+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First iPhone 4 Sales Surface from China

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Reports of iPhone 4 sales in China quickly depleting supplies are being corroborated by cold hard sales data today, as China Unicom has revealed some noteworthy statistics about the 4th
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default First iPhone 4 Sales Surface from China

Reports of iPhone 4 sales in China quickly depleting supplies are being corroborated by cold hard sales data today, as China Unicom has revealed some noteworthy statistics about the 4th generation Apple smartphone's arrival in the world's largest mobile community.

According to figures presented in People's Daily from China Unicom, sales of the iPhone 4 topped 100,000 within the first 100 hours of the device's availability. Compare that impressive burst of sales to the iPhone's less than stellar roll out last year. During the first full week of the iPhone's availability in China during 2009, China Unicom gained a scant 5,000 iPhone customers.

Without question, the global popularity of the iPhone 4 has given the device a major boost of momentum in China.
    Also helping, naturally, is the savvy marketing strategy behind getting the iPhone 4 in Chinese consumers' hands. This time around, customers who sign up with China Unicom for the 16GB iPhone 4 (with a 2-year contract) get the iPhone free of charge in return for paying a $43 charge per month.

It should also be noted, however, that the sales figures released by China Unicom are those of the Chinese mobile operator only. Apple is yet to provide company-specific sales data from the company's retail outlets located in China.

People's Daily
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 09-30-2010 at 08:05 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    well thats great, but the only problem is that i'm not in china!
    Still Confused

iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Thanks

ive been waiting ALL morning for new news on this site.... and this all i get?????

I WANT MORE APPLE NEWS!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Like I've all seen it this afternoon, first post since i got back home
    Still Confused

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mallenass View Post
    ive been waiting all morning for new news on this site.... And this all i get?????

I want more apple news!!!!!!
    hahahahahahahaha.

Thanks

I agree totally with Mallenass !!!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I always wonder why half of the stories on MMi are about the iphone in china... honestly...who cares?

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kieranl89 View Post
    I always wonder why half of the stories on MMi are about the iphone in china... honestly...who cares?
    I guess cause it's one of the biggest countries in the world!!! Thats why!
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!

Thanks

the iphone 4 was launched in my country this week. and sales are explosive. why is nobody covering this and only cover china?
    well ill cover it then.....

the iphone 4 has been released earlier this tuesday on the Dominican Republic. the acclaimed piece of ultimate technology is being supported by two carriers, CLARO Dominicana & Orange Dominicana at prices that go as low as RD$190.00 (6 US Dollars) with data plans that rise to up to RD$4,500 a month (125 US Dollars).

the sales of the phone have not yet been reported but it is expected that this iphone will outsell previous iphones models in the country. Though in this country BlackBerry is the master of the Universe since the general population is in its vast majority ignorant, and the think RIM´s BB´s are the shiznit since they get ¨free BB chatting¨ and for them, thats reason enough to consider this device ¨lo ma ratata¨ and also the infamous ¨antennagate¨ debacle was also blown out of proportion in this country and the population is generally misinformed in the subject saying ¨the iphone4 has no signal¨

But to people with a higher knowledge in technology like myself, pay no mind to these false rumors and are more than exited to finally have our iphone 4´s in our hands. i already bought mine, and luckily it came with the previous 4.0 baseband and 4.0 FW, so yes, to all Dominican Iphone 4 Owners, we shall jailbreak away!!!!

cheers!!!!

Thanks

I'm not surprised, this is happening in every country outside the US

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mallenass View Post
    the iphone 4 was launched in my country this week. and sales are explosive. why is nobody covering this and only cover china?
    well ill cover it then.....

the iphone 4 has been released earlier this tuesday on the Dominican Republic. the acclaimed piece of ultimate technology is being supported by two carriers, CLARO Dominicana & Orange Dominicana at prices that go as low as RD$190.00 (6 US Dollars) with data plans that rise to up to RD$4,500 a month (125 US Dollars).

the sales of the phone have not yet been reported but it is expected that this iphone will outsell previous iphones models in the country. Though in this country BlackBerry is the master of the Universe since the general population is in its vast majority ignorant, and the think RIM´s BB´s are the shiznit since they get ¨free BB chatting¨ and for them, thats reason enough to consider this device ¨lo ma ratata¨ and also the infamous ¨antennagate¨ debacle was also blown out of proportion in this country and the population is generally misinformed in the subject saying ¨the iphone4 has no signal¨

But to people with a higher knowledge in technology like myself, pay no mind to these false rumors and are more than exited to finally have our iphone 4´s in our hands. i already bought mine, and luckily it came with the previous 4.0 baseband and 4.0 FW, so yes, to all Dominican Iphone 4 Owners, we shall jailbreak away!!!!

cheers!!!!
    Lol cheers! And cheers to your beautiful women!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Lol cheers! And cheers to your beautiful women!
    oh yah.... we have the best women!

come on down any time!!!! we have facetime too!

Thanks

Colombia has better looking woman.
    EDM

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Colombia has better looking woman.
    uhmmmmmmmmmm..... thats relative....

but in my opinion.. yeah, thats true. but hey! lets do a ¨foreign exchange¨

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kieranl89 View Post
    1 in 5 humans might care.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

iPhone? More like MyPhone l-awstraljan's Avatar
    Thanks

Iphone 4 was onlyl released last week in my country, and within 5 hours EVERY outlet that sold the phone was out of stock, 5 hours for christ sake!!! In Malta btw, and i was lucky to find one of the last iphone 4 32gb

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

100,000 in first 100 hours???
    5,000 new users???
    That is very bad numbers, I don't blame you fanatics don't want to see these numbers. Knowing there are so many people out there that don't use iPhone, and realizing that iPhone is not the most popular phone out there Apple only have a small piece of world market.

Thanks

Lmfao @mallenass "lo mas ratata". I also agree with @zeal, Colombian women are better followed by my puerto rican women.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dale2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    100,000 in first 100 hours???
    5,000 new users???
    That is very bad numbers, I don't blame you fanatics don't want to see these numbers. Knowing there are so many people out there that don't use iPhone, and realizing that iPhone is not the most popular phone out there Apple only have a small piece of world market.
    wat? did you read the article?
    5000 users was Last year's iphone release
    100,000 iphone 4s sold in the first 100 hours of availability, by the phone company
    numbers do not include apple store sales.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale2 View Post
    wat? did you read the article?
    5000 users was Last year's iphone release
    100,000 iphone 4s sold in the first 100 hours of availability, by the phone company
    numbers do not include apple store sales.
    That numbers is still cr@p numbers considering the population is in billions (plural) AND took 4 days and change to sell out.

Also look at what they offer "sign up with China Unicom for the 16GB iPhone 4 (with a 2-year contract) get the iPhone free of charge in return for paying a $43 charge per month". That offer is hell of a lot better than what the minimum requirements is here, yet can not sell out on first hour or even the first day.

$43/month and get a phone free, yes it does not say the terms of the service but it is almost 1/2 what I am paying now plus I had to pay $200 for the phone.
    Last edited by unison999; 09-30-2010 at 02:01 PM.