+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Bumpers are Back at Apple Stores

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by MacDevil7334 Given what I'm reading here and on other sites, it sounds like Apple may have quietly tweaked the antenna design to eliminate or at least reduce
    Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MacDevil7334 View Post
    Given what I'm reading here and on other sites, it sounds like Apple may have quietly tweaked the antenna design to eliminate or at least reduce the problem. If I take the phone into my local Apple store, is there any chance they might swap it out?
    The iPhone 4 has not undergone any hardware changes. The ones bring sold today are exactly the same as the ones sold on day 1.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thumbs up Didn't see any antenna issues....
    I bought my iPhone 4 during the first 3 weeks of introduction and have had no problems with my antenna. I have had maybe 3 dropped calls in the last 2-3 months. I would have had lots more dropped calls with the 3G. With 2-3 dropped calls I never saw the antennage issue. I did not have any cover, bumper on my iPone 4 at all until recently when I got my bumper. I only got the bumper because it was free.

Stryker

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

took over a month for my case to ship but i have no death grip issue, but i do get less bars in my house and the basement compared to my sisters 3gs, and brothers son ercison

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There really is no excuse why they can't package then iphone 4 with the bumpers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywu View Post
    Got my free case about a week ago, I can say that I never had reception issues to start with. But I did buy a " Outter Box" the slimmer looking one and I've noticed I got all of my signal bars. Free case or not the iPhone is great!!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    I too have the "Otter Box" but beforehand had no problems as far as reception. I have the "Defender Series" which is a bit bulkier (and much more expensive at $50) but I love it!

And just to mention, the "OtterBox" headquarters is near where my dad works. Supposedly the creator (back when the 1G first came out) walked into an AT&T store and threw his iPhone with the newly created case as hard as he could against the wall. He then picked up the phone and showed the people around him that it still worked perfectly. And that's when it started going into production. Haha! Great Story.

iPhone 4 Defender Series Case // OtterBox.com

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm actually planning on snagging one of those for work but for every day use they're a little too bulky for my tastes.

These guys are selling iPhone 4 cases for $0.01 right now as they try to get some name recognition and I'm a sucker for free/cheap cases so I ordered one which will make it case numero 5 and 6 for me. With the Otterbox I'll have a case for every day!

(I'm retarded)

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CONVBMW's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Well I bought a iPhone 4 a few days ago and i can confirm that the antennagate is done
    When you say its done, do you mean that you are not having any issues ?

Quote Originally Posted by blueblaze4444 View Post
    I too have the "Otter Box" but beforehand had no problems as far as reception. I have the "Defender Series" which is a bit bulkier (and much more expensive at $50) but I love it!

And just to mention, the "OtterBox" headquarters is near where my dad works. Supposedly the creator (back when the 1G first came out) walked into an AT&T store and threw his iPhone with the newly created case as hard as he could against the wall. He then picked up the phone and showed the people around him that it still worked perfectly. And that's when it started going into production. Haha! Great Story.

iPhone 4 Defender Series Case // OtterBox.com
    LOL. Awesome
    Last edited by CONVBMW; 10-02-2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Just because you aren't experiencing any issues doesn't mean that there isn't an issue at all. I'm sure many consumers capitalized on the opportunity for a free bumper regardless of issues or not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CONVBMW View Post
    When you say its done, do you mean that you are not having any issues ?
    Yep, but I ordered my free case anyways

iPhone? More like MyPhone VaderForce's Avatar
    Thanks

The Apple Bumpers are still not available at Apple Online or retail stores in Australia.
    =Is the quality of your life, the outcome of your own thoughts?=

Thanks
    Got my iPhone 4 about a week ago, and till date I have not once had a dropped call or even a loss in the signal and oh, Pelephone / Israel (the provider), did not have the bumpers yet when I got mine, (which as they informed me I got sold the 1st iPhone 4 in Jerusalem by this provider), so, I guess that the problem is not present in all countries.
    (Pelephone did inform me that they will notify me when they get them, but still I would say that I'd rather get a cover more than simple bumper to protect it)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If anyone is curious, I held onto my free black bumper (package unopened) in hopes to exchange for a different color when available. I went to the Apple store this past weekend and asked a sales associate. He told me that a receipt is required to exchange.

So no color exchange with your unopened free black bumper.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ndproductions View Post
    Got my iPhone 4 about a week ago, and till date I have not once had a dropped call or even a loss in the signal and oh, Pelephone / Israel (the provider), did not have the bumpers yet when I got mine, (which as they informed me I got sold the 1st iPhone 4 in Jerusalem by this provider), so, I guess that the problem is not present in all countries.
    (Pelephone did inform me that they will notify me when they get them, but still I would say that I'd rather get a cover more than simple bumper to protect it)
    Small update:
    Went to the Pelephone store here in Jerusalem & asked about it, & still they don't have it, even they said and I quote when I asked when they will get the bumpers: "they (apple israel) told us not to give any promises on when we will have them!"
    I also went into the other provider shops (Cellcom israel and Orange israel), and same story they said they don't have the bumpers and won't give me a date on when they will have them as they were not told themselves!!

I don't know why is this happening here, but if anyone has any idea please let me know?!

(as I thought that Apple is actually giving them with each new iPhone 4 no matter which country one is in, or am I wrong people???)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unvaluablespace View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why they only allowed the black number for free? I was waiting and waiting hoping to get a white bumper free, simply because of apples statement within the bumper program app "products are subject to change without notice" lol. Kinda bummed, because I waited so long, and missed out on my chance for a free bumper lol.

Just curious why they wouldn't sell the other colors?
    From a business standpoint, it is much easier to provide one color for free. They mass produced the black ones and gave those as our only option. This way they don't have to do any guesswork of how many of any given color to have a ton of, etc. They probably could have done it. Nay, I KNOW they could have, But this way was less work.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Very pissed!!!
    I'm REALLY Pissed with Apple and their bumper which I got for free from their bumper program.. I bought the iphone and waited 2 weeks until I received the bumper in order to use it. Now its been about 2 months, once I remove the bumper, I noticed damages made by the bumper on my iPhone!!

On the outside of it where the rubber are, it seemed like a soft friendly plastic with a little gloss, but on the inside, the plastic are hard. When you put the bumper on, it causes friction against the iphone chrome. Every time you press the sleep button or insert a sync cable to charge, the friction causes shiny spots on my iphone 4 chrome. It supposed to be all matt looking not shiny wears, I guess I will just go get brasso and clean the rest out..

Anyone have the same problem.. Should I go complain to them even though I got it for free?

Thanks

still 30$ right? if so they should lower it to 20$...30$ is bit too much for a bumper case i like the orange one perfect for Halloween
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    By now, if you are buying an iPhone 4 you are probably well aware of the big antenna drama. If at which point you continue to purchase the phone with that knowledge and still plan on complaining about an issue you know about, thats your own consumer idiocracy.

Apple doesn't need to curb any issues with a free anything.
    +1
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

What's crazy is... out of all the people that i know that have an i4 (which is around 15), only "1" of them has a bumper. And even that person now has a case vs. bumper due to the similar drawback of silicone cases... they catch inside your' pocket. And it makes it REALLY difficult to get out at times.

I really wonder what the percentage of the free bumpers given away by apple were, compared to the 3rd party cases that they offered....
    StealthBravo is my Hero!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought the bumper b4 my phone arrived,I was told I would get a full refund plus choose another case from the app store,well they sent me the wrong case and wouldn't give me the refund 4 the bumper and never sent me the exchange package in the mail like I was promised all I wanted was store credit but I guess that's to much to ask,oh well!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I ordered the bumper and was sent the wring case also ( some clear hard plastic hunk of garbage that barely fit and was really loose...) but rather than trying to deal with the pain in the *** of returning/exchanging I just threw it out.

Also, although I have not handled one of apples bumpers I picked up one made by griffin which has clear plastic around the chrome and black semi hard rubber that "reaches" around the front and back and I have not had any problems with the phone getting caught in my pocket so there is an option for those of you not digging on the apple bumper...