+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TV SHAttered

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adVp-IxcDHI]YouTube - SHAttered AppleTV 2G[/ame] Well, that didn't take long. @MuscleNerd reported last night that he was able to use SHAtter to make the new Apple TV restore a pre-jailbroken
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple TV SHAttered
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adVp-IxcDHI]YouTube - SHAttered AppleTV 2G[/ame]

Well, that didn't take long.

@MuscleNerd reported last night that he was able to use SHAtter to make the new Apple TV restore a pre-jailbroken IPSW. This video, released on the Dev-Team Blog, shows @MuscleNerd using ssh to access the Apple TV, running commands as root. According to @p0sixninja, it only took @MuscleNerd 30 minutes to do it.

The "not ready for prime time" jailbreak just shows what's possible, as there's no way to load and run apps on the Apple TV… yet. However, @StealthBravo has confirmed that you can mount the Apple TV in iTunes using a microUSB cable, and TinyUmbrella has already been updated to allow users to save Apple TV SHSH blobs. Late last night, @StealthBravo found DFU mode: plug in a microUSB cable (no power cord), hold the Menu and Down buttons for 6 seconds to reboot and then immediately hold Menu and Play buttons. The team is working with devs from the original Apple TV, and it looks like @nitoTV has a list of most if not all of the headers.

Things are about to get interesting. Make sure you pick up a microUSB cable when you get your Apple TV!

Source: Dev-Team Blog and Twitter
    Last edited by Paul Daniel Ash; 10-01-2010 at 08:33 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like I will need a micro cable after all. Can't wait to get it next Tuesday!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Again Where is the Jailbreak i had enough of people showing off. come on!!!! i paid for cydia app like screen dimmer and other ones. smh i can't even use it!!! i just wasted my money for nothing. i could of use a cracked ver but i didn't since i want to support the devs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CaptBojank's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't mean to pee all over this, but aside from a few people here does anyone really care about the Apple TV?

I know I don't.
    --= Fortes fortuna adiuvat =--

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptBojank For This Useful Post:

andrewb283 (10-01-2010), Superman0069 (10-01-2010), ufcsean (10-01-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great work! Dev team is the best!
    mod edit/link removed

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilrican21 View Post
    Again Where is the Jailbreak i had enough of people showing off. come on!!!! i paid for cydia app like screen dimmer and other ones. smh i can't even use it!!! i just wasted my money for nothing. i could of use a cracked ver but i didn't since i want to support the devs.
    Jeez calm down they're making it. It's taking long because as always they want to iron out any bugs and make it user freindly, I respect them for that and so should you. I havnt had the chance to jb my i4 yet, but I don't complain, just sit tight

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBojank View Post
    I don't mean to pee all over this, but aside from a few people here does anyone really care about the Apple TV?

I know I don't.
    Well, I care tons. Picked one up and think its pretty great. Once it can play avi's and mkv's this will be perfect!

Hope they are able to add something like boxee/xbmc/plex/vlc to it.
    Last edited by markman80; 10-01-2010 at 09:07 AM. Reason: spelling

iPhone? More like MyPhone CaptBojank's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markman80 View Post
    Well, I care tons. Picked one up and think its pretty great. Once it can play avi's and mkv's this will be perfect!

Hope the are able to add something like boxee/xbmc/plex/vlc to it.
    Fair enough. Aside from sports and news I quit watching TV during college and never started back up.
    --= Fortes fortuna adiuvat =--

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    a great way to support the devs is to praise them for all they have acomplished, and not complain about them not doing something as fast as you want them to when you have no clue how to even begin doing what they are. Please quit whining and just be glad they are working on it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by siacotos View Post
    a great way to support the devs is to praise them for all they have acomplished, and not complain about them not doing something as fast as you want them to when you have no clue how to even begin doing what they are. Please quit whining and just be glad they are working on it.
    +1

Thanks

I know I don't.
    Nice, but I don't give a damn either. Streaming TV? No thanks. It's the could care less about device of 2010. Didn't care about the other apple tv either.
    Hmm...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

ufcsean (10-01-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My dream for Apple TV would be getting it to work on a Hackintosh netbook.

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's keewl not needed tho

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

all i can say is that the dev team is amazing! awesome work they do.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz View Post
    Jeez calm down they're making it. It's taking long because as always they want to iron out any bugs and make it user freindly, I respect them for that and so should you. I havnt had the chance to jb my i4 yet, but I don't complain, just sit tight

Yeah just be patient. I have a jailbroken iP4 running 4.0 and its nothing short of amazing. Just be patient guys. It will be well worth it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nice? not really its a dumb device still missing my jailbreak for my iphone 4 :/

~Tim

If I have helped you then thank me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

LMAO! either way, you can't used the cracked or paid version until the jailbreak is released. Idiot. How about downgrading back to 4.01. And if you can't, sorry your the unfortunate one that either purchased your device so late after release, or upgraded your device like a dummy knowing you can't jailbreak 4.1. Is either of the two the Dev's fault?

-= Formally known as SiLeNtKiLLa =-

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iBanks For This Useful Post:

luvmytj (10-01-2010), saunupe1911 (10-01-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

Some people care about Apple TV, some don't. Everyone has their own opinion. Personally, I like the streaming aspect of it more for music because of the sound system hooked to my TV. Play my iTunes through my Bose set up, luvly. I don't have an option at this point to stream music from my pc to my tv so this will work nice.

Complaining that there is no jailbreak for the i4 yet, seriously?? Why don't they rush the jailbreak out, not notice a bug or three, your phone ends up bricking and then watch the complaints that come out.

"Why'd they release this if it wasn't perfect?" "They should have waited and worked on it longer......"

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

please look at the header { Apple TV}..you may want to skip over this one if it doesn't concern you clown.
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

Thanks

I know I don't.
    I picked one up last night, @ $99 why not? I must say it mad TV kinda fun again, and Netflix look amazing on it, better then my PS3 by far. Now that it's jailbroke it will be awesome. IMO...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to kmmxracer For This Useful Post:

yentrog31 (10-01-2010)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast