia on my device

did not work with iphone 3G MC (older version), mine kept hanging in DFU mode where is says in DFU mode please wait... then the screen is blank and will not do anything. had to get tiny umbrella to kick out of recovery, also, itunes kept popping up.

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    This has been said for weeks now. I don't know when geo asked for his exploit to be used or even if he did. All I know is that it is becoming very apparent the he is driven by something other then the good of the community. He's made quite a few more enemies tonight it seams.
    he did not make enemies..
    the only person that is mad is @pod2g the person who discovered the SHAtter exploit.

MuscleNerd even agreed Geohot releasing his exploit makes more sense.
    And Comex AGREED to Geohot using his code.

Its all on twitter. Geohot did what was smarter. He believes Apple already knows about the exploit he has because he has had it for so long. While, SHAtter is a new exploit and has a better chance of existing in upcoming devices.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple. For This Useful Post:

mavrik101 (10-09-2010), monkey.penllwyn (10-10-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    lol so why release it if its beta. Dumb. I've been a huge Geohot fan up till now. Dude "retires" then pulls this stunt for publicity. Weaksauce
    Lol, RedSn0w releases betas and it's all good! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    Part of what you said was true. SHAtter does in fact only work on A4 devices. LimeRa1n doesn't support ALL devices. It doesn't support the iPhone 3G and ipt2g even though they're pwned4life (This is a minor issue). The major issue is that the LimeRa1n's JB for the 3GS broken, therefore NOT WORKING. So LimeRa1n actually JB's the newer devices as well as SHAtter the only old device LimeRa1n supports at the moment is the ipt3g.

everything on y i am having the issues, thank you for the info.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad1279 For This Useful Post:

Halten77 (10-09-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    Are you kidding?! This exploit SAVED the community from a wasted bootrom exploit (think about it: only the EARLIEST Apple TV units would be able to use it and NO 2nd-gen iPads). This is the WRONG time to play that card and it sounds like GP was going to ignore that just because they were nearly ready.

So would limerain jailbreak and be able to unlock a 3GS that is on 4.0.2 with the 5.13 BB

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast