+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4's Luster Finally Losing its Grip on Consumers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This survey is merely bull****. Why is it decreasing? Because lot of people already have iPhones.
    Thanks

This survey is merely bull****. Why is it decreasing? Because lot of people already have iPhones.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks
    Wait until they finish the iDroid port to iPhone 4

Cpich3g is already working on it!
    Check it out! Twitter / cpich3g: Patched kernel to accept o ...

Go ahead..hit the THANKS button

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

You'd be surprised how many people don't know about jailbreaking. I mean the iPhone is a great phone without a jb, just better with, but we all know how people like to say "well my android can do this and that, the iPhone can't" when they don't realize a large percentage of what the iPhone "can't" do can be done after jb.

So if more people knew about jb, which is official legal now (for those who are scared to break the law...), and knew how to utilize the jb, they'd stop walking away from the iPhone and grabbing an Android

That's just my opinion. I've seen people say they don't like the iPhone cuz there are very limited customizations (I think that's a stupid reason to have a phone). Customize your Android all you want then! Cuz can your Android be jailbroken? Nope

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    why is everyone still convinced that it will go to verizon?, not gonna happen. They should retake this survey after greenp0ison is released. I bet the i4 hype goes up once they can jailbreak.

funny about palm being at 0%, i bought a palm pre about 2 weeks before 3g was released and hated that piece of sh_t, then returned it for the 3g. those phones are impossible to use, i had one game(solitare) and it took me about 6 hours to figure out how to get it on the phone.
    I don't think greenpois0n would change the survey results all. People fail to realize that the JB scene is still a very small percentage of iPhone users.

h2a
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Bogus survey. Bogus article.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Cuz can your Android be jailbroken? Nope
    you sure about that?

Thanks

Are you saying it can? Cuz

1) I've never seen it
    2) if it were jailbreakable, it's obviously not great enough for me to find out about
    3) how many people would really work on jb apps for an Android vs the iPhone jb scene?

I still say Android is good, but it's not gonna beat an iPhone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Al what Apple needs to do is just forget the JB issue and open de damn thing..and now we are seeing finnaly in the Appstore some Ringtones making Apps...thats a good Step because people with an idevice would only have the stock ringtones and will not go buy a song on iTunes then to make a ringtone...thats stupid..

any ways..second Apples needs to go in Multi Carrier..if it is CDMA of GSM what ever..thought they find out some interesting things in the SDK of 4.2..so it could be that the would release the iPhone 4s in a different taste.

I bet that if they go on at least 2 carriers..they popup and kill everything..specially with Face Time..

Thanks

Remember there are three devices tuning iOS and over 10 if not closer to 20 dining droid. So in reality there are likely more iPhone sales that a single droid phone, but If you add them all together it would be unfair. It's like saying Toyota sold more cars total than chevy sold impalas.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wrcsti For This Useful Post:

Nelly998 (10-04-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you saying it can? Cuz

1) I've never seen it
    2) if it were jailbreakable, it's obviously not great enough for me to find out about
    3) how many people would really work on jb apps for an Android vs the iPhone jb scene?

I still say Android is good, but it's not gonna beat an iPhone.
    First, are you (mod edit)?

Second, do you understand what jailbreaking is?

Third, do you understand what rooting is?

Fourth, do you understand that rooting on Android is analogous to jailbreaking on an iPhone?

*All of these questions are rhetorical as it's blatantly obvious what the answer to each question is.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 10-02-2010 at 07:58 PM.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to politicalslug For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (10-04-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Not to mention that native android apps have A LOT more control over the phone than any iPhone app. For the most part, you dont even need to root to do half of the stuff we need a jailbreak for.

In summary, his comment wad really retarded.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    First, are you retarded?

Fourth, do you understand that rooting on Android is analogous to jailbreaking on an iPhone?

*All of these questions are rhetorical as it's blatantly obvious what the answer to each question is.
    First, when are you going to grow up?

Second, do you know how to speak like an adult and have a discussion when you disagree with someone about something?

Third, did your mother not teach you how to stop being a child?

Lastly, sorry that I just don't care much about the Android line. I can have an opinion as much as you can. You don't like it? Disagree and speak your opinion maturely, instead of resolving in your limited elementary and politically incorrect vocabulary.

iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnR View Post
    It's too bad that Apple didn't fix the issues they had. I'm sure when the iPhone moves to Verizon there will be another jump in sales.
    I doubt that the iPhone will ever come to Verizon. The Verizon CEO himself made it pretty clear that they won't. At least for now.

Thanks

I think the survey will change during xmas time when the White Iphone 4 is released. I know a lot of people are holding out for the white one. JMO

Thanks

First, when are you going to grow up?

Second, do you know how to speak like an adult and have a discussion when you disagree with someone about something?

Third, did your mother not teach you how to stop being a child?

Lastly, sorry that I just don't care much about the Android line. I can have an opinion as much as you can. You don't like it? Disagree and speak your opinion maturely, instead of resolving in your limited elementary and politically incorrect vocabulary.
    Here's a hint for life in general: before opening your mouth and saying something absolutely and completely idiotic, spend at least 5 minutes looking up what you're talking about.

Or here's an easier tip since it's obvious you can't be bothered to learn anything before coming up with opinions: don't post/say anything. At all. Ever.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (10-04-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    First, are you retarded?

Cliff's Notes version:

I'm a bitter and unhappy jackass. I hate people because things haven't turned out the way I had envisioned them.
    Last edited by mortopher; 10-02-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

The iPhone sales will jump again when the white ones come out and ios 4.1 is jbroken and unlocked.

Thanks

Can we keep it clean now?

Obviously Annie didn't know the droid has been rooted for a long time now. Root=jailbreak. Otherwise she's one of the most helpful and knowledgable people here.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

Android is actually a very good os but it still won't beat the iPhone. At least not any time soon. The main reason why ios is so huge is the app store. And the android os just cant match that yet. Also, a new jailbreak might bump up the sales .05%. Really, not many people who buy iPhones wait for a jailbreak before buying it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robertr1 View Post
    Android is actually a very good os but it still won't beat the iPhone. At least not any time soon. The main reason why ios is so huge is the app store. And the android os just cant match that yet. Also, a new jailbreak might bump up the sales .05%. Really, not many people who buy iPhones wait for a jailbreak before buying it.
    If Apple implemented some of the core Android features, it would be a dream. Things how like Google Voice integrates itself to the OS so when you call someone it automatically re-directs and calls through GV but on the front-end it looks like you're just making a regular call. Same goes for apps like Skype, Tango Video Calling, etc. It definitely lacks in the app department, but its app integration is much better than iOS. The notification system is much more elegant on Android too.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.