Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
Originally Posted by mortopher 1. No competitor had a 4G phone on the market (in the U.S.) when the iPhone 4 was released. 2. Show me a smartphone that has...
10-04-2010, 03:19 AM #81
1. It doesn't matter. Apple had the technology and the potential to make their new phone a 4G Phone. Since Apple is the leader in the smartphone market, they shouldn't have to wait and be the follower in order to produce the latest, cutting edge tech.
2. In terms of rated battery, you're probably right. Apple usually overestimates how long their batteries last. However, real world tests prove that even with multiple processes, cpu usage etc running on a competing phone like the Droid X, the battery life is still just as good. So if we were to turn off all these features and make the Droid X very iPhone like, then I'm sure the battery would be better than the iP4.
3. Why because Steve Jobs said so in the press conference? I don't care if the iPhone 4 has a better "photon sensor," because while the pics may look good on the phone (due to retina display), when blown up to a full screen monitor or printout, you will clearly see the difference.
Think about it, 5 MP is 5 MP, that's roughly 2580 X 2048 compared to the 3464 x 2312 of an 8 MP shooter. (Again, these numbers are not exact, but I simply googled "MP calculator" and got the values from there, so before you nitpick, I'm just letting you know how I obtained the figures). Once you blow up these images, pixels will ultimately be pixels and the 5 MP will give in much before the 8 MP pics will.
4. So since YOUR phone doesn't die, it automatically invalidates my claim? Please don't ever become an attorney because you will lose every single case with this kind of reasoning. Just because Unmarried Jane makes 500k a year working 20 hours a week doesn't mean you will. You have to look at the big picture, not your exceptional or rather, insignificant, case.
Apple does get away with being behind the curve. This pattern doesn't only apply to Apple though. VHS won over betamax even though BM was superior; McDonalds still sells more than any other fast food joint, even though we can all agree that mom and pop shops probably offer better food.
What is my point? My point is that Superior Marketing almost always triumphs in a consumer driven market. Apple is obviously very good at marketing their products. Bose makes some of the most expensive speakers with less/similar sound quality as competitors who sell for cheaper, yet Bose still sells more. Just because the masses decide to purchase X product over Y product doesn't mean that Y product is inferior. Get your facts straight and do some research.
Alternative: If that was too much for your mind to handle, check out iPhone 4 vs HTC EVO 4G on youtube, that will make it easier for you to understand.
Last edited by Dr.Xanax; 10-04-2010 at 03:21 AM.
10-04-2010, 03:57 AM #82
10-04-2010, 06:44 AM #83
LOL, Nelly, nice one...Annie is a girl...
Well, after ~2.5 years of iPhone (had 2G and 3G) I finally pulled the trigger yesterday afternoon and ordered myself HTC Desire HD ($750 OUCH!)...
I can renew my contract with T-Mobile and get iPhone 4 16GB for $20, but chose not to, even though I will stay with TM...
I am sick and tired of Apple's egotistical and monopolistical company philosophy...also I am sick and tired of waiting for jailbreaks in order to get a new feature on my phone...
Additionally to that I concur with what many people wrote here, that ~3 years later, iPhone 4 is nothing revolutionary comparing to 2G...when you look at things on the grand scheme, not much has changed...especially not GUI...so at least to me 2G and 4 are pretty much same phones...my friend just did that upgrade (2 to 4) and he said the only true difference that he can feel is the screen...other than that he wouldn't have minded to keep his 2G...
Also I am simply bored of it, and ready for something new...in the good old days I changed phones from every 6 months to 1 year, so it's definitely a record for me to keep a phone this long...
Also after all this time I found that I use my iPhone for phone, sms, mail, Google, White Noise, yes Flashlight! LOL...
The intial hysteria of games and apps has passed me a long long time ago...
Really looking forward to HTC...
Last edited by brab; 10-04-2010 at 06:47 AM.
10-04-2010, 10:09 AM #84
I would suspect that Apple with it's obsessive "we control everything" is looked at as the "old school corporate giant" and Google Android is looked at as "new cool hip upstart". Most people aren't geeks so the arguments about which OS is better doesn't even come into play.I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.
10-04-2010, 10:25 AM #85
I am happy to hear that because Apple is pushing it too far with price and unlocking problems
10-04-2010, 12:17 PM #86
The Megapixel Myth
I'm done derailing this thread. If you would like to continue discussing, you are more than welcome to pm me.
10-04-2010, 12:45 PM #87
At least Palm OS was mentioned, SymbianOS which was on Nokia and Sony/Ericsson phones is not even mentioned... Are they still around?
10-04-2010, 01:01 PM #88
10-04-2010, 03:22 PM #89
2. I forgot to mention that the iPhone doesn't have a removable battery. While this may not seem like a big deal to some, it's certainly a lifesaver when you can carry an extra battery or two in your backpack/car/etc and readily put your phone back to 100% within 30 seconds. Also, the ability to purchase higher capacity batteries = win.
3. I'll admit that I don't know too much about Mega Pixels and imaging, I was basing my view purely on logic. You're right about this point. My bad.
Also note to other users, I'm not trying to be the enemy here. I have a 3GS right now and I love Apple (own a Macbook Unibody and an old Macbook pro). However, I'm not some blind fanboy who will overlook some major flaws that the iPhone has. How do you guys expect improvement if nobody decides to provide some feedback?
BTW sorry if my English isn't that great... it's not my primary language.
Last edited by Dr.Xanax; 10-04-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
10-04-2010, 06:09 PM #90
Dr.Xanax..please stop. you fail at debating. you're talking straight out of your ***. lol
10-04-2010, 10:40 PM #91
The hype may not be as strong as when it was first released, but i know plenty of people who loathe my i4, and plan on getting one as soon as their contract is up. I do love that other companies are exposing apples weaknesses such as customization, flash, hdmi, and so forth. Hopefully we will see apple open up it's clinch and finally give it's users what they want... Not that i expect it to happen, and if so, not anytime soon.StealthBravo is my Hero!!!!!
10-05-2010, 02:06 AM #92
10-05-2010, 02:19 AM #93
Don't count WEB OS out yet. HP purchased it from Palm with plans to launch it's own platform. That's why it is at 0% FYI, it's off the market in rebuild stages HP bought Palm and WEB OS and canned it all to start from scratch on WEB OS. It's in purgatory HP hell right now.Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s
10-05-2010, 11:13 AM #94
10-05-2010, 03:28 PM #95
10-07-2010, 04:32 PM #96
10-07-2010, 06:16 PM #97
se7endreams and Dr.Xanax play nice please..
"Always remember your special and unique!"
10-07-2010, 06:49 PM #98
When are we going to be able to vote people off the island here?
10-08-2010, 12:27 AM #99
10-08-2010, 12:37 AM #100
I guess some people have no clue what mods do, and are capable of....