+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: The Bumpers are Back at Apple Stores

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you haven't set foot in an Apple store during the last 48 hours, perhaps you're unaware of a big return at the tech giant's retail outlets. With the conclusion
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,724
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

    Default The Bumpers are Back at Apple Stores



    If you haven't set foot in an Apple store during the last 48 hours, perhaps you're unaware of a big return at the tech giant's retail outlets. With the conclusion of the free bumper program this past Thursday, September 30th, Apple waited only a matter of hours to begin restocking the shelves of their retail stores with bumpers for sale.

    So the bumpers back, having been missing in action in both retail stores and the online Apple store during the free case program that, for a time, received every bit as much attention as the new iPhone. It now appears that as far as Apple is concerned, Antennagate is officially over. And the company is doing everything in its power to get past the issue and return to business as usual, which of course, involves selling the bumpers that, for many, curbed the reception troubles of the 4th generation Apple smartphone. Still, Apple has made it clear that it will address continuing problems on a case-by-case - no pun intended - basis.

    Should anyone have a reception issue, iPhone customers are urged to call Apple Care and explain the situation. It is possible - but far from guaranteed - that you will still have an opportunity get a free bumper if the powers that be at Apple determine that your situation warrants a gratis bumper.

  2. #2
    Green Apple Be Expressive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    They should come free when you buy an iPhone 4, atleast until they make an iPhone 4GS or 5 and have the issues fixed
    "We don't need bullets, We need Pie's"

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Be Expressive For This Useful Post:

    redwolf (10-03-2010)

  4. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Be Expressive View Post
    They should come free when you buy an iPhone 4, atleast until they make an iPhone 4GS or 5 and have the issues fixed
    Exactly
    Last edited by David666; 10-02-2010 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #4
    h2a
    h2a is offline
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 52 Times in 38 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Be Expressive View Post
    They should come free when you buy an iPhone 4, atleast until they make an iPhone 4GS or 5 and have the issues fixed
    By now, if you are buying an iPhone 4 you are probably well aware of the big antenna drama. If at which point you continue to purchase the phone with that knowledge and still plan on complaining about an issue you know about, thats your own consumer idiocracy.

    Apple doesn't need to curb any issues with a free anything.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to h2a For This Useful Post:

    EskimoRuler (10-03-2010)

  7. #5
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,532
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

    I can't agree more!

    "Always remember your special and unique!"

  8. #6
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Yep, Saw them yesterday


  9. #7
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,532
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    By now, if you are buying an iPhone 4 you are probably well aware of the big antenna drama. If at which point you continue to purchase the phone with that knowledge and still plan on complaining about an issue you know about, thats your own consumer idiocracy.

    Apple doesn't need to curb any issues with a free anything.
    You have a good point here but why should people have to make such a decision... should I buy it because it has antenna problems or not? People want the phone and don't want to wait. Apple created the problem and should at least offer this until they come out with one that is fixed.

    "Always remember your special and unique!"

  10. #8
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 16 Times in 5 Posts

    Can anyone explain to me why they only allowed the black number for free? I was waiting and waiting hoping to get a white bumper free, simply because of apples statement within the bumper program app "products are subject to change without notice" lol. Kinda bummed, because I waited so long, and missed out on my chance for a free bumper lol.

    Just curious why they wouldn't sell the other colors?

  11. #9
    Green Apple Be Expressive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    By now, if you are buying an iPhone 4 you are probably well aware of the big antenna drama. If at which point you continue to purchase the phone with that knowledge and still plan on complaining about an issue you know about, thats your own consumer idiocracy.

    Apple doesn't need to curb any issues with a free anything.
    I'm sure Apple is fully capable of giving away a free TPU skin bumper with there phones

    I've seen them on Amazon.com for like $10
    "We don't need bullets, We need Pie's"

  12. #10
    Go Giants whereswaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,382
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 359 Times in 257 Posts

    Well I bought a iPhone 4 a few days ago and i can confirm that the antennagate is done
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

  13. #11
    h2a
    h2a is offline
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 52 Times in 38 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    You have a good point here but why should people have to make such a decision... should I buy it because it has antenna problems or not? People want the phone and don't want to wait. Apple created the problem and should at least offer this until they come out with one that is fixed.
    I would agree with this with two exceptions- the first being that you have to remember that apple doesn't even recognize the attenuation as a pressing issue in need of an immediate remedy. The case program was almost definitely a way to shut people up for a few months.

    Secondly, I would agree but I have been using mine since launch day with no bumper and the phone has behaved no differently than my 1st gen or 3G iPhone other than giving me even better reception.

    I just really don't see any reason why apple should need to give away anything to people who only have the "problem" because they saw it on the news three months ago. Had nobody said anything I would have never noticed it.

  14. #12
    iPhoneaholic ecd5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Six - One - Zero
    Posts
    416
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts

    i just bought my 4 last week and have no more problems then my 3g had at work and certain areas of my house. ive tried to give it the death grip but it didnt phase my signal at all, but hey i thank apple for hooking me up with a free case!
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

  15. #13
    iPhone? More like MyPhone nautical79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Baja Mexico
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I didnt have any problems with the reception at all. I dont think is because i'm not able to unlock it and i have to use with out the 3g service, its because mine is flawless and way better than the others.
    Common Sense Its Not So Common

  16. #14
    iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    i just bought my 4 last week and have no more problems then my 3g had at work and certain areas of my house. ive tried to give it the death grip but it didnt phase my signal at all, but hey i thank apple for hooking me up with a free case!
    Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    I would agree with this with two exceptions- the first being that you have to remember that apple doesn't even recognize the attenuation as a pressing issue in need of an immediate remedy. The case program was almost definitely a way to shut people up for a few months.

    Secondly, I would agree but I have been using mine since launch day with no bumper and the phone has behaved no differently than my 1st gen or 3G iPhone other than giving me even better reception.

    I just really don't see any reason why apple should need to give away anything to people who only have the "problem" because they saw it on the news three months ago. Had nobody said anything I would have never noticed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nautical79 View Post
    I didnt have any problems with the reception at all. I dont think is because i'm not able to unlock it and i have to use with out the 3g service, its because mine is flawless and way better than the others.


    Thank You!!! Yes, I would say that there is almost no problem with iPhone 4 reception. It is such a minor issue. The only reason that people are concerned is because they saw it on the news and all over the internet 3 months ago. I have had no problems whatsoever on my iPhone which still does not have a case/bumper.

  17. #15
    iPhoneaholic scroogelives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blueblaze4444 View Post
    Thank You!!! Yes, I would say that there is almost no problem with iPhone 4 reception. It is such a minor issue. The only reason that people are concerned is because they saw it on the news and all over the internet 3 months ago. I have had no problems whatsoever on my iPhone which still does not have a case/bumper.
    Fully agree I've had my iPhone 4 for a month now and often switch hands when on a call and never drops a call! Still took the free case and then sold it on lol so a small return thanks to the whole issue!!

  18. #16
    Green Apple Jaywu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Got my free case about a week ago, I can say that I never had reception issues to start with. But I did buy a " Outter Box" the slimmer looking one and I've noticed I got all of my signal bars. Free case or not the iPhone is great!!


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  19. #17
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    Has anyone else taken their bumper off a few times (mainly due to dust around the screen) and noticed it stretches around the headphone jack? I geuss it's because it's made of silicon, I've had to put blutac on the top of my phone to keep the bumper flush.. Kinda sucks


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

    iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

  20. #18
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MacDevil7334's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts

    I just got my iPhone 4 a few days ago and am definitely experiencing death grip problems. I'm running 4.1, so I know I it's not just a "signal reporting issue." When I'm at home, where I normally have full bars, holding the phone only causes it to drop to 2-3 bars. However, at work where I have 2-3 bars normally, holding the phone makes it drop to "Searching" and then "No Service" within about 20 seconds.

    I do have bumper case on the way, but really don't want to have to put a case on the phone. Given what I'm reading here and on other sites, it sounds like Apple may have quietly tweaked the antenna design to eliminate or at least reduce the problem. If I take the phone into my local Apple store, is there any chance they might swap it out?

  21. #19
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    I went in and got a white one. I noticed a great thing. The flexible part that touches the screen is of a more durable material then the one offered in the case program. I have a black one from the case program and as I rub my finger across it it flips up but not on the new white one I have

  22. #20
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 145 Times in 75 Posts

    I hate the silicone bumpers, I bought a hard plastic white one off the internet and its great. And it lets me show of my awesome white rear housing.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts