+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4's Luster Finally Losing its Grip on Consumers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by awesome.rising The surveyors need to do the maths. It DEEPLY flawed. The surveys are always flawed. People will try and steer the market with skewed surveys all
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesome.rising View Post
    The surveyors need to do the maths. It DEEPLY flawed.
    The surveys are always flawed. People will try and steer the market with skewed surveys all the time. However, people need to have these charts to be told what they should buy this season and what carrier to use. Best bet is not to listen to the surveys and try the products for yourself.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The vibrant is amazing !!!!!! But iPhone 4 is still better

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skj8100 View Post
    Isn't that problem enough? Especially when most of the updates are pretty much only to close the most recent jailbreak exploit....
    You understand that all Apple is doing is patching up holes in their devices' security, right? They'd be doing a disservice to the overwhelming majority of iDevice owners that don't jailbreak.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

I still think iPhone 4 is gonna be top seller this holiday season

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by squassss View Post
    The surveys are always flawed. People will try and steer the market with skewed surveys all the time. However, people need to have these charts to be told what they should buy this season and what carrier to use. Best bet is not to listen to the surveys and try the products for yourself.
    True that... But people are like sheep. They see one flawed survey; and they use it like a weapon in their arsenal of excuses to flame other devices. But no matter how much you try NOT listening to these surveys people will start flaming them.
    I am bored.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

There are like 500 Android phones... I don't think throwing them all into one statistic is fair or realistic. So yeah... 37% of the sample of prospective smartphone buyers would like one of the roughly 20-30 Android phones available makes for about 1-5% per phone. Not impressive.

Google is making a killing from the OS, but I will eat my hat if one single Android device is able to overtake the iPhone. With a new Android phone being released every couple of months it is impossible to get a user base that rivals that of the iPhone.

So eventually there may be more Androids in circulation than iPhones, but the fragmentation will not allow it to overshadow the iPhone.

tim

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    There are like 500 Android phones... I don't think throwing them all into one statistic is fair or realistic. So yeah... 37% of the sample of prospective smartphone buyers would like one of the roughly 20-30 Android phones available makes for about 1-5% per phone. Not impressive.

Google is making a killing from the OS, but I will eat my hat if one single Android device is able to overtake the iPhone. With a new Android phone being released every couple of months it is impossible to get a user base that rivals that of the iPhone.

So eventually there may be more Androids in circulation than iPhones, but the fragmentation will not allow it to overshadow the iPhone.

tim
    You are my new hero.
    I am bored.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilrican21 View Post
    Soon we might need a modmydroid.com Lol
    We have a ModMyMobile, MMi's sister site, which has Android stuff in there.

Wow, half of these comments require a mass facepalm.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 4's Luster Finally Losing its Grip on Consumers-massfacepalm.jpg  
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to awesomeSlayer For This Useful Post:

mortopher (10-03-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeSlayer View Post
    We have a ModMyMobile, MMi's sister site, which has Android stuff in there.
    Not to mention that there literally is a modmydroid.com. Lol. I know some of my comments deserve a facepalm. So,

Green Apple
    Thanks
    This carrier exlusivity is only in the us, other countrieshave ot on all carriers lol
    Quote Originally Posted by VBLUE42 View Post
    This is to be expected as Android is on multiple phones and multiple carriers. As soon as Apple will drop the exclusive carrier crap and open up the other carriers, the iPhone will be and stay on top. Even now the ratio of iPhones on one carrier to any other phone on multiple carriers is far higher for the iPhone.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I just made the swap from iPhone to Samsung Captivate, now running froyo, and I will never buy another iPhone. Even though most Apple fanboys, no offense if you are said fanboy, will argue that flash is no big deal I have to say that having full flash 10.1 running native is pretty nice. I'm glad to see android picking up steam and bringing more apps to the market. I'm still waiting to see what the WP7 brings to the table, as I would love to play around with XNA on it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Alot of you seem to think "why this is madness this survey is completely wrong"
    But the fact is this, everyone has personal preferences in a phone, and Android just happens to span across multiple devices and Apple iPhones are still clinging to ATT like glue through many contracts. And by the time Apple has it on multiple carriers, it will be tougher to do because many like the hardware specs of say, the droid 2 better than the iphone, So there is gonna be a fair amount of healthy competition if this carrier deal isn't gone by 5th gen.

I personally would love to see it on multiple carriers myself!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mudrock1000 View Post
    Alot of you seem to think "why this is madness this survey is completely wrong"
    But the fact is this, everyone has personal preferences in a phone, and Android just happens to span across multiple devices and Apple iPhones are still clinging to ATT like glue through many contracts. And by the time Apple has it on multiple carriers, it will be tougher to do because many like the hardware specs of say, the droid 2 better than the iphone, So there is gonna be a fair amount of healthy competition if this carrier deal isn't gone by 5th gen.

I personally would love to see it on multiple carriers myself!
    I want you to look at the graph. The math doesn't add up.
    I am bored.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Well when half the smart phone users purchased the iPhone 4 in the first few days I think sales are expected to decrease lol
    Yea this study is dumb. Of course sales are going to drop because everyone already bought their iDevice!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesome.rising View Post
    I want you to look at the graph. The math doesn't add up.
    You mean how there's only 82%?

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Competition is good. Everyone wins.
    consumers yes.... not everyone
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Though some may not agree that Android is superior to iOS, I think most of us can unianomously agree that the iPhone operating system is in need of a massive overhaul. The GUI, integration and overall washed out feel simply doesn't "just work" anymore. With Google offering what seems to be a very powerful force in the mobile OS market, Apple better take a hint.

Remember that necessity is the mother of all invention. As of right now, it's fairly clear that Apple doesn't see the necessity to improve their OS (also, Steve Jobs' massive ego inhibits the potential for growth). If you look at a pattern here, you will notice that this isn't the first time where Apple exhibits this type of lag happy behavior.

1. iPhone 2G released, no bluetooth

2. iPhone 3G released, terrible battery life and only slightly improved camera, no flash

3. iPhone 3GS released, still mediocre battery life (still not removable) no SD slot and STILL no flash.

4. iPhone 4 released, no 4G (while competitors have 4G) decent but not great battery life, 5MP camera (compared to competitors 8.1 MP 12.1 MP) still true and tired iOS.

Back when the 3G was released, there were much cheaper, non-smart phones which offered some of the basic features that Apple failed to provide again and again. This still holds true today and the only reason Apple sells so well is because they have a superior market strategy, an already proven name and asthetics.

Think about it, if 10 people tell you to shop at X store, why would you opt for Y store knowning that it's clearly better? Well because you want to fit in with those 10 other people; you are socially conditioned to believe that X store will have better clothes, even though that may not be the case.

The samething applies to listening to Mainstream music vs Non-Mainstream, etc etc.

Conclusion: Android clearly has some features that rival the iPhone... even though it may not be selling as much. This isn't an opinion, this is a clear fact and you can either flame me for it or accept the truth and move on with your life.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You buy an iPhone and unkownenly become a member of a cult. I love my iPhone 4 but I look towards the Android OS with envy. In the end, options satisfies the household. "Options" something the iOS lacks!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Xanax View Post
    Though some may not agree that Android is superior to iOS, I think most of us can unianomously agree that the iPhone operating system is in need of a massive overhaul. The GUI, integration and overall washed out feel simply doesn't "just work" anymore. With Google offering what seems to be a very powerful force in the mobile OS market, Apple better take a hint.

Remember that necessity is the mother of all invention. As of right now, it's fairly clear that Apple doesn't see the necessity to improve their OS (also, Steve Jobs' massive ego inhibits the potential for growth). If you look at a pattern here, you will notice that this isn't the first time where Apple exhibits this type of lag happy behavior.

1. iPhone 2G released, no bluetooth

2. iPhone 3G released, terrible battery life and only slightly improved camera, no flash

3. iPhone 3GS released, still mediocre battery life (still not removable) no SD slot and STILL no flash.

4. iPhone 4 released, no 4G (while competitors have 4G) decent but not great battery life, 5MP camera (compared to competitors 8.1 MP 12.1 MP) still true and tired iOS.

Back when the 3G was released, there were much cheaper, non-smart phones which offered some of the basic features that Apple failed to provide again and again. This still holds true today and the only reason Apple sells so well is because they have a superior market strategy, an already proven name and asthetics.

Think about it, if 10 people tell you to shop at X store, why would you opt for Y store knowning that it's clearly better? Well because you want to fit in with those 10 other people; you are socially conditioned to believe that X store will have better clothes, even though that may not be the case.

The samething applies to listening to Mainstream music vs Non-Mainstream, etc etc.

Conclusion: Android clearly has some features that rival the iPhone... even though it may not be selling as much. This isn't an opinion, this is a clear fact and you can either flame me for it or accept the truth and move on with your life.
    1. No competitor had a 4G phone on the market (in the U.S.) when the iPhone 4 was released.

2. Show me a smartphone that has a better battery than the iPhone 4. I use mine like mad and have never been stranded with a dead phone.

3. Please read up on how insignificant MPs really are in the grand scheme of things when it comes to photo quality.

the only reason Apple sells so well is because they have a superior market strategy, an already proven name and asthetics.
    What? This is your reasoning as to why Apple gets away with it's "lag happy behavior"?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

h2a (10-04-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    1. No competitor had a 4g phone on the market (in the u.s.) when the iphone 4 was released.

2. Show me a smartphone that has a better battery than the iphone 4. I use mine like mad and have never been stranded with a dead phone.

3. Please read up on how insignificant mps really are in the grand scheme of things when it comes to photo quality.

What? This is your reasoning as to why apple gets away with it's "lag happy behavior"?
    this.