+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What's New In Cydia : iPicMyContacts, MultiCleaner, GroupSend

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
In the excitement for the new jailbreak tool, it's great to see that there are still a ton of new apps being released into the Cydia store, as we all
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Default What's New In Cydia : iPicMyContacts, MultiCleaner, GroupSend
    In the excitement for the new jailbreak tool, it's great to see that there are still a ton of new apps being released into the Cydia store, as we all prepare to jailbreak the world. Here is this week's breakdown of what's new and updated in Cydia. Share your comments on your experiences with these apps as usual! Enjoy..

iPicMyContacts
    iPicMyContacts

iPicMyContacts is very similar to the popular Cyntact by Saurik. Most of you probably already have Cyntact but if you haven't yet purchased it, I highly recommend checking out iPicMyContacts.

iPicMyContacts has a built in feature that will allow you to quickly search google for someone's picture and add it to the contact on your phone. At first I thought that it wouldn't work, but I was surprise when in a matter of a few minutes I was able to add dozens of my contacts photos. The search was pretty damn accurate, and the developer claims it will get even better.

Grab this one in Cydia for $1.29

MultiCleaner
    da_petcu21

MultiCleaner is an advanced housekeeper for your MutliTasking apps. It can get to be quite a pain in the @$$ managing app, and MultiCleaner is here to help. The app will allow you to quit apps with a quick activator gesture and even allows you to customize the multitasking bar to your own liking.

MultiCleaner is available in Cydia for $0.99.

GroupSMS
    trustmobi

GroupSMS is an app that allows you to send SMS messages to a group of contacts. The apps comes with a built-in manage to quickly edit and create groups from your contact list.

The app design is slick and has an excellent GUI. It is available in Cydia for $1.99. But if this interests you, keep reading for the next group sending app.

GroupSend
    Zmaster

It only seems appropriate to detail another app that does group sms messages next. GroupSend also allows you to send a message to a group of people on your contacts list. It also integrates seamlessly with your any of the messaging apps like the stock Messages app, iRealSms and even biteSMS. There is no application persay, but rather a tweak to the way you select contacts, which is really what makes this app different than GroupSMS.

When you choose to "add contact" while composing a new message, you will be given the ability to select more than one contact rather than the one at a time method. You can also select existing groups you have created as well in a single tap.

NOTE: it is recommended to define contact groups to get the maximum of the functionality. You can use ABGrouper to do so.
    GroupSend can be found in Cydia for $1.49, slightly cheaper than GroupSMS. Even without the pricetag in mind, I'd prefer this over groupSMS, as this is a tweak to the native system rather than an additional app.

DataCounter
    xh

Data Counter is a simple application that allows you to track your data usage over a period of time, and allows you to set up notifications when certain conditions are met. This is a a great app for those that want more instant notification from their data tracking. However for the cost of $2.99, you might be better off using the Data trackers in the official Carrier apps. You can find this app in Cydia.

Also Available...

PreventSleep Free
    An SBSchedule toggle that prevents your device from going into sleep mode (The screen still turns off but WiFi and 3G continue to operate)

Features Free
    Enable iOS 4 features on iPhone 3G and iPod 2G

Multitasking Time Free
    A Mobile Substrate plugin that adds the time and a battery icon to the multitasking bar.

Pass Gen Free
    Generate passwords of any size instantly with phonetics, lowercase, uppercase, numbers and punctuation.

AndroidLock XT $1.49
    An enhanced version of AndroidLock, and android like lockscreen for your iDevice.

FastSnap $0.99
    Take Photos and Video using the volume controls, much like a regular camera would be set up.

App Switcher Rotator $1.49
    This plugin rotates the switcher icons to the current app's orientation.

Direct Closer Pro $1.00
    A Tweak that automatically adds the red cross on icons inside the mutlitasking bar to quickly close apps.

PlayAwake $1.99
    Use iPod music as your alarm clock. This is a tweak that fully integrates with your Clock app.

FastNumber $0.99
    Simplify the number of steps to adding a phone number into your contacts list.
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 09-30-2010 at 04:28 PM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

Agudan (09-30-2010), allanes5 (09-30-2010), Apes (10-01-2010), blkcadi (09-30-2010), bluerocker (10-22-2010), CaryDude (10-01-2010), GellBrake'rrrr (09-30-2010), IrishBlue77 (10-01-2010), stlcaddie (09-30-2010), whoadie (10-13-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks for the update!
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool can't wait to jb my iPhone 4 so I can try some of these new apps out

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Green Apple
    Thanks

MultiCleaner is showing up as $0.99; might want to fix that in the article.

Thanks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PaintTheSkyGrey For This Useful Post:

Nick Hesson (09-30-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Bought multicleaner just to get around an annoying backgrounder bug where badges don't show on icons in the recent apps list. How ****ing long is it gonna take them to fix this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    what new jailbreak are you talking about. the how to jailbreak iphone 4 link at the top of the forums is broke. and a google search came up with nothing interesting

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

iPicMyContacts is not really a big thing. Its cyntact with the google search function.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey does anyone know if there is an opposite for PreventSleep? Basically something that would stop my iPod Touch from keeping wifi on even while it goes to sleep - it is a battery killer.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet! Apps that make our iPhones do things they should of done on ios 1.0. Thank you developers for making the iPhone usable. I will buy a few of these

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bryman21 View Post
    Hey does anyone know if there is an opposite for PreventSleep? Basically something that would stop my iPod Touch from keeping wifi on even while it goes to sleep - it is a battery killer.
    Why don't you just turn wifi off in SBSettings?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaintTheSkyGrey View Post
    Why don't you just turn wifi off in SBSettings?
    yeah that is what I am forced to do.. but when I forget - battery drains to zero (especially overnight) I liked pre 4.0 when you put the touch to sleep wifi would also come off. It sucks that every single night I have to turn wifi off in SBSettings.

Thanks

For people willing to pay for iPicMyContacts and similar apps, do you not sync your contacts with Google or do you just not care that Google syncs back the low-res pics really small?

This is by far the most annoying thing about the iPhone that nobody seems to care about.

Thanks

Datacounter seems useless, since the iphone does in for u in settings>general>usage
    multimanager looks great, i've been looking for something like this
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bryman21 View Post
    yeah that is what I am forced to do.. but when I forget - battery drains to zero (especially overnight) I liked pre 4.0 when you put the touch to sleep wifi would also come off. It sucks that every single night I have to turn wifi off in SBSettings.
    Maybe I'm not understanding something, but if Prevent Sleep is turned off in SBSettings, then wifi should shut off once the phone goes to sleep mode right?

As an experiment, I had Prevent Sleep turned on with Wifi on while downloading videos using YourTube 2 last night on my iphone 4 and the whole time that I was asleep, i lost about 10 percent of my battery in 6 hours. I have since left my phone on sleep mode with wifi on and Prevent Sleep OFF and I've only had a 1 percent drop on my battery for about 6 1/2 hours.
    Ninjas?!?!...They all learned from ME!!!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to risingkazuya05 For This Useful Post:

888eric.goon (10-01-2010), bryman21 (09-30-2010)

Thanks

I know one thing. CYDIA needs to be updated to backup our installs like Rock used to do. It needs to be done before the next jailbreak or we will be forced to use something like PkgBackup to backup our device. I'm not shelling out $4.99 for a feature that used to be free in Rock and worked almost flawlessly.
    Last edited by saunupe1911; 09-30-2010 at 04:16 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saunupe1911 For This Useful Post:

Eagleye (09-30-2010), LSZ33 (10-01-2010)

Thanks

Anyone having issues with facebook app after installing ipickmycontacts? Ihave deleted this app untill a fix has been sorted.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cahoosersnip View Post
    Anyone having issues with facebook app after installing ipickmycontacts? Ihave deleted this app untill a fix has been sorted.
    works great for me. facebook still intact

Thanks

I can't seem to get Features to work, any suggestions
    "We don't need bullets, We need Pie's"

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Man where is the flipping jailbreak I paid for Cydia apps and I can't even use it. Waste of money!

Thanks

ipickmycontacts makes facebook app not work right. after i installed it i could not tap a lot of the tings in the FB app. uninstalled and it was back to normal. (iphone 4 4.0.1)