+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mainstream Media Catches Verizon iPhone Fever

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by datomicpenguin If the droid is so good then why does everyone that has Verizon want the iPhone? Ha ha. The only people that say the droid is
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by datomicpenguin View Post
    If the droid is so good then why does everyone that has Verizon want the iPhone?
    Ha ha. The only people that say the droid is so good are the carriers that support it and biased anti-apple articles. Everything I've read (non-biased comparisons) say iPhone 4 wins 

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by datomicpenguin View Post
    If the droid is so good then why does everyone that has Verizon want the iPhone?
    I'm with u on that one!
     Think Different.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tario70's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this article makes the most realistic points about an iPhone on Verizon...

http://m.gizmodo.com/5658529/keep-ho...izon-iphone-4g

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

are we still talking about this? [yawwnn]
    it's really not going to change anything and it's not like it's a new product

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Sprint should get the iPhone. No verizon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

They said it's goin to be the same model, maby verizon is switchin to 4g sims, hmmm, over all verizon sucks, been ATT befor it was even cingular, never had any problems,

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
    I'm starting to lose faith in this site's writers.
    Couldn't have said it better....
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ...
    I have always said that eventually the iphone will be available to other carriers whether it be Verizon or T-mobile or Sprint. The reason why I speculated it would be Verizon is b/c they are the market leader in the cell phone industry in the US. The reason why this didn't happen earlier is b/c the iphone can not be supported on Verizon's network currently to the capacity that Apple has advertised. Apple advertises fast download speeds, and voice and data can be utilized at the same time. Verizon currently can not say they do either of these claims. AT&T's 3g speeds are by far the fastest compared to any carrier. Sprint has gone 4g, but in a very STUPID way in my opinion. Sprint's 4g network has been around for how long now? and they only offer what 3 phones that are 4g compatible? Let me tell you why. Where the norm all around the world for 4g speeds is LTE, Sprint had decided to take another route into 4g that is an unpopular choice, and cellphone manufacturers are not going to waste money on a phone that will only work on ONE carrier in the US, unless they truly believe that it is the best way to achieve 4g speeds. SO in my opinion Spring it cooked. Why Verizon is a smart choice is b/c they are going to be utilizing LTE technology and is planning on being in 38 major cities with LTE coverage if I remember correctly. What LTE will do for Verizon is voice and data at the same time, and Amazing internet speeds. The problem I see with Verizon going LTE is the fact their backbone network that covers MOST of the US is CDMA. why is that a problem you may ask? Well if I am correct, LTE and CDMA is NOT backwards compatible. WHat does this mean? Well if your driving in your car of example, and your in a LTE area and as your driving you enter a 3g(CDMA) area, your call WILL DROP! This is the similar effect that AT&T faced when they went from TDMA to GSM, and till this day AT&T is SCARRED with a bad reputation of DROPPED calls. Now i am sure that Verizon's BRILLIANT network guys will figure a way not to drop calls or minimize the rate at which calls are dropped but this is a problem nonetheless.

For all the people that never thought another carrier would get the Iphone in the future, think about it. You as a business owner, wouldn't it be smarter to sell your product to other wireless carriers so you can have a better threshold on the market? As long as the other carriers can hold up to your Claims on what your product can do why wouldn't you? and that is what Verizon is doing, they are working on their network, and in turn will be able to have their phones do what Apple advertises. I am not saying that Verizon is changing their network only for the iphone b/c that is a silly assumption, but the reason why they are changing their network is b/c their network is capped as far as data speeds are concerened. Verizon's 3g internet speed on average is 3x's slower that AT&T's, and still can not support data and voice at the same time, SO they know and understand a change is needed and LTE is their change. The reason why AT&T isn't going LTE first is plain and simple. AT&T runs on a GSM network and the network is still capable of reaching faster download and upload speeds with network enhancements, and also Verizon is the industry leader in the US for wireless needs so shortly after Verizon deploy AT&T will do so as well with 2 main advantages. GSM is backwards compatible with LTE, and if Verizon makes any mistakes AT&T and learn and correct those mistakes.

As far as which carrier to go with, that is up to you. If Verizon works better in your area then your going Verizon, if AT&T works better then your going AT&T.

The main reason I wrote this, is b/c I am tired of AT&T being perceived as the bad guys and Verizon as the saints. I have been an AT&T customer since they were Cellular One, and I haven't had any issues. Yes I will drop a call here and there and yes some places I may not get reception but the same can be said about ANY other wireless carrier. For all the people that cried about why doesn't Verizon have the iphone yet, well this post will answer that for you. Verizon's current network would never of been able to handle the iphone's data load with the same user experience that AT&T has offered and thats the bottom line. If you think other wise, well everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I am sure what I have said is very close to the truth, and is only my opinions, but my god it feels good to express how I feel =0).

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

ill believe when i see it on the apple site
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
    I'm starting to lose faith in this site's writers.
    Look at where some of the info comes from... Wall Street Journal and New York Times....

Quote Originally Posted by leathelisor View Post
    If the iphone goes to verizon I think that Messany will go back n laugh at everyone (me included) who called him a verizon fanatic
    I think he owes it to many if the iPhone goes to Verizon!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-09-2010 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was in a Verizon store a couple days ago (gf has Verizon). The salesman told me Verizon's official stance is no iPhone... but unofficially a CDMA version will be out at the end of the year or January. Then in June or July 2011, a 4G/LTE version with a sim card will be released...sorry if this is old news.

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yuntanman View Post
    I have always said that eventually the iphone will be available to other carriers whether it be Verizon or T-mobile or Sprint. The reason why I speculated it would be Verizon is b/c they are the market leader in the cell phone industry in the US. The reason why this didn't happen earlier is b/c the iphone can not be supported on Verizon's network currently to the capacity that Apple has advertised. Apple advertises fast download speeds, and voice and data can be utilized at the same time. Verizon currently can not say they do either of these claims. AT&T's 3g speeds are by far the fastest compared to any carrier. Sprint has gone 4g, but in a very STUPID way in my opinion. Sprint's 4g network has been around for how long now? and they only offer what 3 phones that are 4g compatible? Let me tell you why. Where the norm all around the world for 4g speeds is LTE, Sprint had decided to take another route into 4g that is an unpopular choice, and cellphone manufacturers are not going to waste money on a phone that will only work on ONE carrier in the US, unless they truly believe that it is the best way to achieve 4g speeds. SO in my opinion Spring it cooked. Why Verizon is a smart choice is b/c they are going to be utilizing LTE technology and is planning on being in 38 major cities with LTE coverage if I remember correctly. What LTE will do for Verizon is voice and data at the same time, and Amazing internet speeds. The problem I see with Verizon going LTE is the fact their backbone network that covers MOST of the US is CDMA. why is that a problem you may ask? Well if I am correct, LTE and CDMA is NOT backwards compatible. WHat does this mean? Well if your driving in your car of example, and your in a LTE area and as your driving you enter a 3g(CDMA) area, your call WILL DROP! This is the similar effect that AT&T faced when they went from TDMA to GSM, and till this day AT&T is SCARRED with a bad reputation of DROPPED calls. Now i am sure that Verizon's BRILLIANT network guys will figure a way not to drop calls or minimize the rate at which calls are dropped but this is a problem nonetheless.

For all the people that never thought another carrier would get the Iphone in the future, think about it. You as a business owner, wouldn't it be smarter to sell your product to other wireless carriers so you can have a better threshold on the market? As long as the other carriers can hold up to your Claims on what your product can do why wouldn't you? and that is what Verizon is doing, they are working on their network, and in turn will be able to have their phones do what Apple advertises. I am not saying that Verizon is changing their network only for the iphone b/c that is a silly assumption, but the reason why they are changing their network is b/c their network is capped as far as data speeds are concerened. Verizon's 3g internet speed on average is 3x's slower that AT&T's, and still can not support data and voice at the same time, SO they know and understand a change is needed and LTE is their change. The reason why AT&T isn't going LTE first is plain and simple. AT&T runs on a GSM network and the network is still capable of reaching faster download and upload speeds with network enhancements, and also Verizon is the industry leader in the US for wireless needs so shortly after Verizon deploy AT&T will do so as well with 2 main advantages. ...........
    Holy Overkill, Batman!!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12