Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Greenpois0n To Be Released This Sunday!

This will work on iphone 4 on 4.1?
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThomson View Post
    No one is complaining about the iphone dev team.... its the chronic dev team.. when has it ever taken this long for a tool to be made and released and with such a huge lack of info leading up to its release and then to have it only work for some peoples devices

if they dont want these kind of complaints then all they had to do from the get go was say that it will only work for said devices!
    They did say it, the uproar of whiny children and immature adults don't read or research. This website is a testament to that. I knew from the beginning what was going on because I know how to pay attention and research, those that don't know are at fault for their stupidity and laziness. Not any devteam member.
    HK-Z on Game Center

I like how there's so many politics involved with this. People, be happy that you're going to get yet another free jailbreak, regardless of who it's from. Be grateful for the ones we've had. Without GeoHot being part of leading the jailbreaking way, we might not even have pressured Apple into starting an App Store. I'm talking to all of you who are whining, complaining, or think that Cydia has always been the standard installer of jailbroken software aka bandwagon jumping n00bs.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gsmumbo View Post
    Now on to the actual subject at hand, yay! Can't wait for Greenpois0n. Stealth,you know if it will work on 4.2 beta on iPad?

(and thanks devs for making the jailbreak happen )
    It will not work on beta firmwares OTB but it could be made to support them

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    It will not work on beta firmwares OTB but it could be made to support them
    Good enough for me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zplit View Post
    This will work on iphone 4 on 4.1?
    Yes it will.

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

Thanks

I'm so disappointed that greenpois0n won't be for all devices. Its funny how 4g devices get a bootrom exploit before 3g.

I've explained this before. They do owe the community something. By "they" I don't mean Chronic or Dev Team or Geohot or any of them. Essentially, I mean Saurik. In the early days of jailbreak yes, it was done for free, nobody owed anyone anything, etc etc etc. But at a certain point between then and now Saurik created an app store in Cydia. This is the turning point. He setup a system for 3rd parties to collect payment for applications. As soon as the first payment was made then it changed the game and yes, the community is owed a jailbreak. It is two sided, first the users that purchased apps on the jailbreak are owed a jailbreak so they can use that which they purchased. Second the developers are owed a jailbreak so that they can provide support for that which they sold. Think of it as if Apple disabled all app support on the iPhone. Every dev, every customer would be in an uproar and there would probably be lawsuits. It is the same here in that Saurik set up a system for commerce on the iPhone. There is now a responsibility to allow the support resulting from that to continue. The dev teams, while they themselves don't owe the community are the ones who have the knowledge to make that happen. But even if all the dev teams quit, there would still be a necessity to have the jailbreak. Not a want, but a necessity.

(FYI, I just joined in on this thread so I'm not defending any previous posts I have made as this is my first post on this thread. Just explaining why a jailbreak is owed to the community and explaining who ulitmately owes it/who is actually able to make it happen.)
    You, and alot of others, forget that Apple is making a very big effort, three years running now, of doing everything they can and hiring very smart people to stop jailbreaking. Each time it gets harder and harder. They are trying very hard to make it happen, and to ***** that it isn't happening fast enough when their efforts are thwarted every 3 months or so when a new firmware comes out, not to mention new hardware to work around, is plain immature and does nothing but bring down their morale. Apple doesn't have one single person or persons working diligently to stop them from selling apps. The devteam and chronicdevteams do. Maybe everyone that's complaining should take a step backhand get some perspective. I'd be willing to bet NO ONE here has people active preventing them from doing their job that they get paid to do every time they come up with a way to do it. These guys are getting small donations to do this while maintaining a life and a job. It's that simple.
    HK-Z on Game Center

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThomson View Post

if they dont want these kind of complaints then all they had to do from the get go was say that it will only work for said devices!
    I can't thank you enough man.

Also I would like to add that if it came down to paying for a jb that works w/ all iPhones I would DEFINITELY pay.

I mean if it was like more than $50, I'd probably use my iphone as an iPod and get a phone where there aren't restrictions on what type of apps I can have on my phone..

Quote Originally Posted by SnR View Post
    I'm so disappointed that greenpois0n won't be for all devices. Its funny how 4g devices get a bootrom exploit before 3g.
    Come up with a solution then. How hard can it be?
    HK-Z on Game Center

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

mortopher (10-07-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

This is going to make helping people harder eventually. Think of the questions, is your phone old bootrom, new bootrom, A4 bootrom, A4 new bootrom (which apple will eventually release to close the Shatter exploit). Could get a bit confusing lol

I will cry if this is tethered.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    You, and alot of others, forget that Apple is making a very big effort, three years running now, of doing everything they can and hiring very smart people to stop jailbreaking. Each time it gets harder and harder. They are trying very hard to make it happen, and to ***** that it isn't happening fast enough when their efforts are thwarted every 3 months or so when a new firmware comes out, not to mention new hardware to work around, is plain immature and does nothing but bring down their morale. Apple doesn't have one single person or persons working diligently to stop them from selling apps. The devteam and chronicdevteams do. Maybe everyone that's complaining should take a step backhand get some perspective. I'd be willing to bet NO ONE here has people active preventing them from doing their job that they get paid to do every time they come up with a way to do it. These guys are getting small donations to do this while maintaining a life and a job. It's that simple.
    Im not forgetting that, and I'm not saying it's hard and that Apple isn't working against them. I'm okay with it taking longer while they work on it. I just want to explain that it does eventually need to happen and there are reasons why people are acting like they are owed a jailbreak. Me personally I've been waiting and can continue waiting. But expecting people to not feel like they are owed a jailbreak is ludicrous as there is ddefinitely a reason why a lot of people are owed one.
    Last edited by gsmumbo; 10-07-2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    This is going to make helping people harder eventually. Think of the questions, is your phone old bootrom, new bootrom, A4 bootrom, A4 new bootrom (which apple will eventually release to close the Shatter exploit). Could get a bit confusing lol
    lol
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Im not forgetting that, and I'm not saying it's hard and that Apple isn't working against them. I'm okay with it taking longer while they work on it. I just want to explain that it does eventually need to happen and there are reasons why people are acting like they are owed a jailbreak. Me personally I've been waiting and can continue waiting. But expecting people to not feel like they are owed a jailbreak is ludicrous as there is ddefinitely a reason why a lot of people are owed one.
    I can agree with that. But whining about it and getting pissed about it isn't going to help. It's coming, people just need to chill the F out. Nothings happened that won't allow it to be released, they aren't saying it can't be done. They are just saying it takes longer every time. While you haven't forgotten, about 80% of this community has. It makes no sense to get into an uproar about what it does and doesn't support, support is coming.

My favorite is those that complain they can't jailbreak because of SHSH blobs not being saved because they didn't get them. That cracks me up every time, literally laugh when I see someone hasn't heeded every single warning spread across the internet and chose to not take 2 minutes and get them. Haha. Schadenfreude indeed. (not to say I laugh at those that had something go wrong, I don't, just those that blame any number of reasons why they don't have them.)
    HK-Z on Game Center

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Actually this will greatly clear up helping people as it only supports 3 devices.. the ones with the A4 chip. Everyone else is out of luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Actually this will greatly clear up helping people as it only supports 3 devices.. the ones with the A4 chip. Everyone else is out of luck.
    LOL so true.

Need a unlock....

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you suppose we can enable multitasking, background wallpaper and battery percentage with this?Also I know it's supposed to be permanent but is there a way to reverse this jailbreak if something went wrong?
    Last edited by iPod; 10-07-2010 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Forgot to add

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I dont mean this jailbreak specifically, I just mean all the devices and bootroms that are going to be flying around is getting larger. More things to keep track of is all

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (10-07-2010)

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast