+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Analyst: Apple Prepping New iPhone Line With Varying Screen Sizes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by LivingRightlie173 Haha maybe Its not that I can't afford one, did you ever think that I just don't want one?!!? Just wait for next September when the
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LivingRightlie173 View Post
    Haha maybe Its not that I can't afford one, did you ever think that I just don't want one?!!? Just wait for next September when the new pad2 comes out... You will feel stupid that you bought 1st one. That the reason Im complaining bout apples products... Because they put 1-2 better features on their next item wich should have came with the original
    But the other thing is Apple products have a high resale value. When the new iPad is announced I will start to sell mine or wait till a little before the new one to get it. I don't lose much or sometimes I break even. A lot of users do this same exact thing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    Apple is ganna BLOW
    But don't they already?

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

I want a 9.7 inch iPhone that doesn't have phone capabilities. I really hope this comes out soon >_
    #eli7e revived me

SnR
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Stop it!
    +1. Whats the point, a smaller screen size would defeat the purpose of the iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LivingRightlie173 View Post
    Haha maybe Its not that I can't afford one, did you ever think that I just don't want one?!!? Just wait for next September when the new pad2 comes out... You will feel stupid that you bought 1st one. That the reason Im complaining bout apples products... Because they put 1-2 better features on their next item wich should have came with the original
    Boy are you going to feel stupider when I get the newer pad3.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carter454 View Post
    People. To add a retina display on even another 1/2 inch would cost a lot of money. Not 50 cents as somebody above said.
    Oh really? Because as it stands the 3.5" LTPS LCD Retina Display used on the iP4 carries a manufacturing cost of a whopping $28.50 for Apple. The capacitive "reinforced" glass is another $10.00.

Exactly how much more expensive could it possibly be? An increase of screen size by a little more than 14%. Factor that into the manufacturing cost and it's about a $5.50 increase in total manufacturing cost for the display and glass. More than my undercut $.50 obviously.....but still not "a lot of money".

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Go away troll!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Analyst: Apple Prepping New iPhone Line With Varying Screen Sizes-troll.png  

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'd love a wee bit of a bigger screen maybe they'll make a bigger one and the current size will be the standard.

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

What about the possibility of different sized iPads?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just heard a news article on the radio saying apple is producing verizon iphones to start selling early next year. Wheres messany he's probably going to jizz in his pants if its true. Probably just another rumor like most of his posts.

Thanks

If it's factual now, then you wont see mess any right about it. He is a strictly rumor based reporter. The best kind!

What's Jailbreak? Sarah Hastings's Avatar
    Thanks
    It is very inappropriate to have so many rumours around and it is getting really difficult to decide what to believe and what not to about iTechnology. I wish the media could be a little more sensible and responsible towards society by spreading authentic reports only.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Oh really? Because as it stands the 3.5" LTPS LCD Retina Display used on the iP4 carries a manufacturing cost of a whopping $28.50 for Apple. The capacitive "reinforced" glass is another $10.00.

Exactly how much more expensive could it possibly be? An increase of screen size by a little more than 14%. Factor that into the manufacturing cost and it's about a $5.50 increase in total manufacturing cost for the display and glass. More than my undercut $.50 obviously.....but still not "a lot of money".
    While I don't think it will cost nearly as much as implied, LCD costs increase exponentially with size due to having higher dead pixel counts and many more rejects. Then again, it's said that these would actually have the same resolution, so I don't think it applies so much.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Hastings View Post
    It is very inappropriate to have so many rumours around and it is getting really difficult to decide what to believe and what not to about iTechnology. I wish the media could be a little more sensible and responsible towards society by spreading authentic reports only.
    You and me both, but you know what they say, hope in one hand and $#!@ in the other & see which one gets filled first.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Take a deep breath......
    As much as some people like the current size of the iPhone4 do u really not think that in a few years the iPhone will not be the size of an elongated credit card with an organic screen?

Thanks

^^ If by "a few years" you mean < 5, then no. Probably not even in the next 10. Batteries will always hold portable electronics back way behind where they should be.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123