Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FolderEnhancer Released: Get The Most Out Of Your Folders

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

I just bought it, Its way way way better then infifolders. No Offense to the infinfolders dev. By the way I dont knwo if anyone else ahs run into the same problem but I had to uninstall infifolders to get FolderEnhancer to work,

This is awesome, I Literally just put A folder inside a folder, inside another folder, inside another, and so one, so I have like x10Sub folders just for the fun of it, & they still open fast/smooth! Great job to the dev

"Lost icons" were because of how I was putting the icons into the folders. User error. Wasn't waiting for the next folder to open before letting go. App works perfectly. I don't.
    Senior

lovingit thus far, one little thing, i dont know if anyone else has this, is that sometimes, seemingly randomly, opening a folder will kind of push the entire dock and its icons down right to the bottom of the screen, and then when that folder closes they spring back up !?
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

Any idea when 4.1 update is coming,an will it still conflict with everything even though I'm pretty sure it only does that when I was trying to install (didn't see message stating not for 4.1)
    Thanks

Does anyone know where the files for FolderEnhancer are on the iPhone? I want to SSH in and try to change the folder background. Perhaps someone has already figured out how to accomplish this?
    Found. In case anyone is curious:
    FaQ's:

Can I use my own folder wallpaper image?

Yes. The image file is located at:

/System/Library/CoreServices/
    SpringBoard.app/
    FEFolderBG.png

(Use [email protected] for devices with retina displays).

Overwriting this file is not recommended, though, as it will be replaced with each FolderEnhancer upgrade.

Instead, the recommended method is to use WinterBoard (by Jay Freeman, available for free via Cydia).

The WinterBoard path to use is:

Some.theme/Bundles/
    com.apple.springboard/
    FEFolderBG.png
    Last edited by THES0FAK1NG; 10-03-2010 at 01:11 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THES0FAK1NG For This Useful Post:

Dirk Digler (01-16-2011), wardy19uk (10-04-2010)

Why SSH? Check the FAQ in the documentation and you'll see FolderEnhancer is Winterboard savvy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeStorm For This Useful Post:

THES0FAK1NG (10-03-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post
    So this is basically a port of CatgoriesSB to 4.x, rather than using the native system? Meh, I think I'll stick to what I have now, CategoriesSB gave me more than enough problems in its day.
    Snap...
    If i can i always like to try a paid app before i purchace it and i did and didn't like it one bit

I have custom folder backgrounds and they disapered, yes it may open folders quickly but it doesn't work with Infinifolders which i am not going to give up.

The native system works so much better than anyone else can implement in my opinion

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thankyou ashikase, 4 updates now in less than 72hrs fixes all issues i have, great product, now with latest update, more than 16 icons per page

Just bought it today and it's great. I only wish multifolder mover would work with apps in folders. What an improvement though. So snappy and quick. It really is $2 well spent. I had my fun with infiniboard, but this is a real winner.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,182 Times in 6,199 Posts

Ditto, I love this app. Well worth the money, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    nice implementation, but i like the original folder animation that apple has. I don't like how it's a folder that opens up and fills most of the screen, especially when you only have say 3 or 4 apps in a folder. If the animation was kept the same, but still have the functionality of quick folder launch i'd def keep it. But, it is definitely a good enhancer, just not for me.
    I second that, Apples implementaion is beautiful and until I can keep that this stays off my phone, and Infinifolders stays on. At the moment this is just a port of Categories to iOS4, but well done as a first effort.

Quote Originally Posted by THES0FAK1NG View Post
    Does anyone know where the files for FolderEnhancer are on the iPhone? I want to SSH in and try to change the folder background. Perhaps someone has already figured out how to accomplish this?
    Found. In case anyone is curious:
    FaQ's:

Can I use my own folder wallpaper image?

Yes. The image file is located at:

/System/Library/CoreServices/
    SpringBoard.app/
    FEFolderBG.png

(Use [email protected] for devices with retina displays).

Overwriting this file is not recommended, though, as it will be replaced with each FolderEnhancer upgrade.

Instead, the recommended method is to use WinterBoard (by Jay Freeman, available for free via Cydia).

The WinterBoard path to use is:

Some.theme/Bundles/
    com.apple.springboard/
    FEFolderBG.png
    I've done exactly the same, yet my folder theme doesn't show up. Would you mind giving me one of yours just to test it out whether it works so I can see if I really did something wrong or it simply doesn't work

Thanks in advance.

i lost alot of my apps what were there when i scrolled down.. how do i get them back? i install then again and still dont see them..

Quote Originally Posted by Enphekt View Post
    i lost alot of my apps what were there when i scrolled down.. how do i get them back? i install then again and still dont see them..
    I think you're having the same problem I did. I just uninstalled the app and the apps came back.

Looks awesome! Can't wait to get this!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Very nice!... they should have called it "IncrediFolders" since is just incredible :-)

update this for 4.1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by robertr1 View Post
    I think you're having the same problem I did. I just uninstalled the app and the apps came back.
    well i can even uninstall the app cause they arent visable; any app on another page in the folder other tgen the first page is gone. so mostly all my apos are gone. using sbsetting hide icon i can tell the apps are still on the phone just got no way to run them because of the lost icons. of anyone has a fix or suggestion to fix this itll mean alot. thank you in advance.

Not the apps you lost. THE app, FolderEnhancer, should be deleted. But, first, ...

Try a respring. If you don't put them in folders correctly, they "disappear." Often, after a respring, they are there (open each folder and swipe it, sometimes the apps are hiding on the next page). Otherwise, do an uninstall of FolderEnhancer and they should return. If you are using Infinifolders, read the thread.
    Senior

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast